Film | News

The Return of 'Robocop': TRAILER

Robocop

The 1987 Paul Verhoeven film gets a reboot from director Jose Padilha with Joel Kinnaman playing the role of Alex Murphy. And they've decided this time he'll come in "tactical black".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The ED-209 in the trailer looks bad-ass!

Posted by: MikeKV | Sep 6, 2013 9:08:14 AM

2. Am I missing something? I don't understand how ROBOCOP is a gay news story.Gay director? Gay star? Or maybe it's just "One of my favorite films from my boyhood is being remade." In that case, my bad.

Posted by: Kevin | Sep 6, 2013 10:01:32 AM

3. meh

Posted by: The Sarcastic Misanthrope | Sep 6, 2013 10:19:13 AM

4. Yet another franchise reboot. Can we now say with confidence that creativity and innovation in Hollywood is dead?

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Sep 6, 2013 10:19:23 AM

5. Kevin - This is "a site with homosexual tendencies," not "a site exclusively about topics specific to gay men." Towle and his co-bloggers are free to post whatever they want: if you don't want to read something... then don't.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Sep 6, 2013 10:20:36 AM

6. Watered down and torn apart.
    This film can't hold a candle to the original. Key plot points have been deliberately changed or ignored.

I wish producers would stop injecting their own ideas into a reboot franchise. Just update the original, don't change it or water things down. Watering it down will only make it forgettable.

I'll vote with my wallet and will not be seeing this piece of crap excuse of a remake.

Posted by: chris255 | Sep 6, 2013 10:21:30 AM

7. Ah great! More ScreenWriters with ORIGINAL materials being overlooked by Hollywood.

Snooooooze.

Wake me up when a studio is willing to start producing original material by original story tellers again.

Til then, snoooooooooooze.

Posted by: james | Sep 6, 2013 10:36:14 AM

8. Given the comments here, I thought it would be terrible...the trailer doesn't make it seem that way. I'll probably see it.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Sep 6, 2013 10:38:27 AM

9. I'll watch it when released. Always liked the franchise and the story looks intriguing. The idea of a high powered jet plane hurtling down a city street is not that believable. The air flow would blow out every window in neighborhood and people would be tossed about like toys.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Sep 6, 2013 10:58:26 AM

10. cranky cineastes complain about remakes and hollywood, film at 11

Posted by: gomez | Sep 6, 2013 10:59:24 AM

11. I hope it has the biting satire of Verhoeven's original. Otherwise, what's the point?

Posted by: colin | Sep 6, 2013 1:30:05 PM

12. i hope it contains the elements which make the original such a modern-classic: merciless and sharp social satire.

no joke - the original has no right being as clever as it is

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 6, 2013 1:34:50 PM

13. This movie steals from Battlestar Galactica and Ironman.

Posted by: Ed | Sep 6, 2013 3:30:12 PM

14. Yet ANOTHER Hollywood remake??!! The trailer doesn't really look very interesting; just another action, shoot and kill flick like every other American-made movie out there. No thanks.

Posted by: David From Canada | Sep 6, 2013 4:58:18 PM

15. Blown up!? What happened to having his limbs shot off and being barely a torso?

If I remember correctly Alex Murphy was dead and they brought him back to life. Looks like in this version he was still alive and just gave him a robo suit.

Plus it looks heavily "inspired" by N7 armor from the Mass Effect video games.

Posted by: Brandon H | Sep 6, 2013 6:05:48 PM