Comments

1. Kevin says

Am I missing something? I don’t understand how ROBOCOP is a gay news story.Gay director? Gay star? Or maybe it’s just “One of my favorite films from my boyhood is being remade.” In that case, my bad.

2. Gregory In Seattle says

Kevin – This is “a site with homosexual tendencies,” not “a site exclusively about topics specific to gay men.” Towle and his co-bloggers are free to post whatever they want: if you don’t want to read something… then don’t.

3. chris255 says

Watered down and torn apart.
    This film can’t hold a candle to the original. Key plot points have been deliberately changed or ignored.

I wish producers would stop injecting their own ideas into a reboot franchise. Just update the original, don’t change it or water things down. Watering it down will only make it forgettable.

I’ll vote with my wallet and will not be seeing this piece of crap excuse of a remake.

4. james says

Ah great! More ScreenWriters with ORIGINAL materials being overlooked by Hollywood.

Snooooooze.

Wake me up when a studio is willing to start producing original material by original story tellers again.

Til then, snoooooooooooze.

5. Mike Ryan says

I’ll watch it when released. Always liked the franchise and the story looks intriguing. The idea of a high powered jet plane hurtling down a city street is not that believable. The air flow would blow out every window in neighborhood and people would be tossed about like toys.

6. David From Canada says

Yet ANOTHER Hollywood remake??!! The trailer doesn’t really look very interesting; just another action, shoot and kill flick like every other American-made movie out there. No thanks.

7. Brandon H says

Blown up!? What happened to having his limbs shot off and being barely a torso?

If I remember correctly Alex Murphy was dead and they brought him back to life. Looks like in this version he was still alive and just gave him a robo suit.

Plus it looks heavily “inspired” by N7 armor from the Mass Effect video games.