Fashion Men | Models | New York | News | Shirtless

BigGayDeal.com

What Does it Take to be a Male Swimsuit Model at NY Fashion Week? — VIDEO

Parkeronen

It's New York Fashion Week, and Racked goes inside a casting for swimsuit designers Parke + Ronen.

Can you walk effortlessly in the bikini briefs this model is wearing? "You're good."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_parkeronen

Comments

1. Yum, that French guy who's more comfortable naked is delicious,

Posted by: colin | Sep 6, 2013 12:59:57 PM

2. such hard work, the end of the day must leave you drained...

Posted by: northalabama | Sep 6, 2013 1:16:35 PM

3. this made me think better of P & R, i remember going into their NYC store and asking the clerk if they had anything that would fit me and he said "shoes." LOL.

Posted by: Cd in DC | Sep 6, 2013 1:19:11 PM

4. so this is what gay heaven will be like! works for me!!

Posted by: matt | Sep 6, 2013 1:32:35 PM

5. Yawn!

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 6, 2013 2:41:25 PM

6. I like nudest beaches because like me,others have nothing to hide!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Sep 6, 2013 3:05:25 PM

7. I've shot 500+ male models in the last 5 years and it IS hard work. They get paid crap compared to female models, most of them hold down several other jobs just to live, most don't eat before their shoots as they have to be completely cut for the shoot, they're judged on every aspect of their physiques, most dedicate hours every day at the gym to keep up those physiques. Most 'normal' guys could never do what most of these models do.

Posted by: dumbnhung | Sep 6, 2013 3:20:49 PM

8. Where is the casting couch? Nice to know they are out there.

Posted by: Ben | Sep 6, 2013 5:48:28 PM

9. I concur that modeling is difficult and dull. I've only modeled pants without face shots because I'm a perfect 32 x 32, which is apparently the most common size for several major retailers. The pay is crap and the hours are long. I don't see why most guys do it.

If you're vaguely smart, you can (partly) use your looks to get ahead in a lot of easier, better-paying jobs. People can't help but respond to good looks. Duh.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 6, 2013 8:25:51 PM

10. They've finally done to men what they did for women. Turning young models into anorexic, hairless, mannequins for fashion sake. They all need to eat a sandwich and exhale.

Posted by: Mitch | Sep 6, 2013 9:39:17 PM

11. Please tell this average looking guys to eat a couple of cookies once in awhile.

Posted by: Kelsey | Sep 6, 2013 10:27:27 PM

12. Has anyone else here had a really bad experience with Parke & Ronen bathing suits?

I'm slim and physically fit and even at my size I've found the bathing suits incredibly uncomfortable and poorly fitted

They also dont wear well over time

I think they would be nearly impossible for someone who isn't slim to fit into (including someone who is very muscular)

Posted by: American Dreamer | Sep 6, 2013 11:19:18 PM

13. Oh please, this is just a bunch of gay guys looking for friggin eye candy. These designers are usually trying to sleep with these poor guys making them think they're going to be famous. Tell the REAL STORY!!!

Posted by: Hypocrites | Sep 7, 2013 8:01:04 AM

14. Ok-
    Now let's get back to the French Guy!

Posted by: deen | Sep 7, 2013 9:02:09 AM

15. Teachers, construction workers, maids, nurses, firemen, police officers, EMTs work hard. They make a real contribution to the world. Models, not so much.

Posted by: John | Sep 7, 2013 10:17:07 PM

16. Such a hard life, isn't it? You don't get paid as well as women? That's disgraceful! How dare attractive men get treated so unfairly by this business. AND SOCIETY, AM I RIGHT?

Posted by: Glenn | Sep 8, 2013 2:59:24 AM