Advertising | News

BigGayDeal.com

The Best Way to Take Care of Your 'Deck', in Three Easy Steps: VIDEO

Deckmaintenance

In the veing of the viral Kmart 'Ship My Pants' commercial comes this banned commercial from New Zealand about 'Deck Maintenance'. If you say the word 'deck' in a Kiwi accent, you know where we're going with this.

Watch the spot (language may not be work-friendly), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is this for real? This is hysterically funny. Four times through and I am still laughing hard. I mean, laughing heartily.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 6, 2013 11:57:58 AM

2. It isn't real, it is satire, check out the rest of the channel. They are all actors.

Still entertaining though.

Posted by: Alexander | Oct 6, 2013 12:33:41 PM

3. Someone really needs to send a copy of this to One Million Moms.

Posted by: jomicur | Oct 6, 2013 12:34:21 PM

4. Charmant et amusant

Posted by: DumbNHung | Oct 6, 2013 1:00:57 PM

5. Don't bother sending to OMM: They wouldn't get it.

Posted by: Onnyjay | Oct 6, 2013 1:05:26 PM

6. Hey Andy and co! I don't know how closely you check your Twitter Andy, so I'll post here too. I noticed this article is linked to a stolen video. The real video is from a channel I follow called Barely Political. If you notice, at the end of their video, their logo briefly displays.

Here is the link to the real video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmeoYKYctw

Posted by: Saul | Oct 6, 2013 1:18:10 PM

7. What a scream. The "New Zealand Style" was such a good setup. His wig also made me laugh.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Oct 6, 2013 1:44:24 PM

8. @ Saul, not it's a calculated post since the "original" version was posted on a competitors gay blog two weeks ago.

Posted by: don't a tell la | Oct 6, 2013 1:58:25 PM

9. I was just mildly amused until he started on the caulk.

Posted by: Mike in the tundra | Oct 6, 2013 2:22:50 PM

10. A few comments about this video. I live in NZ and have never heard of this product. It's not a real ad. Secondly, that accent is not a NZ accent. That's an australian try, and failing to do a NZ accent.

However the "deck" joke has been done here, much more subtly though. I can't remember the product name, otherwise I would try to find the video. They show the ads all the time here for a deck finishing product and the man in the ad is all proud of his newly stained deck and one woman turns to another and says "Oh, men and their decks."

Posted by: jct | Oct 6, 2013 2:47:47 PM

11. No way that this can be real. HOWEVER FUNNY? OH Gawd yes!

Posted by: Mike | Oct 6, 2013 2:57:17 PM

12. Love that South Pacific accent.

Posted by: Peter | Oct 6, 2013 3:54:14 PM

13. he didn't have his shirt off enough.

Posted by: alguien | Oct 6, 2013 4:01:05 PM

14. Those deck jokes just write themselves.

Posted by: S. | Oct 6, 2013 4:11:09 PM

15. I could have done without the "every kid in the neighborhood has been on my di/eck" part.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Oct 6, 2013 4:40:18 PM

16. That was stupid funny-and yeah the part about the kids been on his deck was creepy.

Posted by: jarago | Oct 6, 2013 5:56:53 PM

17. It's sort of been done before:

Posted by: StudioTodd | Oct 6, 2013 9:37:22 PM

18. It may be a nice deck but the size of it is nothing compared to mine which I made a lot bigger the more I thought about how many people were going to enjoy it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 7, 2013 5:03:24 AM

19. I'm a kiwi and have to go with JCT on this, that is a woeful Australian attempt at a NZ accent but funny ad nonetheless :)

Posted by: Callum | Oct 7, 2013 5:42:38 AM

20. Their services are really very good.For More Info http://www.resealtimberdecks.com.au

Posted by: soul John | Mar 26, 2014 7:36:38 AM