Mark Miller | News

Asking Guys if I'm Gay: VIDEO

Imgay

Vlogger Mark Miller continues his survey of the college crowd.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Part 1 is HERE if you're interested.

Comments

1. ZZZzzzzzz....towleroad loves posting crap like this. A PERFECT example of Self-Hatred-Innner-Homophobia.

Posted by: Bosie | Oct 4, 2013 11:35:51 AM

2. Waste of a post.

Posted by: Jacob W | Oct 4, 2013 11:36:14 AM

3. I agree with what Ken said also. The guys being interviewed know they're on camera and don't want to give an honest answer and appear homophobic. The guys were timid about saying yes, instead a few said maybe.

Posted by: Kucklehead | Oct 4, 2013 11:39:05 AM

4. It's just a really bad video series. The "joke" isn't funny, the "point" is moot... There is nothing here. I guess a lot of the people involved were cute?

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 4, 2013 11:43:57 AM

5. What a douchey video.

Posted by: moldy mayonaisse | Oct 4, 2013 11:54:08 AM

6. I think that we still live in a culture where gay is still seen as a negative and when asked point blank from a complete stranger most people are going to say no out of politeness.

The constant "I have a boyfriend" is annoying.

Posted by: Lazycrockett | Oct 4, 2013 11:54:24 AM

7. This whole concept is annoying.

Dude, go make a video about something important. Help some old people or starving children or grow a tree.... anything but this.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 4, 2013 11:58:44 AM

8. Actually, he looks like Andrew Rannells, who is gay.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Oct 4, 2013 12:22:22 PM

9. Enough, already.

Posted by: kaccompany | Oct 4, 2013 12:31:07 PM

10. Yes. You do. And the reason, I'm guessing, most are saying no is because that's the default acceptable answer. "Do I look fat?" "Do you like me new hair cut." Until everyone is totally ok with gays, 9 times out of 10 this will be the answer, especially in front of a camera.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Oct 4, 2013 12:31:40 PM

11. And this narcissism continues because.., I'm sorry, I really don't see the point in the fuile exercise.

Posted by: Pdxblueyes | Oct 4, 2013 12:32:49 PM

12. I have a feeling the reaction he has gotten when revealing he is gay to people in his life has been surprise. I can hear the frat boys saying..."Bro...no way!" Maybe he thinks he's an unusual gay.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 4, 2013 12:34:00 PM

13. I just want to bury my face in his ass and smoke his cock all night. Enough with the words gay frat boy. Get to business !

Posted by: Holocene | Oct 4, 2013 12:47:14 PM

14. Putting yourself out there and sharing your creativity with the world is brave, so it's important to be generous. HOWEVER, it's hard to react kindly to vanity, and this video comes off as an exercise in that and nothing else.

That shirt is a metaphor for the questionable taste of the video.

Posted by: John | Oct 4, 2013 12:59:54 PM

15. I loved it! And it doesnt hurt that most of the guys interviewed were eye-candy-ish...
    =)

Posted by: George F | Oct 4, 2013 1:13:23 PM

16. Wish he had a point to make after all this asking.

Posted by: Martin Haro | Oct 4, 2013 1:47:45 PM

17. He's adorable...thought this was cute!

Posted by: wyldcatty | Oct 4, 2013 1:50:49 PM

18. Again why are the comments here so negative all the time? If jimmy kimmel did this video, the same commenters would be high fiving the video!

Posted by: Kyle | Oct 4, 2013 2:02:29 PM

19. What a total d-bag.

Posted by: Perry | Oct 4, 2013 2:44:48 PM

20. I couldn't sit through the whole video but I think it's good he made it. This video would have been helpful to me to see when I was a teenager or young adult - and for that reason I'm glad he made it. But, not super into it myself...but for his generation I think it's very relevant.

Posted by: stephen | Oct 4, 2013 3:09:09 PM

21. His question and approach are making people second-guess his motives. He might as well have been asking "Do you think I pass for straight?".

It would have been more interesting, I think, if he allowed people to be a little more daring with a more neutrally phrased question, like: "Do you think I'm gay or straight... and why?"

Posted by: Jexer | Oct 4, 2013 3:25:30 PM

22. He thinks he's cute and wants to be on TV, but he's too dumb to write his own material.

Posted by: AdamK | Oct 4, 2013 3:47:58 PM

23. "in the real sense of the word gay" ??? huh?
    so, according to him there's one way to describe or label someone as gay? (and that's if they don't act like him, which is overtly trying to act like he's straight).

I just don't get it.
    Really immature, ignorant, and homophobic. I understand he's trying to have fun, but he's reinforcing stereotypes-- saying to these guys (and girls): see! i'm not all feminine and queeny-acting, like gay guys are...

he's young. he has a lot of growing up to do.

Posted by: rob | Oct 4, 2013 3:51:07 PM

24. So many jealous queens! That's why they're alone and never get a boy like this!

Posted by: litper | Oct 4, 2013 4:43:46 PM

25. ROB, there's a big difference between feminine QUEENS and gay MEN.

Posted by: litper | Oct 4, 2013 4:45:02 PM