Brian Sims | Gay Marriage | News | Pennsylvania

BigGayDeal.com

Gay PA Rep. Brian Sims on Governor's Incest Remarks: 'Vote Him Out of Office'

In a Facebook post this afternoon, Pennsylvania's gay Rep. Brian Sims reacted to Governor Tom Corbett's remarks on a radio show this morning in which he compared gay marriage to incest.

SimsWrites Sims:

All day long I've been hearing about the Governor's comments earlier this morning comparing marriage equality to incest. In truth, I'm not giving him or his comments all that much thought and I encourage you to do the same.

No one, not even his own party, would argue that he’s an intellectual heavyweight or even a particularly thoughtful person. The larger issue is that despite the fact that the majority of Pennsylvanians disagree with him, he continues to be the heaviest hitter in Pennsylvania’s anti-equality crusade.

Tom Corbett has been a disaster for Pennsylvania for so many reasons and I hope this fuels your resolve to vote him out of office.

Comments

1. Thank you, Brian! You said it all.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 4, 2013 3:40:10 PM

2. I give much more attention to my beard, and making my boyfriend think I'm a real man.

Posted by: Josh | Oct 4, 2013 3:43:55 PM

3. When is the next election for Governor in Pennsylvania? I wonder how much longer the commonwealth will have to endure having this joke in Harrisburg. I have heard from friends and family in PA that Corbett is unpopular there that the state GOP may not even renominate him.

Posted by: Jere | Oct 4, 2013 3:46:25 PM

4. I answered my own question. The next electioin for governor in PA is in November, 2014. Pennsylvanians will only be stuck with this laughing stock for little more than a year.

Posted by: Jere | Oct 4, 2013 3:51:03 PM

5. "Our job isn’t just to be frustrated with the homophobia coming from the Governor’s Mansion, it’s to do everything we can to ensure that his chapter in Pennsylvania’s political history is as sad and short as his record on schools, economic development and civil rights."

Ouch.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Oct 4, 2013 3:52:48 PM

6. Josh; Why i'm not surprising to such homophobic post on a gay site.

Frankly, there must be a way to ban some people on this site. A little trolling from time to time is fun, but that's just too much

Posted by: jjose712 | Oct 4, 2013 4:05:00 PM

7. Well spoken Brian..."ditto".

Posted by: PAUL B. | Oct 4, 2013 4:14:17 PM

8. Yep vote him out!

Posted by: David | Oct 4, 2013 4:46:49 PM

9. Don't be bitter Josh, some of us are masculine and easily grow facial hair. If you can't catch up, just be yourself, don't be a Queen.

Posted by: ST | Oct 4, 2013 5:52:35 PM

10. You know Corbett is bad when his own GOP buds don't even like him. We need a word like Dan Savage's take on santorum.

Posted by: deke | Oct 4, 2013 6:28:39 PM

11. Reality Bites. I don't play the same game. P.S. I can grow facial hair, but nothing as magnificent as Mr. Man.

Posted by: Josh | Oct 4, 2013 7:00:40 PM

12. I never voted in favor of Corbett in the first place. But..majority favored him oddly enough. Let's hope that changes next year. You can bet I'm not voting for him again. I just hope there's a worthy successor to take him on.

Posted by: MickyFlip | Oct 4, 2013 7:53:23 PM

13. Word is they had to wait till Corbett was out of the attorney general job before anyone in PA could prosecute Sandusky for raping all those children because Corbett wouldn't press charges against him. I'll bet he's a child rapist too.

Posted by: Jersey | Oct 4, 2013 8:41:22 PM

14. JOSH = self loathing homosexual

Posted by: tweedle | Oct 4, 2013 10:40:46 PM

15. Wow. It's been so long since I've heard a politician speak that succinctly and directly that it kind of gave me a twanger.

Posted by: Sean | Oct 4, 2013 11:29:12 PM

16. I don't think I could keep my hands off of the Honorable Congressman, there, even if he were my brother.

Posted by: FFS | Oct 5, 2013 3:54:16 AM

17. Time for some gay people to root around the depositions in the Sandusky matter and find some egg on Corbett's face. Maybe Sandusky himself would bring the guy down. Pennsylvania needs a Patrick Fitzgerald, who put two Illinois governors behind bars.

I agree with Sean, this is a politician who puts things well. I'd vote for him. I'd support him in other ways, too. Financially, and well, say, if he needed to release some tension.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 5, 2013 8:28:12 AM