Couples | Lance Bass | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lance Bass Might Televise His Wedding

6a00d8341c730253ef019aff210487970b-800wi

Lance Bass, who got engaged to boyfriend Michael Turchin this September, has opened up to ABC News about his plans for his upcoming nuptials. The former 'N Sync-er, SiriusXM radio host and newly minted director said he and Turchin plan to marry next fall. According to Bass, "I've always dreamt of having an outside wedding, or at least the reception outdoors, that's why [next] fall." Readers curious to know all about the wedding -- plans for the ceremony, the reception, the guest list, etc. -- may be pleased to know that the couple may share the experience with the entire world, broadcasting it on “a particular network":

"I love a party. It's going to be nice and big and over the top," he said. "The network offered us a big wedding special. Knowing myself in the 1980s growing up a gay kid in Mississippi, I would loved to have seen something on TV I could relate to and go, 'Oh, my gosh, I could do that!'"

As for the wedding itself, Bass said there's no tradition to follow and they plan on doing things "our own way."

"I don't know if we will even have groomsmen or bridesmaids," he added. "Since there's no wedding dress and half the excitement of a wedding is to see the wedding dress and what it looks like ... we're wanting all of our guests to come completely over the top, high fashion like you're heading to the MET Ball or the Royal Wedding."

As for the couple’s honeymoon (which will probably not be broadcast on television), Bass says, “There's lots of places we've wanted to go together, but have not found the time...One of those is Paris, one of my favorite places in the world. It would be nice to be able to experience that with Michael."

Comments

1. Broadcast it to the entire world! That'll end overpopulation once and for all.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 27, 2013 2:02:29 AM

2. Oh I'm sure he will if he gets paid for it. After all he hasn't had a job since he was Justin Timberlakes backup singer.

Posted by: RayJackonsMS | Oct 27, 2013 3:34:23 AM

3. Pretty sure the fiancee did a Sean Cody video a few years back. Anyone else recognize him?

Posted by: Rick | Oct 27, 2013 7:54:34 AM

4. And the divorce?

Posted by: JJ | Oct 27, 2013 10:55:24 AM

5. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: steve | Oct 27, 2013 10:59:22 AM

6. Lance Bass might shove his turtle mug in front of a camera for attention? What a surprise.

Posted by: Skeptical Cicada | Oct 27, 2013 11:25:28 AM

7. What guy just announced his marriage? TR Knight? He said it was a "private and personal thing". Well you knew this couple wasn't going there, Mrs. Lance Bass would surely back out.

Posted by: MIke | Oct 27, 2013 11:39:53 AM

8. Please don't. At least, not with those tragic haircuts.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Oct 27, 2013 12:01:22 PM

9. Amazing how bitter and bitchy some queens are when posting on TW. Envy and jealousy are poisons to the soul. Ease up, homos. Enjoy that there are people in this world who are happily living their lives. Too bad most of the naysayers here are so miserable.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 27, 2013 12:30:40 PM

10. I sincerely hope they have a happy life. That said, if Lance Bass dropped off the gay marginal celebrity radar, it would not be tragic.

Posted by: Profe Sancho Panza | Oct 27, 2013 12:35:54 PM

11. @Mike Ryan. Lol, no, won't watch it, tears will not be shed for this pointless "celebrity", our community doesn't engage in monolithic groupthink, and no one in the public eye is immune from criticism.

Posted by: Jaker | Oct 27, 2013 3:13:28 PM

12. Ok, I have to admit to being a bit of a media whore myself when newspapers in Maine kept calling us for comments on our wedding and our thoughts about marriage. I took all the calls, submitted the photos to the paper, etc. But to have an over the top ceremony that someone else paid for and televised?? Not too interested in that. We had a beautiful wedding with no muss and no fuss. Glad that I don't have a TV!

Posted by: Seth | Oct 28, 2013 6:25:37 AM

13. There must be some other way for him to get publicity. If this is the attitude they take towards marriage, it won't last.

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 28, 2013 8:00:30 AM

14. Why are you giving these guys so much hate? I think televising the wedding is a great idea. If America sees more gay weddings, it could warm up to gay marriage. And of you had the chance for your wedding to be paid for by someone else, are you telling me you wouldn't take that offer? Very happy for the couple!

Posted by: J | Oct 28, 2013 10:35:00 AM

15. First of all, It is THEIR wedding. they can have it any way they want to. and if they want to have ALL their friends and family their, they should be allowed. Lance and Michael do have a Large group of friends. And A wedding is ONE Day. A Marriage is a lifetime. It should be memorable. Later on, it's a party to celebrate the couple. Are u saying people who have smaller weddings don't get divorces. And their are tons of weddings where hundreds of people attend. and Do You Know these two. Have u even taken the time. At least he a job. and he spends most of his time Doing charity work and he directed this commercial which was very beautiful by the way. he has a charity project which is going to be a tv show Picked up by Lifetime. And a show with Mark Burnett, I heard. He's a good human being, Most of you guys posting on this site are not. Focus on your own damn life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cassie | Nov 1, 2013 8:02:07 PM