Jimmy Fallon | Miley Cyrus | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Miley Cyrus Performs A Cappella Version Of 'We Can't Stop' With The Roots And Jimmy Fallon: VIDEO

Miley

Fresh off her parody of her song "We Can't Stop" on SNL this past weekend, Miley last night offered up an a cappella version which she performed with Jimmy Fallon on his late night show along with the help of The Roots.

Watch Miley nail the collaboration on the first take AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Miley Cyrus's reaction to Sinead O'Connor's quite reasonable open letter to her, indicates that Cyrus is a truly disgusting human being.

Making a mockery of someone for an illness is as bad as mocking someone for being gay.

Cyrus is vile.

Posted by: MaryM | Oct 9, 2013 11:09:41 AM

2. She sounds like a cat in pain.

Posted by: Betty Treacle | Oct 9, 2013 11:32:51 AM

3. It is halloween.

Posted by: Kev C | Oct 9, 2013 1:16:51 PM

4. This is wonderful. Love the song and this version.

Posted by: KMJ | Oct 9, 2013 2:07:17 PM

5. I dislike Fallon tremendously. His celebrity worship is sickening, just slobbering over everyone.

Posted by: MIke | Oct 9, 2013 2:51:03 PM

6. What has Miley ever done for gay people? Why is Andy promoting her ad nauseum?

Posted by: Adrenan P | Oct 9, 2013 3:00:39 PM

7. Nonsense, love her. Get a life and some talent, boys. And I don't mean drag.

Posted by: Malo | Oct 9, 2013 3:40:27 PM

8. I enjoyed this version. I think the song can be categorized as progay. I like that she has instigated a discussion about what is appropriate fare in relation to publicly sexualized performances. At least she's not claiming it was wardrobe failure or such bull. She just basically came out nude in an upfront way. I think the performance was inappropriate but maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to hear more discussion.

Posted by: Markt | Oct 9, 2013 4:20:30 PM

9. I love her voice and she is very talented. This song is not anything gay. Jeez.... you can make a gay connection to dryer sheets.

Posted by: Beebs | Oct 9, 2013 4:40:13 PM

10. ADRENEN P: What does she have to "do" for gay people? Is your life that closed? Gays only?

Posted by: Narrow | Oct 9, 2013 4:46:25 PM

11. @Adrenan P: In 2010, she expressed support for gay marriage. This was when she was still working for Disney, so her statement was viewed as inappropriate by some parents (the narrow-minded, homophobic ones).

A year later, she got a tiny tattoo of an equal sign and tweeted, "All LOVE is equal". When a follower responded with an anti-gay and religious sentiment, she countered by noting that the bible says only God can judge.

Feel free to hate Miley for her antics or public persona. You can also say she can't sing (even though this a capella performance proves she can). But, implying that Miley has done nothing for the LGB community is factually wrong.

She is a strong ally.

Posted by: alex | Oct 9, 2013 4:47:41 PM

12. MARYM

What did you expect would happen? If someone compares you to prostitute (whether true or not), would you go into defense mood or say "geeh thank you" ?

Posted by: johnosahon | Oct 9, 2013 6:28:38 PM

13. I think the lyrics are "we can love who we want." I think that's pro-gay. Also, she shouts out to her friend at one point because she is "dancing like she's in a straight club." I think that means she likes gay clubs. Why can't these sentiments be deemed pro-gay?

Posted by: Markt | Oct 9, 2013 9:07:44 PM

14. Or maybe it's "dancing like she's in a strip club." Not sure.

Posted by: Markt | Oct 9, 2013 9:35:08 PM

15. I like her well enough...as well as the song...but the song does come from such a stereotypical southern california perspective...this song is very LA. It would be nice to see her step outside the LA bubble with her music, lyrics, etc.

Posted by: steve | Oct 9, 2013 11:27:28 PM

16. I like this song, I liked Wrecking Ball even better (I just don't watch the video).

Posted by: Glenn | Oct 10, 2013 2:13:58 AM

17. She has been very outspoken about gay rights as well as calling out anti-gay companies like Target and Urban Outfitters. Do some research and maybe you wouldn't have to ask tiresome questions.

Posted by: Glenn | Oct 11, 2013 12:31:31 AM