New Hampshire | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

New Hampshire Congressional Seat - Democrat Incumbent Vs. Gay Republican: VIDEO

Dan Innis
This past Wednesday University of New Hampshire Dean of Business and Economics Dan Innis announced that he would be running for the congressional seat for the Republican party versus the incumbent Democrat, Carol Shea-Porter. Dan Innis also happens to be a gay man and makes mention of both his husband and their children in his announcement video. It's an encouraging sign of equality advancement when a gay man can be a viable Republican candidate without being completely disavowed by the howler monkeys on the right wing.

It's also a sign that doublespeak and falsehoods are not a monopoly owned by far right heterosexuals; Innis brings up how he was raised in a blue-collar family that learned the value of hard work and responsible financial management, but comes out pro big business and calls the Affordable Care Act a "disastrous takeover of health care that directly attacks families, small businesses, and seniors." He doesn't give specifics that could be fact-checked, but the small business claim is most likely of the three to be completely false from every angle.

So, gay or not, Dan Innis is still just another Republican. Dan's announcement video can be seen AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Gay republican = Black KKK member

Posted by: litper | Oct 12, 2013 7:26:31 PM

2. EYES ROLLING OUT OF MY HEAD!

Posted by: Critifur | Oct 12, 2013 7:30:59 PM

3. I'm sure the Victory Fund is already working on the press release annoucing their endorsement.

Posted by: KT84 | Oct 12, 2013 7:35:13 PM

4. Off Topic :

Please post the vid of the three Scottish guys and the stalking rabbit....it's hilarious.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 12, 2013 7:41:49 PM

5. I don't live in New Hampshire, but if I did and I was living in his district I would still NEVER vote for him regardless of his sexual orientation. He's a Quisling. I find Republicans to be loathsome creatures and I have developed a very deep visceral hatred for them. I didn't always feel this way, but since Reagan I have and I see little hope my feelings toward these evil people will improve.

Posted by: Bob R | Oct 12, 2013 7:54:38 PM

6. Ew.

Posted by: Jamie | Oct 12, 2013 7:59:27 PM

7. The smoke screen here is his title: Dean of business. I no longer think of Republicans as fiscal guardians--in the last 30 years they've proven they can't handle that kind of responsibility -- as Bob R mentioned, since Reagan. And as with anything that comes from Devil Worship (in this case Reagan) it all gets destroyed. All is short-term with huge risks and big recessions afterwards. There isn't any long-term growth for the average American without them losing everything once the crash-and-burn Republicans leave -- as Bush said, "I'll leave it to the next administration to clean up" If you want to have any money when you retire-- go with Democrats.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Oct 12, 2013 8:34:10 PM

8. Gay Republican is a misnomer.

Posted by: CB | Oct 12, 2013 8:49:06 PM

9. A gay Republiscum is still a Republiscum, and this person, who presumably gets health care from UNH for himself and his family, makes a point of his enthusiasm for depriving millions of gay and straight Americans, not as lucky as him, of access to decent health care.

There are already more than enough moral degenerates in Congress. Adding one who is openly gay is certainly nothing to be supported.

Posted by: EdA | Oct 12, 2013 8:51:26 PM

10. There was a time when the LGBT community would get behind any gay candidate regardless of their views. Fortunately, that era is long gone; as some of these comments prove. LGBT people are no longer a one-issue minority. That is a good thing.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Oct 12, 2013 8:54:27 PM

11. this had better one candidate the victory fund and hrc runs away from not walks. this country doesn't need another tea bagger gay or not.

Posted by: walter | Oct 12, 2013 9:16:43 PM

12. Rather than being an independent who is fiscally conservative, he aligns himself with the party that avows to make him, his gay brothers and sisters second-class citizens. The party that declares gays as abominations and that gay families are destructive to society. The party that insists on criminalizing gays for simply loving one another.

On the other hand, what are Carol-Shea Porter’s positions on gay rights ?

Posted by: AndyTowlette | Oct 12, 2013 9:20:34 PM

13. @ALEX PARRISH

Exactly right. I'd take a generic democrat over a gay republican any day based on the each party's platform and record. I would of course verify the dem candidates positions; trust and verify, as it were, but I'm going to assume he endorses the dem party platform since, you know, he's running as a democrat.

Posted by: ian | Oct 12, 2013 9:44:08 PM

14. Sorry,as long as the Republican Party has banning gay marriage as part of their platform,I will NOT vote for them,simple as that.

Posted by: Zack | Oct 12, 2013 10:00:19 PM

15. Alex, to answer your question, Carol Shea-Porter is a great ally of our community and, if this jerk somehow gets the Repug nomination, I hope she crushes him.

Posted by: Patric | Oct 12, 2013 10:22:38 PM

16. A clarification. This guy's not running against the Democratic incumbent, at least not yet. He's running in the primary against a much better-funded and much more well-known candidate, former U.S. Rep. Frank Guinta, who's trying to reclaim his seat against Shea-Porter. This guy's not likely to get much interest or support, so I wouldn't make too much of this. It's most likely just a trial run to start getting his name out there in Republican political circles.

Posted by: Kirk | Oct 12, 2013 10:23:40 PM

17. Lot of pissy queens here who can't accept the fact not all gays are sheep like them and will not be bullied into buying into their pie in the sky liberal bull crap!

Posted by: Lee | Oct 12, 2013 10:29:13 PM

18. My dad is a corporate CFO and a Conservative, which is the Canadian equivalent of the Republicans. So I know these people. Heck, I am one of these people.

You may not agree with everything they stand for, but at least they can control the borders. We don't need an invasion from el barrio del sur!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Oct 12, 2013 10:40:52 PM

19. Lee, Go watch videos of state assemblies debating when they vote on your rights. Hear and see what they have to say about you. You aren't deaf nor blind. Most videos are accessible on YouTube. There are nothing to “believe“ but the exact words that came out of their mouths.

Posted by: AndyTowlette | Oct 12, 2013 10:43:41 PM

20. Apparently no one is allowed to disagree with the Democratic Party without being called names. No diversity here folks.

Posted by: James Peron | Oct 12, 2013 11:08:43 PM

21. Sorry, Lee, you may be happy ingesting contaminated food and water, breathing poisoned air, and not being able to get medical treatment, but many other people do not.

You may not mind being able to find or keep a job because of your sexual orientation, but many other people do.

You may not mind getting swindled by banks or investment companies (although money and guns seem to be the only things that gay Republiscum seem to care about), but many other people do.

I can go on, but I don't think I have to. Of course, it may be that you're independently wealthy and don't have anybody meaningful in your life, so none of these issues, nor a great many more, mean anything to you. The fact that Prof. Innis can talk about his husband owes considerably less than nothing to the Granite State Republican Party, which fiercely opposed both marriage AND civil unions, says a lot about his moral values.

But those of us who happen to believe that all men are created equal and that the Constitution of the United States was established to create a more perfect union, to promote the general welfare, to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity are hardly being pissy in castigating someone who voluntarily chooses to associate himself with psychopaths and sociopaths.

Posted by: EdA | Oct 12, 2013 11:19:08 PM

22. He's right. Government mandated insurance is just a hand-out to a huge industry that has done nothing but jack-up the cost of health care and corrupt medicine.

People need to open their damn eyes. Look at all the new drugs that have come out, pushed by a corrupt medical-pharmaceutical industry and FDA that have maimed and killed thousands upon thousands of people. Look at the rampant fraud in medical science, the escalating cost of a system that obfuscates drugs just as soon as the patents run out and they become generics. A system that constantly pushes new, expensive, unproven, dangerous drugs and treatments at the expense of proven inexpensive treatments...

Both parties have been screwing us over for decades now, they all need to be dragged into the streets and hanged for what they've done to the health of all Americans !

Posted by: Jake | Oct 12, 2013 11:30:08 PM

23. gay republican? not interested.

Posted by: Reality | Oct 12, 2013 11:42:18 PM

24. I wouldn't vote for a gay Republican even if he was cute.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Oct 13, 2013 12:37:11 AM

25. Glad I read the comments to finally see there were some other conservative LGBT people out there, actually looking past one (albeit large) issue into many other political issues that dominate daily life.

I hope one day we can vote on the issues individually, not be forced to choose one party or the other. I do NOT agree with everything the Republicans and this candidate stands for, but I can certainly say that I do NOT agree with the Democrats either.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 13, 2013 2:12:39 AM