Barbra Streisand | Music | Music Video | News | Travel

BigGayDeal.com

Man Mends His Broken Heart by Singing Barbra Streisand All Over the World: VIDEO

Reynolds

Morgan Reynolds found a musical way to deal with a break-up:

After a sudden and disappointing end to my multiyear relationship, I found myself asking, "What would Barbra do?" With no budget and only the same suit, suitcase, and torch song blaring in my mind, I travelled to 20 locations in five countries and fought off tourists, pigeons, and a broken heart the only way I know how: the Streisand Way.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. There's no spark of real genius in any of his moves or facial expressions. There's no glimpse of authentic talent. If you watch Streisand you get a sense of internal emotions so strong they overflow into the external. She's internally invested in her material. She's authentically alive. There's nothing internal going on here. It's all surface and trumped-up energy.

Posted by: will | Oct 7, 2013 10:03:34 AM

2. I watched the whole thing. As Daphne Moon would say, I don't know why.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Oct 7, 2013 10:07:00 AM

3. What are the chances the sudden and disappointing end to his multiyear relationship was caused by narcissism?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Oct 7, 2013 10:12:08 AM

4. that was the gayest thing i've ever seen.

Posted by: woody | Oct 7, 2013 10:20:21 AM

5. I love "Don't Rain On My Parade" by Babs. While he's no Streisand in the singing department, he makes up for it in charisma and energy. The location shots in the background were great, Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower, etc.
    I assume this guy, Morgan Reynolds, is in show business, although I've never heard of him before. He's really got something there, that show biz persona.

Posted by: David From Canada | Oct 7, 2013 10:21:44 AM

6. No wonder he got dumped. I just dumped him too.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 7, 2013 10:22:10 AM

7. Well, he's very cute and certainly indefatigable, that's for sure.

Posted by: Dback | Oct 7, 2013 10:24:42 AM

8. This is adorable.

Is the first comment really a detailed analysis on how this guy isn't as talented as Barbra though? Seriously wtf is with some of the people who comment here? lol

Posted by: JMC | Oct 7, 2013 10:27:00 AM

9. At least get the goddam words right..

Posted by: me! | Oct 7, 2013 10:27:47 AM

10. What a bunch of crabby Monday morning queens!

I like that he managed to allude to the big helicopter shot pull-away at the finale that Barbra loves so much.

Now, go back to bed you guys!

Posted by: Pete N SFO | Oct 7, 2013 10:48:38 AM

11. "With no budget" he traveled to 20 locations in 5 countries? I wish I had no budget like that.

Posted by: Eric | Oct 7, 2013 10:50:16 AM

12. After a breakup, first thing I do is grab my filmographer to follow me around to capture all the tears and cheers. But it's not as pretty, all the crying in my beer and waking up in the morning rolling in the gutter. It's more "What would another drink do?" than "What would Streisand do?" To each his (or her) own.

Posted by: Mitch | Oct 7, 2013 10:55:29 AM

13. Gee my multiyear relationship ended and I had to max my credit cards for movers and security on a new apartment...and then I spent the next year living on rice and pasta to pay off the debt.

Posted by: QJ201 | Oct 7, 2013 11:14:15 AM

14. It helps to be a cruise ship performer and being paid to stop at all those locations!!! More like he wanted to do a video and used the excuse of a breakup to promote himself.

Posted by: Dave b | Oct 7, 2013 11:17:51 AM

15. Silly fun! And to all of you who haven't gotten out of your pajamas yet and decided to bash him - what sorry-ass thing have you done lately? Who cares why and how, he did it.

Posted by: Ray | Oct 7, 2013 11:28:17 AM

16. Don't know about the video but some of you are very funny and some not so funny. Always an interesting read.

@QJ201 I sincerely hope you're doing better.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 7, 2013 11:28:54 AM

17. Turned sound off, he is so freaking dreamy.

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 7, 2013 11:30:25 AM

18. Why all the negative comments? This video is fun stuff and took a lot of time, energy and talent. Remember this video was created for good reasons: like fun, expression of feelings and homage to FG and BJS. It also lets us know that the age of self expression via video is now golden and available to each of us to share with the world.

The 1968 film version was done on a huge budget and in a way this version is visually as well done. However a talent like Barbra Streisand only comes around once in a lifetime. The young man plays his part the best he can and he gets an A for effort but he is naturally not in Barbra's league.

Hey guys, its all in good clean creative fun. With so much trash on line and on TV whats wrong with some honor to a retro classic movie musical film while applying the essence of the message to your romantic situation.

Posted by: Max | Oct 7, 2013 11:32:01 AM

19. Didn't watch it, won't watch it. Why bother? The description and that picture tells me everything I need to know.

Assuming there's any authenticity to his backstory whatsoever (which I do not), remember the good old days of a couple years ago when one's life was simply lived rather than written, rehearsed and staged for a camera?

How did it take his ex years to realize he was a bad idea?

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Oct 7, 2013 11:33:44 AM

20. Understandable why the relationship ended.

Posted by: Gabe | Oct 7, 2013 11:36:04 AM

21. Barbra is the best, but this video is a good example of why you should never date an actor.

Posted by: Jeff | Oct 7, 2013 12:03:20 PM

22. Morgan, you ROCK for having fun around the world and making a great music video that makes me want to do one too. Big shoutout to my DCL peeps! And a big tentacle twist to all the negative ninnie-trolls in the comment section.
    Best,
    -Friend of Ursula

Posted by: Sierra | Oct 7, 2013 12:09:35 PM

23. life with a touch of whimsy is a life well lived :)

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Oct 7, 2013 12:10:53 PM

24. Geesh, why does everyone have to hate so much! This guy took a lot of his limited down time from him cruise ship job, to film something fun and lively. Yeah he had a break up, yeah he did this on no real budget, hows about people get a few facts before slamming someone?
    If the video is not your cup of tea, fine, everyone has different tastes and I hope you find something to brighten your day.
    For those who do enjoy it, and I am one, I say "Thanks Morgan for sharing your time and talents with the world! Hope you get over the breakup in short order, and keep your head held high, and your heart full of song."

Posted by: Vivs | Oct 7, 2013 12:18:26 PM

25. "...gee...i am a paid shrilling troll for the LCR- funded by Koch Money - because I love self-loathing...and the money's just too good to turn down...despite betraying all gays and lesbians with my constant anti-gay bullying is quite fun. It makes my GOP parents love me...like they loved Barbara til she supported all the queers..."

You trolls are disgusting. Take a hike.

Posted by: Mitchrickjasonblah-blah | Oct 7, 2013 12:20:37 PM