Lady Gaga | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga Performs 'Do What U Want' and 'Venus' on Graham Norton: VIDEO

Gaga

Lady Gaga brought her new tracks "Venus" and "Do What U Want" to The Graham Norton Show on Friday night.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Gaga also appears on the cover of Attitude magazine this month.

AttitudeShe told the magazine that the Gaga-Madonna feud that culminated with Madonna mocking her borrowing of "Express Yourself" culminated with Madge covering "Born This Way" during her concert was a shock:

“I have to be really honest, I was completely kind of floored that Madonna was singing my song on her stage every night! I mean, Madonna’s… she’s Madonna. I looked up to her for a long time. I’m not quite sure what her intention was – to do that in the show, but I don’t really care. I think playing into the gossip of the tabloids and, I guess the fodder of the competition, that’s just not what I’m about. She chooses to use her voice the way she chooses to use hers and I choose to use mine the way I use mine. All it meant to me was that Madonna Ciccone was singing my song on her stage and I’m 27. And as a punk-rocker from New York, I’ve basically been hoping that I would become so good that one day I would piss off Madonna!”

She also said she became addicted to marijuana after throwing her hip out:

“I was smoking 15 joints a day. It was a habit that eventually occurred when the pain got so bad with the hip. I was just numbing, numbing, numbing myself then sleeping it off, then getting on stage, killing it in pain, then getting off and smoking, smoking, smoking, not knowing what the pain was. F**k if I know what hurts the most, you know? I would break the habit and it would sneak back in and I would break it and sneak back in.”

Comments

1. Do what you want with my body? Can you EVER imagine Madge singing that? No. It kills the song for me. It's like singing rape me but don't think you'll win my affection. Is she serious.

It could be a bangin song but those lyrics make me wince.

GAGA needs help with the lyrical side. Any gay guys monitoring that?

Posted by: sundayboy | Nov 9, 2013 9:09:55 AM

2. Lady Gaga is as punk rock as Katy Perry.

Posted by: Knock | Nov 9, 2013 9:20:56 AM

3. @ SUNDAYBOY :

She explained on the show what the title meant.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 9, 2013 9:31:38 AM

4. She is such a phony. She'll be a footnote in rock history, kind of like Robin Thicke, the Vanilla Ice of the new millennium.
    And it REALLY pisses me off that she thinks she's some sort of "diva", as though saying you are one makes you one. Honey, my ball sack is a bigger diva than you are. And a better singer. You should hear its version of "Wrecking Ball".

Posted by: dommyluc | Nov 9, 2013 9:36:08 AM

5. I don't know why Andy Towle keeps giving Lady Gaga publicity. The articles are completely judgement-free. It's as if Andy just wants to publicize her and not criticize her at all.

Lady Gaga is going backward in my estimation, both as an artist and as a performer. She is deteriorating big time. Her vain attempt to appear as good as Madonna is lame-grade.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 9, 2013 9:38:31 AM

6. the new album is gooooood

Posted by: Reality | Nov 9, 2013 9:39:30 AM

7. I can also understand why Lady Gaga and her manager have split. She's unpredictable and unprofessional in my view.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 9, 2013 9:41:36 AM

8. @JIMB

Fool. Andy posts Gaga stories because they bring out the TROLLS, which generates web hits on the page for his advertisers.

Silly trolls, you're being played.

Posted by: QJ201 | Nov 9, 2013 9:48:27 AM

9. Why does this website keep giving Lady Gaga rimjobs?

Posted by: lick | Nov 9, 2013 9:49:48 AM

10. Lady Gaga made the shocking choice to collaborate with the horrible R Kelly and the homophobic TI. She has lost any credibility she's had. She has effectively lost a lot of her gay male fans.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 9, 2013 9:55:35 AM

11. "as a punk-rocker from New York"

That sound you hear is Debbie Harry laughing hysterically.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 9, 2013 9:56:41 AM

12. Please put GaGa in the Red Chair !!!

Posted by: mikeflower | Nov 9, 2013 10:02:16 AM

13. @qj201 just because you don't like lady gaga does not mean you're a troll.

Posted by: Jamie | Nov 9, 2013 10:26:20 AM

14. I actually thought the performance (referring to her vocals and look - not analyzing the lyrics) of Do What You Want was top notch Gaga, but Venus came across discombobulated and unprofessional. Venus seems like a canned, blase track, imho.

But GEEZ! The haters! If Gaga has set out to be polarizing with her new album, mission accomplished.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Nov 9, 2013 10:45:48 AM

15. All the hate she inspires is a testament to her popularity! Love it.

Posted by: Marlon Manroe | Nov 9, 2013 10:48:32 AM

16. "...and, I guess the fodder of the competition, that’s just not what I’m about."

Um, the way she sabotaged the marketing of Christina Aguilera's "Bionic" album begs to differ.

I really liked Gaga, but she's loosing me. And yes, her teaming up with R. Kelly, a child rapist??? It makes me think that her so called "convictions" are just hollow words she tries to capture a market. Actions speak louder.

Posted by: Kieran | Nov 9, 2013 10:51:39 AM

17. "Lost all her gay fans"
    "footnote in rock history . . like R. Thicke"
    "Unpredictable and unprofessional"

These comments are a joke. Gaga is on her 4th album, has a legion of fans, including a ton of gay men that aren't going anywhere. Why does Andy post? Because, unlike you delusional folks, he understands what the majority of his readers like. Also, its his damn site, and he can do what he wants :)

Posted by: Dave | Nov 9, 2013 11:04:01 AM

18. Popularity doesn't equal artistry or longevity.
    Did you hear that new David Cassidy album? No, I didn't think so.

Posted by: dommyluc | Nov 9, 2013 12:00:23 PM

19. OMG, didn't (couldn't, wouldn't) watch the Venus video, but I could swear the still image was that of Bette Midler during the "Clams on the Halfshell Revue". OK. That was like… 1975. I must have been but a wee thing. Bette blew Gaga out of the water even before Gaga was a mere whisp of some yet unconceived baby's future obsession. I do love the punk-rocker comment. Hahaha. Ha.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Nov 9, 2013 12:08:25 PM

20. "Footnotes" don't win 5 grammy awards within a span of five year. In my opinion ARTPOP is brilliant, bold, spastic, messy, beautiful, and unapologetic. Thank you haters for continuing to talk about her. Mission accomplished.

Posted by: any | Nov 9, 2013 12:48:40 PM

21. Your ALL traitors! I made really good music 4U! Azzwhipes!

Posted by: Lady Gaga | Nov 9, 2013 1:42:43 PM

22. I watched the entire show and she was the most annoying guest Ive ever seen on the GN show. Talked over everyone and constantly had to draw the attention to herself. Jude Law and the other dude were beyond annoyed with her by the end of the show.

Posted by: Lazycrockett | Nov 9, 2013 1:45:07 PM

23. Always the victim.

Posted by: Alex N | Nov 9, 2013 3:40:12 PM

24. @JAMIE

You are a troll if you post a negative comment on a story about someone you dislike. If you dislike her, skip reading it.

A troll wastes their time letting every else know "you suck" or some other insult.

But I was right, this page got lots of traffic from trolls wasting time posting insults.

Posted by: QJ201 | Nov 9, 2013 5:04:22 PM

25. The most disrespectful guest on a talk show I have ever seen.

Posted by: brion | Nov 9, 2013 9:18:23 PM