News | Oregon | Portland

Gay Man Survives Freak Lumber Accident, Hopes God Sends Him a Boyfriend: VIDEO

Comstock

A Portland, Oregon man is lucky to be alive after a freak car accident involving a shaft of lumber that pierced his vehicle.

Said Comstock: "I lived through something I shouldn’t have ... divine intervention is the only thing I can say because my hand shouldn't be attached, neither should my head...I told God, if he's going to save me from death from this and he doesn't send me a boyfriend, I'm going to call a party foul.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Lumber

Comments

1. Aww. Let's hope he doesn't have to call Party Foul ever.

Posted by: Kurt | Nov 26, 2013 12:14:36 PM

2. Good line Tom, and good for you. And good for KATU for letting him ask for a boyfriend on camera. That was charming.

Posted by: Uffda | Nov 26, 2013 12:15:32 PM

3. I like this guy.

Posted by: Joe Bua | Nov 26, 2013 12:21:41 PM

4. What a great sense of humor. I hope Tom finds somebody, or better yet, somebody finds him.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 26, 2013 12:21:43 PM

5. I volunteer

Posted by: homer | Nov 26, 2013 12:27:23 PM

6. He is a cutie and I hope he gets his wish. But I never understand why people credit "God" with saving them from an awful thing while "He" allowed an almost-as-awful thing to happen. (Praise Jesus, my trailer got flattened but my poodle survived!) Why didn't "God" just prevent the accident to begin with?

Posted by: DW | Nov 26, 2013 12:34:50 PM

7. Talk about serving up "Final Destination 2" realness...if there is a God, he should send this guy Tony Todd to be his boyfriend.

Posted by: Bear Aspirin | Nov 26, 2013 12:43:36 PM

8. handsome guy. if he can't find a boyfriend, there's no hope for the rest of us.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 26, 2013 1:11:57 PM

9. What's his email address.. I'll take him out..

Posted by: Randy | Nov 26, 2013 1:14:57 PM

10. Shave that gross beard and we'll talk. It's true I love white men best, but I just can't stand a heavy beard.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 26, 2013 1:28:34 PM

11. Gross! Lisping queen alert! Pathetic that a gay man stoops to believing in "God".

Posted by: MateoM | Nov 26, 2013 1:32:08 PM

12. @ Bear Aspirin

You slayed me with "'Final Destination 2' realness."

yas!

Posted by: Jem (truly outrageous) | Nov 26, 2013 1:34:45 PM

13. So it seems that Rick has posted under Derrick and MateoM's usernames. We all know that those posters would never actually say such terrible things. Only Rick and his aliases would. Transparent troll is transparent and so obvious. Get a life, Rick/Adam/Asam/Kev C. He hates being called out.

Posted by: Tyler | Nov 26, 2013 1:36:21 PM

14. God just saved his life and NOW he wants a boyfriend??

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 26, 2013 1:37:12 PM

15. This was a little homoerotic. He was "rear-ended" and it "shot a load of lumber in his back window". Couldn't help but giggle. Glad he's alright.

Posted by: AJ | Nov 26, 2013 1:47:17 PM

16. @ TYLER,

LOL, yes, that fool has gone crazy this afternoon. He claims he doesn't drink, but I think when Rick becomes David Hagatha Hearne--he does...a lot.

LOL @ "It's true I love white men best..."

Oh, really. Well, if you aint Senator Harry Reid you don't stand a chance with me, motha' f.cka'.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 26, 2013 1:52:49 PM

17. I live in Portland. I had to resort to FACEBOOK to find my husband. Thank goodness he wanted to leave his home state and move here. I see loads of perfectly nice guys who have a hard time (straight and gay) to find someone appropriate.

I really am hoping a great guy comes along.

Posted by: YSOSERIOUS | Nov 26, 2013 1:55:25 PM

18. Haha, awe this made me smile.

Posted by: Rafael | Nov 26, 2013 2:32:47 PM

19. His statement is so loopy I'm guessing he did receive a bump on the head after all. Hopefully he'll fully recover and not wait for divine intervention to get a boyfriend.

Posted by: anon | Nov 26, 2013 2:37:02 PM

20. I saw this on my local Boise, ID news where they showed his head and hand wounds. He missed death by an inch! They must have edited out the reference to his desire for a boyfriend. Too bad, he sounded nice and he is a handsome fellow. Just because one believes in God does not make one bad person, that was so MEAN!!

Posted by: gordon | Nov 26, 2013 3:48:38 PM

21. Oh my god so many wood jokes and no one is making them. Took on my wood than he could handle.

Posted by: Tonez | Nov 26, 2013 4:16:25 PM

22. i am SO MAD at Bear Aspirin for "'Final Destination 2' realness"!

LOLOL

I saw those movies ages ago (and loved 'em!) but I would never have been able to recall that. HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

Posted by: redball | Nov 26, 2013 4:28:19 PM

23. Just a short time ago, they would never have aired that line. That's a huge step forward, when you think about it.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Nov 26, 2013 5:08:43 PM

24. He is one lucky guy ( and yeah it's a scene from a "Final Destination" movie)

Posted by: jarago | Nov 26, 2013 5:33:44 PM

25. I wish him a long life full of love.

Posted by: fanboi | Nov 26, 2013 5:36:11 PM