Music | Music Video | News

'Full House' Actor is Now a Go-Go Boy with a Sexy Gay Music Video: WATCH

Mciver

Blake McIver who played Derek, Michelle's friend on Full House, is now all grown up and putting out romantic gay music videos.

Check out "Wish I Didn't Need You", AFTER THE JUMP...

He's also a go-go dancer. Said McIver to Inside Edition: "It's hard when you've been blessed to have success at a young age, and then you wake up at 18 and no one cares anymore...There's no shame to getting paid to dance around in your underwear."

2_mciver

Via Inside Edition:

3_mciver

Inside Edition:

Comments

1. You know guys, if you don't have anything nice to say, why not just keep it to yourselves?

Posted by: jay | Nov 19, 2013 2:54:07 PM

2. It's terrible. Super cringe-worthy. Reminds me of those friends we all have who think they are talented and no one actually tells them they suck. Just cringe.

Posted by: AJ | Nov 19, 2013 3:11:44 PM

3. I think he was pretty good! Best of luck to him.

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 19, 2013 3:27:47 PM

4. I never watched the show, so I have no idea who he is. His hair is a bit 'hair club' for men, don't you think. He is not all that. Nothing special.
    But who is the hot guy, playing the boyfriend. If he needs a place to crash, my place is available.

Posted by: Esteban | Nov 19, 2013 3:29:26 PM

5. Much like Chris Salvatore, getting by on the looks. Barely.

Posted by: Kipling | Nov 19, 2013 4:00:04 PM

6. He is actually quite a decent singer…it's just that his voice is not very pleasant sounding. Those are two separate issues.

His voice sounds better on the ballad bits, but the "chorus" is just disjointed. He needs better writers/producers (or, you know, some).

Does anyone honestly care that he's a go-go dancer? If I was his age with his body I'd walk down the street in briefs and neon high-tops every day. Power to him!

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER I | Nov 19, 2013 4:07:22 PM

7. Great hair.Song...not so great,but his boyfriend in the video was really cute.

Posted by: Mikah | Nov 19, 2013 4:07:42 PM

8. I guess this is news if you were once a big fan of Full House.

Posted by: anon | Nov 19, 2013 4:46:59 PM

9. as someone else mentioned: overgroomed, too self-aware, plastic looking. Basically, like a scary w. hollywood ken doll stereotype.

Posted by: donjuan | Nov 19, 2013 4:56:40 PM

10. In the words of Alyssa Milano on Melrose Place, "I am so embarrassed...for you". I couldn't make it past the 1:04 mark on the player.

Posted by: G McGinnis | Nov 19, 2013 5:37:18 PM

11. He is following his dream which is more than most people do- good luck

Posted by: jarago | Nov 19, 2013 5:50:08 PM

12. perfect voice for glee....lol. Hey if he's doing what he wants to do. Not my taste, but go you.

Posted by: NHBrooklyn | Nov 19, 2013 6:09:54 PM

13. I read through all the hateful comments before I watched the video, and thought everyone was trolling, or jealous, or being bitchy queens.

And then I watched the video, and...now I understand.

Look, I don't fault him for pursuing his interests. I don't care that he's a go-go dancer, or that he has a relatively high voice. I don't care that he looks like your typical weho pretty boy.

But that song...the lyrics, the arrangement, and the melody are just AWFUL. And he just doesn't sing well. He sounds off-key, and his voice is weak.

It takes guts to put yourself out there for everyone to judge. That said, I don't think that this effort is going to get him very far.

If you think I'm being unfair, let's compare Mr. McIver to Jay Brannan. Jay has a relatively high, soft voice. He's also openly gay, and not your typical "butch" guy. But Jay, in my opinion, is a much better singer. (He's also a million times hotter but that's personal preference.)

Posted by: atomic | Nov 19, 2013 6:20:35 PM

14. Anyone know where he dances? I'd go give him a few bucks. Good on him for trying what he wants to do.

Posted by: cam456 | Nov 19, 2013 6:36:05 PM

15. Reminds me of Sam Harris.

Posted by: Bob | Nov 19, 2013 6:43:17 PM

16. I like him and wish him great success in life.

Posted by: John Simpson | Nov 19, 2013 8:10:12 PM

17. Sexy to whom? Mr. Herbert?

Posted by: Rotundra | Nov 19, 2013 9:47:51 PM

18. All these catty queens need to chill, Let Blake do Blake and y'all just go do y'all.

Posted by: Ryon | Nov 20, 2013 2:20:24 AM

19. The singing is good, and he looks great.

But the mix is really, really bad. Why is his voice echoing? Why couldn't they match the instruments so they show off his voice instead of competing with it? :(

Posted by: Randy | Nov 20, 2013 2:39:23 AM

20. This story of a child actor becoming a Go-Go boy becoming a singer is like eating a cupcake from Crumbs. Looks pretty through the glass case but one bite and you realize it isn't worth the calories.

Posted by: JAMES B. | Nov 20, 2013 6:16:07 AM

21. Guys he's doing internet FISHLIPS and he's wearing a mesh shirt.

Where are the STANDARDS?

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 20, 2013 8:59:42 AM

22. My but the jealous, do-nothing-with-their-lives, bitchy queens are out in force today. Hey, boys! The guy's doing something with his life, unapologetically. Get over it.

And, good for you, Blake. I hope you find your bliss.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 20, 2013 9:56:47 AM

23. @Lars: some go-go dancers are students making some extra income. Think about it - you work hard all week studying and going to class, and you kind of need a few hours per week to unwind. So, you land a gig as a go-go boy for Saturday nights, spend the night out, and get paid for it.

This guy claimed he used what he made to fund what he really wanted to do. I wouldn't say someone doing that had few "career options" but rather that they were doing it to raise capital to start a career. If you think about it, this is as respectable as making sales pitches to vulture capitalists, I mean, venture capitalists.

Posted by: Bill | Nov 21, 2013 5:56:35 PM

24. Yuck! I couldn't do more than 30 seconds.
    Sorry dude, I don't want to be a internet bully, but that was really...uh...not good.
    Also, I agree with the over-grooming comments. Who wants to date a Ken doll??
    I'm tired of all the over-grooming men seem to do anymore, gay or str8, men or women.
    I'm dumbfounded by the horrible, expressionless, and plastic way botox makes people look, and even worse is the "caricature of themselves" look that nearly all seem to have after plastic surgery. It really does not make them look better...just strange.

Posted by: John | Nov 27, 2013 3:29:05 PM

25. I remember Blake from his role as Waldo from the Little Rascals movie. Glad to hear he is back in the spotlight, he's incredibly sexy and can still sing in my opinion. Plus, I like the fact that his song was a nice 90's style ballad, as opposed to a highly synthesized techno song which I've seen most out artists do, much power to him for following the Steve Grand and Eli Lieb path as opposed to the Chris Salvatore and Sean Ensign path.

Posted by: Justin Simpson | Nov 30, 2013 6:05:19 PM