Christmas | Kmart | News | One Million Moms

BigGayDeal.com

One Million Moms Can't Handle the Hot Stud Ball-Ringing in the Kmart 'Jingle Bells' Ad

Kmart

Kmart has incurred the wrath of One Million Moms with its sexy ad in which six studs play 'Jingle Bells' with their balls.

Writes the group:

Kmart (Sears Brands, LLC) has a new commercial that is not only offensive - but this once family department store has made a deliberate decision to produce controversial advertisements instead of wholesome ones. This is a terrible plan on Kmart's part, especially at this time of year!

The title of the current ad is "Show Your Joe," and Kmart includes sexual content during a Christmas hand bell choir performance. The commercial focuses on several men wearing Joe Boxer underwear thrusting in a sexualized way to the tune of Jingle Bells. They start gyrating and shaking themselves instead of the hand bells, intending to make their "bells" ring in song - which is highly inappropriate.

Normally, we do not provide a link since One Million Moms does not want to contribute to this filth being spread around even more, but we made an exception this time to show how ridiculous and disgusting this ad really is.

One Million Moms has called on its followers to attack Kmart on Facebook and Twitter @kmart, so if you'd like to do the opposite, feel free.

Watch the ad HERE if you missed it.

Comments

1. This "controversy" shows just how delusional "11 Moms" is. The ad shows no "sexualized thrusting" -- the men move their hips sideways, like hula dancers. A cute, fun ad. An extremist and hysterical response by an ultra-conservative organization.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Nov 19, 2013 3:57:49 PM

2. And just like that, "One Million Sticky Fingers" was born.

Posted by: Scott Hutcheson | Nov 19, 2013 4:00:50 PM

3. If your policy is not to show the link, you don't show the link! Now I'm wondering if OMM is just a spoof. I happen to think the ad is fabulous. It mocks materialism and reflects a Victoria's Secret society. Plus, the men are hot! Way to go, K-Mart. Extra points for mentioning Christmas and taking away the "War on Christmas" mantra.

Posted by: ArchiLaw | Nov 19, 2013 4:02:17 PM

4. "Look at this filth! I mean, just look at it! Six well built shaking their... bells like that! On television! WHERE CHILDREN CAN SEE THEM! I am shocked! SHOCKED, I say! Let's watch it again and see if it is still filth...."

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Nov 19, 2013 4:15:26 PM

5. I personally think it's in poor taste, but I also think OMM is fake. Also, I admit I'm sort of a prude but I would never waste time "protesting" something I find offensive, I would just roll my eyes and pay attention to something I don't find offensive. OMM does nothing but bring more publicity to whatever they are "protesting". I think it's an undercover ad company.

Posted by: AJ | Nov 19, 2013 4:15:31 PM

6. lol, I absolutely love this commercial and yes, I do agree it is a little racy for TV, but I do NOT agree with 1000 moms.............

Posted by: Bernie | Nov 19, 2013 4:18:03 PM

7. If you need a laugh, read through some of the comments at One Million Moms' facebook page. Those grannies haven't been laid in decades.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 19, 2013 4:25:48 PM

8. The latest published membership count for OMM is less than 30,000 so I believe their name is highly inappropriate.

As for the ad...?

Cute, funny, not really sexual at all.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Nov 19, 2013 4:26:54 PM

9. Get over ti you fascist anti-freedom censor whores. IT'S A COMMERCIAL FOR UNDERWEAR!!!!!

Happy holidays!!!

Posted by: Sean | Nov 19, 2013 4:36:23 PM

10. I dont think it is offensive but it is kind of tacky - I think they could have done something more clever.

Posted by: donjuan | Nov 19, 2013 4:43:03 PM

11. I love their descriptions of these things. And I think Kmart are definitely using OMM as a sort of viral marketing tool now.

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 19, 2013 5:24:10 PM

12. Words normal people do not use about sexual things.

RAUNCHY

STEAMY

RACY

These are words that simply reek of prurience. Prurience is when you take a secret dirty interest in something whilst pretending to disapprove of it.

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 19, 2013 5:26:08 PM

13. Words normal people do not use about sexual things.

RAUNCHY

STEAMY

RACY

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 19, 2013 5:26:10 PM

14. Dear God! They're the Prude Police! Get a LIFE!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Nov 19, 2013 5:27:55 PM

15. Those 10 Moms sure make my spirits bright ~ they're a hoot!

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 19, 2013 5:50:30 PM

16. I thought they said there was thrusting. It's an underwear ad for men. Men have penis's that shake around when you wear boxers. What's the big deal? That was probably the least sexual way they could have done an underwear ad. Oh ladies we have to watch awkward commercials about tampons and maxi pads all the time get over it.

Posted by: NHBrooklyn | Nov 19, 2013 6:06:46 PM

17. This was so utterly predictable. Kmart will run the ad for a couple more days, more people will complain, and they'll pull it while having attracted more publicity than they ever would have otherwise. It was probably an idea pushed by Joe Boxer, which has always been a slightly "edgy" company. And most Joe Boxer fans probably don't associate it with Kmart, so now Joe Boxer has made Kmart hip.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2013 7:26:57 PM

18. I have yet to even see it as a commercial on TV, I've only seen it on YouTube (and KLG and Hoda, where they loved it). Kmart is getting all the viral response they wanted and more. Congrats to their advertising department! And I'm sure they thank OMMs for continuing the talk about it.

Posted by: Craig | Nov 19, 2013 7:33:24 PM

19. @PAUL R - apparently you never saw Kmart's "I shipped my pants" or "Big Gas Savings" commercials. Kmart has been pretty edgy on it's own without Joe Boxer's influence.

Posted by: Craig | Nov 19, 2013 7:36:59 PM

20. @PAUL R - forgot to mention that Joe Boxer is sold exclusively at Sears/Kmart these days.

Posted by: Craig | Nov 19, 2013 7:40:22 PM

21. Called it on the original post.

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Nov 19, 2013 7:51:16 PM

22. It boggles the mind that thirty thousand people could be so clueless, unsatisfied hausfraus notwithstanding.

Posted by: FFS | Nov 20, 2013 12:22:15 AM

23. They can't handle it? Good. All the more for me.

Posted by: millerbeach | Nov 20, 2013 2:06:47 AM

24. bake cakes one million (nada) moms
    or how about shaking your own bells now and then
    what a tacky stupid group, one million I sincerely doubt

Posted by: L Goethe | Nov 20, 2013 4:35:12 AM

25. Will someone PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Posted by: scottyc | Nov 20, 2013 8:05:05 AM