Aviation | Lady Gaga | News

Lady Gaga Reveals She's the 'Wright Brothers' of Fashion with New 'Flying Dress': VIDEO

5_gaga

Lady Gaga demonstrated 'Volantis', the world's first flying dress, at the launch of her album ARTPOP last night in Brooklyn.

Behold as a pioneer in fashion aviation makes history, AFTER THE JUMP...

MTV News reports:

"Volantis is essentially a vehicle," Gaga told the crowd at the ARTRAVE of the dress, which is essentially a hovercraft-type vehicle/with a curvy, female silhouette serving as the body piece.

Gaga worked with engineer Benjamin and designer Nancy to create the fiber optic dress, which she later explained is symbolic for her. "I wanted to make today about something even more important to me. And what that something is the youth of the world. Benjamin and Nancy are here with me today. Their minds are just so boundless. They are so inspiring. Although she is a vehicle, she is essentially a metaphor for me," she said of Volantis. "I will be a vehicle today for their voices... Youth all over the world."

6_gaga

Comments

1. After everything, it took this long, but it's official: she annoys the Hell out of me.

Go away, and take Miley with you.

Posted by: tranquilo | Nov 11, 2013 8:58:27 AM

2. I'd have paid good money to see her sucked up into those propellers.

Posted by: Quicksilver | Nov 11, 2013 9:22:32 AM

3. Oh wow it's so cool that you made it EXACTLY LIKE THE FACTORY VERSIONS OF THOSE. How in the hell can she claim design here?

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 11, 2013 9:31:20 AM

4. May we hope it will take her on a one-way trip?

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 11, 2013 9:32:40 AM

5. The hate she gets is kinda stupid.
    She may do some ridiculous things, and have questionable talent, but at least she's above sex scandals and cheap personal drama to get attention.

Posted by: Mellotron | Nov 11, 2013 9:36:23 AM

6. I don't hate her, I'm just waiting for her to make good music again.

Posted by: Turner | Nov 11, 2013 10:26:02 AM

7. Well she needs to get paid somehow

Posted by: Not that Rob | Nov 11, 2013 12:36:47 PM

8. Why are people so rude? This current album is definitely not as good as the others, but just let her be.

Posted by: Ty | Nov 11, 2013 1:06:58 PM

9. Is the quote a real one? Because the syntax is just terrible, and it kind of doesn't make all that much sense. Also, I have a hard time understanding why this is a "dress", as it is obviously a vehicle that happens to have a non-naked person inside it. Not terribly original, but I guess she has to keep pushing the envelope somehow.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Nov 11, 2013 1:06:58 PM

10. BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: Marcus | Nov 11, 2013 1:12:32 PM

11. Stephanie, get over yourself.

Posted by: luminum | Nov 11, 2013 1:49:25 PM

12. How really stupid.

Posted by: Goodcarver | Nov 11, 2013 3:12:04 PM

13. Hopefully, she'll get decapitated. She's so pretentious that her head will be happy to escape.

Posted by: Gry | Nov 11, 2013 4:02:33 PM

14. I actually think as a whole her new album is so much better than "Born This Way" and is a great EDM party album, which is what she should be doing. All the people saying she's too "over the top" -- ok, it's Lady Gaga, I don't want her strumming a guitar and going all acoustic. And if you don't like her music, that's fine too. And if you don't like the crazy outfits and flying dresses, you probably never liked her to begin with so she certainly doesn't need you.

Posted by: Jollysocks | Nov 11, 2013 5:20:40 PM

15. +1 Jollysocks.

And the person who said she "may" have "questionable talent" has no f.cking clue about the vocal chops Gaga brings to the table. Even her haters acknowledge that the b.tch can blow--just look up the duet she did with Tony Bennett; that one always shuts the haters up GOOD!, even though personally that song is not at ALL the type of music I enjoy.

Posted by: redball | Nov 11, 2013 7:40:20 PM

16. It took me years to get past the detractors and give her a chance, and I'm glad I did.

Posted by: Mousie | Nov 11, 2013 8:08:30 PM