Film

BigGayDeal.com

Caesar's Ape Revolution Continues in the New 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Trailer: WATCH

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 11.23.10 AM

The debut trailer for the sequel to the 2011 smash hit Rise of the Planet of the Apes has arrived online and promises to bring more of that epic warfare with our evolutionary cousins to the table.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is scheduled for release on July 11, 2014 and stars Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Keri Russell, and Andy Serkis.

Comments

1. Yawn!

Same old tired stuff from Hollywood. Remember when they used to make original movies? It must be too hard for today's crop of hacks.

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Dec 18, 2013 3:02:06 PM

2. Is James Franco going to be in this sequel? I didn't see him in the clip. He was in the original.
    I have a pet cat named Caesar, but in so far as I know, he is not leading a revolution against mankind. His sister's name is Cleopatra. She's also fairly unarmed and not dangerous. I'll keep an eye on them.

Posted by: David From Canada | Dec 18, 2013 3:48:59 PM

3. Looks great! Dumb humans

Posted by: Aloha | Dec 18, 2013 8:59:27 PM

4. Watch this trailer stoned. It's fantastic!

Posted by: Bravo | Dec 18, 2013 11:07:48 PM

5. I have been a fan of the entire Apes saga since I was a kid. I was THRILLED when they made the last sequel, especially when it was actually pretty good. I saw the film three times in the first 48 hours and I will be there on opening day in July to see it in 3D. Stop with the negativity and save your yawns for the cookie-cutter "bored" responses people like you spew on these comment boards. THAT we ALL must be truly tired of. You don't like it? Don't watch it! Bring on more Apes sequels!

Posted by: Macguffin54 | Dec 18, 2013 11:19:05 PM

6. Btw- Franco is not (reported) to be in this movie. But Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Keri Russell, Andy Serkis and the yummy Enrique Murciano (as of the last casting update, anyway) from that show Without a Trace, are in it.

Posted by: Macguffin54 | Dec 19, 2013 12:11:29 AM

7. I agree with MACGUFFIN54: Loved the APE movies as a kid. Loved the last Remake. Hated the Tim Burton remake. And can't believe people don't have better things to do than spew negativity on these comment boards. You'll be happier if you just stay away from the things that displease you. And so will everyone else.

Posted by: Joe De Hoyos | Dec 19, 2013 3:17:53 AM