‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Phil Robertson Blasts Homosexual ‘Sinners’ Who are Going to Hell Like Terrorists

Robertson

Phil Robertson, the star of A&E's massive reality hit Duck Dynasty, has made some outrageous remarks in a new interview in GQ.

From the profile:

What does repentance entail? Well, in Robertson’s worldview, America was a country founded upon Christian values (Thou shalt not kill, etc.), and he believes that the gradual removal of Christian symbolism from public spaces has diluted those founding principles. (He and Si take turns going on about why the Ten Commandments ought to be displayed outside courthouses.) He sees the popularity of Duck Dynasty as a small corrective to all that we have lost.

What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bstiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

During Phil’s darkest days, in the early 1970s, he had to flee the state of Arkansas after he badly beat up a bar owner and the guy’s wife. Kay Robertson persuaded the bar owner not to press charges in exchange for most of the Robertsons’ life savings. (“A hefty price,” he notes in his memoir.) I ask Phil if he ever repented for that, as he wants America to repent—if he ever tracked down the bar owner and his wife to apologize for the assault. He shakes his head.

“I didn’t dredge anything back up. I just put it behind me.”

As far as Phil is concerned, he was literally born again. Old Phil—the guy with the booze and the pills—died a long time ago, and New Phil sees no need to apologize for him: “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Adds Robertson:

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

GLAAD has condemned the remarks and says it has reached out to A&E:

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans – and Americans – who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Duck Dynasty is now a $400 million brand it has become so successful.

Comments

1. AJ says

Such a sad stereotype. And A&E cancelled “Intervention” for this? I have never understood the popularity of these redneck shows. I have had so many people talk about how great and loving the guys on this show are and what wonderful people they are. Mmhmm.

2. Mike says

I never understood what drew people to this show, and now there is a good reason to just change the channel and walk away and tell your friends that like this show to do the same. That is the biggest statement you can make.

3. JoyZeeBoy says

In re the beat up bartender and life-savings story…

In other words, actions DO have consequences… just as long as the Christian GETS TO DETERMINE what those consequences are, i.e. hand over the cash and then forget about it. After all, he don’t “dredge up the past”.

4. AJ says

It’s so unfortunate to see people perpetuate negative stereotypes of any kind. I can’t wait to see A&E scramble to cover this up. They are going to lose a ton of sponsors.

5. terry says

not only do I not watch ignorance I have little respect for anyone who does. Theres a reason I’m an atheist…I can reason. this fool is just a parrot who probably still thinks there’s a Santa. to hell with reason they have a 2000 yr old mindset from a book they never read.

6. gregory brown says

Promoting the fundie Restorationist Agenda (to bring America under theocratic Christian Rule and implement Hebrew Levitical version of sharia) involves ensnaring people through vulgar pop cult entertainment, then using that as a platform for indoctrination.

7. Vince says

I don’t get this America was founded on Christian values stuff. How was slavery and genocide reflective of Christian values? I think the thousands of Native Americans who died walking the Trail of Tears would disagree about being treated the kindness of Christian love.

Jeez, the man can’t even accept responsibility for his past actions. Instead, he pretends that another person committed those ‘sins.’ What a hypocrite. Real Christians accept responsibility for their actions and ask for forgiveness.

What a chucklehead.

8. Hey Darlin' says

Another mindless drone who’s been inducted into the ideology that one religion shall rule over them all.

There’s nothing worse than a hypocrite when it comes to judgment and punishment, even invoking religion to sell your lie – to yourself. It’s unfortunate that in his eyes the lord will forget HIS indiscretions but remember everyone else’s. I guess someone had to be above reproach.

How great that a tv show based on a fabricated version of his life would be the answer to the problem he’s dreamed up for America.

9. Mike says

Once again the Towleroad tip line is NOT working and I must regrettably post here something COMPLETELY off topic! (Does Andy and company even want tips?) At any rate my sincere apologies! The Russian government has announced a Russian amnesty declared for both some if not all members of both “Pussy Riot” and Greenpeace. Most likely this is an effort to clean up their own dismal human rights record possibly in time for the already compromised Olympics.

10. mike/ says

someone needs to make it clear to yahoos like this that “America was a country founded upon Christian values (Thou shalt not kill, etc.), ” is really not true re the “Founding Fathers” they so revere.

also, neither were their 10 Commandments. as a matter of fact, almost every one of them (near verbatim) were found in an Egyptian tomb some 300-500 years BEFORE Moses went up that hill & collected two stones. with one of which he himself broke ALL 10 of the commandments smashing them to the ground (a little metaphor here)…

11. Mikey says

I remember making a reality series for A&E a couple of years back. I wanted to cast a transexual character in an episode and was bluntly told ‘we can’t have a tranny on the show’. Not too surprised by this.

12. q says

illiteratefairytalebelievingmoronsayswhat?

Obviously A&E owners are thinking ahead of time; They’ll not only propagate the Homophobia, but when it reaches a critical mass A&E will happily broadcast all those Russian-made Furnaces being festively lit and used, all in the name of ‘god.’

If anyone doesn’t understand the importance of ‘Hobby-Lobby’s Court case – That Corporations can have a Religion – A&E’s Behavior here is a perfect example of that.

NOTE: What should also be of concern is Focus On The Family’s “Irreplaceble” anti-Gay Live Theater Event coming this May 6th, 2014 at ‘Theaters Everywhere’ which is an Anti-Gay Propaganda Hit Piece starring all of our Favorite ‘Scholarly Homophobes’ being presented as…sensible, enagaging and….authoritative.

If you do not know about this, learn about it. Boycott the theaters playing it, call theaters and press them to cancel the event.

This is the same kind of ‘Movie’ the Evangelicals showed on makeshift Movie Screens hanging off the back of Army Trucks in poor villages throughout Africa and Eastern Europe that is the cause of so much violence and rhetoric against LGBTs.

And now they think they have ground the average American into the ground, Financially and Politically that Americans are sooooo stoopid enough to believe and follow FOTF’s hatred…to it’s natural conclusion.

Remember the event and tell a friend: ‘Focus on the Family’s Irreplaceable’

…homophobic religious lies on the Big Screen. Brought to you by the MPAA, your local Theatrical Distributor, and those people who just hate you so much they’re willing to force lies down other people’s throats to do away with us.

13. first time caller says

I guess we are now paraphrasing the bible.

King James Bible Corinthians 6:9-10:
    “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves . . . shall inherit the kingdom of God.”

and “effeminate” was mistranslated from the Greek original “malakoi” meaning soft. Corinthians also talks about lawsuits and those who take disputes to an earthly court and not the lord also bypass the Kingdom of God. I guess he should loose his lawyers then if he wants to do the bible’s bidding.

14. Derrick from Philly says

Oh, I think he’s simply adorable.

If I wanted to be strangled and stabbed to death, then raped after I’m dead (AFTER I’M DEAD, mind you), then cut into pieces and boiled and eaten (after saying a proper grace in homage to Jeffrey Dahmer)–he’d be the one I’d want to do it.

Simply adorable.

15. disgusted american says

I went to his facebook page and sent this:

..dude- YOU AINT Any better then anyone else ok – if anything – you look like a SLOB,and unclean…..and just cause you pound muff and eat it – doesn’t make you any better then anyone esle..Mmmmmmmkayyyyyyyy…IF anything – you appeal more to the Lowest common denominator / white racist trash in this society…….now- IF you don’t want others judging you…DON’T Judge others.

16. says

These “Ducks” are an extremely wealthy family who have created this fictional populist/fundamentalist television persona strictly for the $$$. Don’t get sucked into believing or responding to anything they say. It only helps their ratings (which is what they want).

17. ToddB says

Uh the last time a hillbilly made any sense was when, & the last time we ever listened to one was when??? Rich or not- still a hillbilly, still trash, still uneducated & still ignorant and always will be…….

18. Leroy Laflamme says

Waitaminnit! Didn’t this turd-in-camoflage go on Ellen to publicise his show? I seem to recall, he was teaching her to make duck calls or something, & I thought, oh dear, how low can she be prepared to stoop … I guess it’s okay to use homosexuals some of the time. That’s probably in the Bible somewhere.

19. AG says

Why in the world would GQ magazine interview someone of this ilk?

I’ve never been impressed by GQ when I have given it a quick occasional perusal at the newsstand, but I didn’t realize it was this bad.

20. Scott says

This is sad. Becuz yes, they do portray themselves a certain way and kno who they market themselves to- but they weren’t necessarily always living this kind of life. There’s quite a few pics of the sons several years ago or so, beardless and having highlights in their hair, and one of the families has adopted a biracial kid. It seemed they had shied away from making too controversial religious statements, and I held out hope that while not necessarily very pro-gay or welcoming, they might not be as rabidly anti-gay as their target demographic is.

And that hope was wrong. :sigh: ah wells. This is a very very popular show and I wouldn’t suggest that GLAAD go too far or anyone else- people love this sh*t- esp. in the south. And we don’t want another Chick-Fil-A on our hands. So for th activists and “professional gays-” don’t hurt us- the people on the ground by picking a losing fight. Let your statement suffice and don’t make any fuss about boycotting. It’ll only hurt.

21. Burt says

It’s not surprising that facts are inconvenient to his personal world view, and that he practices a pick-and-choose ‘christianity’. Lord love a duck!

I watched exactly one episode, or I should say part of one episode, and that was more than enough for me.

22. Rad says

I was wondering how long it was going to take for the other shoe to fall. I had them pegged from day 1.

This is just another example of white trash being promoted as wholesome. All they are is white trash, period.

All I ask, Dear God, is that their moment of fame ends. Soon.

But considering the the evolution of cable reality TV, I only fear what multiple of crap will be forced over the airwaves once they depart.

23. Malan says

Could you please remove the social media buttons to the left of the screen? It obscures the text in the articles.

Oh, and about the abovementioned article: despicable disgrace of a person. I really hate people like this. It makes my blood boil.

24. johnny says

This show typifies what I see as an increasing trend of showing the worst examples of rural people:

Duck Dynasty
    Honey Boo Boo
    Moonshiners
    Swamp People
    Pit Bulls and Parolees
    Backyard Oil

These reality shows all basically celebrate rural and/or backwoods people. The sad thing is that the producers are manipulating, extorting and exploiting these people and making far more money than they are paying them.

Robertson is simply a pawn and a tool in every sense of the word.

As well, the people chosen do not truly exemplify the type of people I’ve met (at least) in my rural area. Remember, they are going for the most outrageous “good TV” types that they can find. The more redneck, the better.

To be honest, the people I’ve met locally are far more accepting of me than many of the suburban types I’ve had the displeasure of living next to in previous decades, so please don’t paint all rural people with the same brush. There’s redneck and there’s country and many times country people are simply – like me – those who chose to move away from the city.

25. Robert says

JOHNNY, I admit to only watching a couple of episodes of Pitbulls and Paroles, but from what I can tell, it seems to have a mostly positive message. Pitbulls don’t deserved to be judged for being pitbulls, and people deserve a second chance.

I also really don’t see anything wrong with Swamp People, but then again, I’ve only seen a couple of episodes.

26. says

@Johnny-These “Ducks” are not real hillbillies or hicks. They were multi-millionaires before they even dreamed up and marketed this show. It’s all a sham and a very lucrative one, at that.

27. woodroad34 says

I was just on Yahoo and read their story penned by Elizabeth Durand Streisand and the convoluted replies about “liberals being intolerant” and some woman lambasting gays for pointing fingers and which will cause “three fingers to be pointed back”…who started the finger pointing in the first place? And then the reasoning that this is just an opinion…but when gays give an opposite opinion like now, the red-necks, faux Christians (or whatever they are, since they rely so heavily on the Jewish Old Testament for their hate), and mouth breathers bomb us with inanity, bad reasoning, and heterosexism (’cause they can’t understand why someone would enjoy “an anus over a vagina”), is just plain stupid. They think we’re too “sensitive”–why shouldn’t we be when Christians try to keep our rights under their heels based on a heterosexist belief and view of the world and they allow us to be killed, beaten up, maimed. These are the people who are really ruining the world with their animalistic venality, not us. They should be so lucky to be as advanced societally and intellectually.

28. EchtKultig says

It’s funny, in a way, that this is even a story…when this country almost (in the grand scheme of things) elected Mitt Romney president, who ernestly believes the same thing in his heart. (If the republicans had run someone who was a less thoroughly odious candidate, they might well have won in 2012)

It would be surprising if an 60-something redneck hick from the deep south thought any differently on the issue. This is about as dumb a demographic as you can find in this country.

29. NotSafeForWork says

If you haven’t been in a Walmart lately, you would be surprised to see the vast amount of Duck Dynasty themed merchandise. So send your complaint emails to A&E with a cc: to Walmart.

30. anon says

As others here have pointed out, the show is mostly a “branding” exercise for their products. They get around the classic Cajun stereotypes by using a lot of dry, sardonic humor. Otherwise, they are millionaires with a large international business trying to emulate their most enthusiastic customers in front of the cameras. You can tell from the cars, trucks, houses, wives and kids that it’s all an act, but most revealing was the photo of the brothers in the late teens and early twenties. Polo T-Shirts and golf shorts, with very preppy hair and demeanor. Essentially, the middle generation brothers that now run the show were raised rich and were totally immersed in that world for decades before the show came on, then someone got the bright idea to grow beards and wear camo all the time.

31. Derrick from Philly says

@ PERRY,

thanks for the real story on these performers.

I guess I won’t be murdered, raped (raped after death, mind you), boiled and eaten afterall. The duck dynasty is a bunch of millionaires who kill ducks.

32. NotSafeForWork says

@Johnny

The shows you reference haven’t featured any virulent anti-gay expressions either on or off camera. In fact, Honey Boo Boo featured several episodes with a gay story line and supportive dialogue. Living in the South, I have met many people exactly like this. These aren’t exactly caricatures.

Just because these folks are rednecks doesn’t mean they aren’t (or can’t be) allies. You may want to elevate yourself above the rednecks so you aren’t confused with them, but the reality is we need their support too.

33. Mark says

seriously. Who cares what some red neck says about us? He is an ignorant, thoughtless idiot who, for some reason, has a following on trash TV. But what he thinks about ANYTHING? Why would I waste my time worrying about that?

34. Christian says

I’m sorry you all feel this way, but what can I expect from a clueless nation of lost people.
    We will continue to pray for you as is our calling to do so.
    Thank you Phil and the Robertsons for standing up for what you believe in and not backing down to public pressure of unmoralism.

35. NotSafeForWork says

@Christian

Please be sure to thoroughly chew your food and please don’t pray with your mouth full. It would be a shame for you to meet Jesus prematurely by choking on a Chik-Fil-A waffle fry.

36. says

They’re just pandering to the rednecks and Hoveround-bound idiots that practically live in Wal-Mart.

Before the show, they were all clean-shaven and preppier than a country club at Martha’s Vineyard. This whole “roadies for ZZ Top” look is as fake as their show. It’s all a facade to market crap to inbred hicks.

37. JohnAGJ says

Ok. So what? Somewhere in this world there are folks who believe that he and all of us are likewise going to burn forever because we aren’t part of their special group and believe as they do. He’s free to believe what he likes about my eternal destiny, just get the hell out the way of my rights on this earth.

38. Master of the Obvious says

At least the comments here help prove why Duck Dynasty is so popular = stupid liberals need to endlessly tell themselves how morally and culturally superior they are. DD is ideal for that.

39. 1 NAM VIET says

amen phil you are right on time.the word of god says that it is an abomination in the eyes of god. I realize time changes and people try to dress things up by calling fornication as sleeping around and alternant life style as being gay but god NEVER changes and neither does his word. what was wrong back then is still wrong today. all I can say is hooray for you for standing up

40. 1 NAM VIET says

hey notsafeforwork, the reason my name is not on the wall is because my god has a plan and that plan included me and my god which is JESUS don’t make mistakes.

41. 1 NAM VIET says

hey notsafeforwork one other thing. the comment you made to the Christian at 1:56 today about praying with their mouth full, getting choked and meeting JESUS prematurely.don’t be ignorant of the word. read john 5;28 and 5;29. it says MARVEL NOT AT THIS; IN WHICH ALL THAT ARE IN THE GRAVES SHALL HEAR HIS VOICE AND SHALL COME FORTH; THEY THAT HAVE DONE GOOD UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE AND THEY THAT HAVE DONE EVIL UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION. also read 2 TIMOTHY chapter 4 verse 1 it says I CHARGE THEE THEREFORE BEFORE GOD AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO SHALL JUDGE THE QUICK [saved] AND THE DEAD [lost] AT HIS APPEARING AND HIS KINGDOM

42. Bill says

@Randy: the fraction of the U.S. public that believes that God exists is falling each year, but a century from now, they will most likely still perform The Messiah.

43. Thomas Cardellino says

Watching “Duck Dynasty” types of shows are like slowing down to rubberneck at a massive interstate car pile up. For some indiscernible reason, a good percentage of the human population enjoys the mess they also feel apprehensively sick about seeing. Me, I try to step on the gas ASAP. Life is oh so very too short.

44. doris says

everyone kows cheistian beliefs. if you don’t want to know what a person believes or how they think then don’t ask. we all have a right to what we believe or don’t believe. you have your choice, I have mine and he has his. if you can’t stand for your beliefs then they are not real. did you really expect for him to lie or hide I think not.

45. NotSafeForWork says

1 Nam Vet

You can certainly visit your local Home Depot and do two things:

1) Buy a crowbar to pull your panties out of your butt

2) Get some lumber to build a bridge to get over it.

Merry Christmas, buddy. I hope you get to meet Jesus soon!

46. NotSafeForWork says

For the record, here is what he has to say about racism in the South. I think he watched “Song of the South” one too many times.

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

47. Daniel says

You guys are so ignorant. Cant anyone have an opinion with out getting blasted for it? Phil was just voicing his freedom of speech. What, know one can disagree with gay people anymore, you think you are that powerful now?

48. bob says

‘Focus on the Family’s Irreplaceable’

Thank you for this i did not know it was going on I will have to tell all my friends about this so we can support it thank you very much

49. Enchantra says

Speaking of vagina’s , Robertson started dating his when she was 14 and he was 18. That’s illegal in most states. He married her when he was 20 and she was 16. That’s illegal in many states without permission from a parent or a judge. So apparently heterosexuals can give consent for minor females to have sex with adult males. Such moral superiority.

50. Reality says

This is what happens when you put the whitest of trash and the lowest of intelligence on TV and suspect they do something great. They’re just trash, through and through. No education, just filth. I hate the entertainment world for making this trash out to be like idols kids should adore.

51. Rob says

In a nutshell “Duck Dynasty is now a $400 million brand it has become so successful.” Say’s it all.
    I think it was Truman Capote who said “A fag is a Gay who has left the room.”

52. John says

LMAO. What amazes me is that people are surprised that a bunch of duck-hunting red-necks from Louisiana are ignorant bigots. Not really surprising and kind of stereotypical sadly.

Besides, who cares? I agree that people have a right to their opinion and we…as consumers & viewers…have the right to boycott them. Ignorance is an epidemic in the world. It really really is…

53. JustSayin' says

Look, he apologized, it comes off as sincere, and raging about it is just stupid.

Write him, call him, but BE NICE ABOUT IT.

This is an opportunity to make a friend and influence a LOT of people.

You can act like a bunch of outraged b*tches, or you can make an effort and make a difference.

At the very least, please refrain from behaving like jerks so that those of us trying to reach-out and have a positive impact are not lost in your inane and childish noise.

54. Bill says

Guys, there’s no point to ranting about him.

According to today’s newspapers, while he may think that sinners are going to hell, he is definitely going off the air – he will no longer appear on this TV program although previously taped episodes with him in it may be shown.

55. Bill says

@first time caller: according to experts, it seems that the meaning of a couple of Greek words that Paul used, and that are now being translated to refer to gays, are more than a little bit vague. One seems to have been a word that Paul made up as nobody has found any ancient texts that also used that word. Paul probably wanted to be vague – different sects probably had different ideas of what the “sin of sins” so he used a term that they could all latch onto and think he was agreeing with them. That kind of works when they are not in the same room and travel is difficult.

The translation varied over the years, depending on what the sin du jour happens to be. What is now translated as “homosexuals” was translated by Martin Luther as “masturbators”. Just wait a century or so and it will be translated as something else, unless interest drops to the point that people stop bothering with new translations.

56. JIm says

I’m not defending what Mr. Robertson said nor do I support it but I believe that we need to defend his right to say it. I may not like what he says but he is stating how he sees the world he lives in. He offended some people–not nice but grow up folks. Nasty things get said to people all the time and unless someone threatens someone else with physical harm or violence consider the source. If you don’t agree then you also have the right to say -“I don’t agree and here are the reasons why I don’t agree”. I think that the ‘outrage’ borders on sensorship. What came first?–the Constitution and it’s principles or political correctness which will end up paralyzing us eventually. Look at where we are right now. A few people don’t like hearing prayers in our schools–they beak off-the gov’t falls all over itself trying to placate those few and voila–now we don’t have prayers in schools–and so it goes. I’m saying that we have a choice as to whether or not we by in to what others are saying. Are we sheep or are we intelligent human beings who can make up their own minds about what kind of country they want to live in–really. If everyone ignored what Phil Robertson said he would be a voice in the wilderness and with no audience he would be reduced to talking to himself. Now he has a stage.

57. matt says

ignoranceis not bliss. I hope A&E is cancelling the show. they will be boycotted if not. Some say this was for free publicity to further theiran popularity with the Tea party Republicans, Phil and Sarah 2016

58. matt says

Damn Bible thumper but I bet after a fifthof jack tonight he will be down counting his remaining millions, didI say Millions and ignorance in the same sentence.

59. Bill says

@Matt: they are not canceling the show but rather canceling Phil Robertson, according to an article that appeared today on sfgate.com (the SF Chronicle’s web site).

60. Tlon says

So a guy on a show none of us watches makes some paleolithic comments about homosexuality and GLAAD decides the best thing to do is to badger A&E into firing him? Personally, I’m not threatened by people who hold beliefs that are opposed to my own. I don’t think they’re monsters. I don’t hate them. I wouldn’t want them to lose their jobs because of their beliefs. I don’t want to destroy them. And I don’t feel they need to change their opinions because I say so. I’m also reluctant to cheer when a corporation fires someone for expressing unpopular beliefs. It’s not that unusual for social tides to shift. We could easily find ourselves on the other end of things one day.

61. bOBBI says

everyone on this site is judging the Robertsons then turning and and bashing them for so called juding gays. Serioulsy people grow up the man has the right to his believes. quit whinny!!!

62. tom donahue says

I have reviewed most of these emails that have expressed there opinions, who are they? what plant did they come from? Am 100% behind you on what you stated. After all he ask the question and you responded. I don’t have a problem with that at all. Some people (including my wife) regard me as a out spoken person, but if see that something is wrong I will speak up. Hang in there guy am right behind you.

Best Regards

Tom Donahue
    Navy Special Forces Viet/Nam

63. Aaron says

Wow.someone doesn’t like gays and believes in their interpretation of the Bible? Eh. Don’t care. We’re never going to be accepted by everyone so I am not going to waste my life and happiness trying to gain that unattainable level of acceptance from people who I will never meet.

“Peace (or acceptance) comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
    ― Gautama Buddha