Ellen DeGeneres | News | Oscars

BigGayDeal.com

Ellen Leads Mass Street Dance in First Oscar Promo: VIDEO

Ellen

As you may know, Ellen DeGeneres is hosting the Oscars this year. In the first promo, she dances in the streets with 250 tuxedo-clad men and women to the song "The Walker" by Fitz and the Tantrums.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I don't care how many people they put into this dance number- I can't keep my eyes off of the guy just to the right of Ellen. Wow.

Posted by: Clifford | Dec 20, 2013 9:28:29 AM

2. Clifford, stop with your propaganda. that guy is barely cute but funny how you singled him out

Posted by: Lake | Dec 20, 2013 9:56:22 AM

3. That's the Warner Brothers back lot in Burbank (where Ellen tapes her show). At the start, the "Fine Clothing" store was the bicycle shop in Pee Wee Herman's movie.

Posted by: Andrew | Dec 20, 2013 10:07:48 AM

4. Ellen, who loves to dance, mostly walks. WTF?

Posted by: Rolf | Dec 20, 2013 10:12:29 AM

5. love the energy but I'm still not gonna be watching.

Posted by: optimist | Dec 20, 2013 10:19:48 AM

6. I hope we get more of the Ellen who hosted The Emmys in 2001 than the Ellen who hosted the Oscars 2007.

Posted by: Scar2 | Dec 20, 2013 10:57:18 AM

7. Umm, I'll hazard a guess that the dancers spent long hours rehearsing for this, while Ellen basically looked at the script the morning it was filmed.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 20, 2013 11:10:07 AM

8. Bitter queens. Ellen is awesome, has made a milion times more of a positive impact on the gay community, and has helped enormously in portraying 'us' to the straights in a positive light. She has more balls than any of us here, and certainly more than the trolls who hate on her just because she's a woman.

Posted by: topher | Dec 20, 2013 11:27:48 AM

9. Is there anything in the world more ridiculous-looking than a woman in a tux...and tennis shoes?

Posted by: Rick | Dec 20, 2013 12:39:09 PM

10. Please. I could watch Ellen watching paint dry. She's my personal savior. I love her to pieces!!!

Posted by: Geoff | Dec 20, 2013 12:41:12 PM

11. Ellen has had a lot of injuries and I hate to say this but she's not a spring chicken any more. She's 55. That's not ancient, but she can't jump around like she did when she was 25.

That said, I LOVED this spot. Short, well choreographed and FESTIVE. I wouldn't miss her for the world - though I think her and NPH would be absolutely unstoppable.

Posted by: YSOSERIOUS | Dec 20, 2013 1:26:25 PM

12. Hot guys in tuxes. Woof!

Posted by: GeoffreyPS | Dec 20, 2013 2:43:21 PM

13. That was awesome. Love Ellen! The right-wing Bible-thumpers have Duck Dynasty and we have Ellen hosting the Oscars being beamed into billions of people's homes including even those same Bible-thumpers along with their kids being exposed to wonderful gayness! Haha.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Dec 20, 2013 3:25:41 PM

14. @Ysoserious:

"Ellen has had a lot of injuries and I hate to say this but she's not a spring chicken any more. She's 55. That's not ancient, but she can't jump around like she did when she was 25."

Goodness, she would pass for a woman half her age...

Posted by: Mundus | Dec 20, 2013 4:23:34 PM

15. Here's the Making of the Ad video:

That Asian guy looks like the same backup dance in Beyonce's music video for Love on Top, no?

Posted by: John | Dec 20, 2013 5:31:50 PM