Comments

1. Clifford says

I don’t care how many people they put into this dance number- I can’t keep my eyes off of the guy just to the right of Ellen. Wow.

2. Andrew says

That’s the Warner Brothers back lot in Burbank (where Ellen tapes her show). At the start, the “Fine Clothing” store was the bicycle shop in Pee Wee Herman’s movie.

3. Scar2 says

I hope we get more of the Ellen who hosted The Emmys in 2001 than the Ellen who hosted the Oscars 2007.

4. Paul R says

Umm, I’ll hazard a guess that the dancers spent long hours rehearsing for this, while Ellen basically looked at the script the morning it was filmed.

5. topher says

Bitter queens. Ellen is awesome, has made a milion times more of a positive impact on the gay community, and has helped enormously in portraying ‘us’ to the straights in a positive light. She has more balls than any of us here, and certainly more than the trolls who hate on her just because she’s a woman.

6. YSOSERIOUS says

That said, I LOVED this spot. Short, well choreographed and FESTIVE. I wouldn’t miss her for the world – though I think her and NPH would be absolutely unstoppable.

7. SpaceCadet says

That was awesome. Love Ellen! The right-wing Bible-thumpers have Duck Dynasty and we have Ellen hosting the Oscars being beamed into billions of people’s homes including even those same Bible-thumpers along with their kids being exposed to wonderful gayness! Haha.

8. Mundus says

@Ysoserious:

“Ellen has had a lot of injuries and I hate to say this but she’s not a spring chicken any more. She’s 55. That’s not ancient, but she can’t jump around like she did when she was 25.”

Goodness, she would pass for a woman half her age…

9. John says

Here’s the Making of the Ad video:

That Asian guy looks like the same backup dance in Beyonce’s music video for Love on Top, no?