Frankie J. Alvarez | Looking | Murray Bartlett | News | Russell Tovey

Russell Tovey Straddles a Torpedo Like a Boss in the New Trailer for HBO's 'Looking': VIDEO

Tovey

A new trailer for HBO's gay drama Looking has hit the web and features Brit Russell Tovey as one of several objects of affection for star Jonathan Groff. New bits featuring Murray Bartlett and Frankie J. Alvarez are also revealed. Looking arrives in January.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This should be good.

Posted by: Stephen | Dec 21, 2013 6:59:17 PM

2. looks good to me

Posted by: Reality | Dec 21, 2013 7:15:44 PM

3. I've never been known to be against seeing Scott Bakula's hairy chest, ass or whatever else he might show...

Posted by: bkmn | Dec 21, 2013 7:29:41 PM

4. Close to being the only man of his age ever seen wearing a suit in San Francisco. Too bad, really.

Posted by: tominsf | Dec 21, 2013 7:50:34 PM

5. It seems cool, though I don't know if we are at that level as to attract a wider straight audience with a gay themed series. I hope so.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUHT | Dec 21, 2013 9:24:57 PM

6. Scott Bakula is gorgeous.

Posted by: jersey | Dec 21, 2013 10:01:34 PM

7. Russell Tovey is not just one of the hottest out gay actors on the planet, he's one of the hottest men period, IMHO. [Insert juvenile torpedo straddling joke HERE]

Posted by: MajorTom | Dec 21, 2013 10:02:36 PM

8. Hopefully this will be good. I hope it does not become annoying in the way that GIRLS became annoying because it was just unrelatable and not convincing at all. Hopefully we will see something entertaining and stuff we can relate to in a convincing way, cuz I'm eager to see if its any good.

Posted by: Nelly_in_SJ | Dec 21, 2013 10:57:10 PM

9. Murray Bartlett is an insanely attractive man. That mustache on him just isn't.

I'm really excited to see that Scott Bakula is in this.

Posted by: GJP | Dec 21, 2013 11:11:49 PM

10. Russell is a monster, he's so charming.

Posted by: Steve | Dec 21, 2013 11:59:00 PM

11. Scott Bakula is all I need to know. SOLD!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Dec 22, 2013 1:17:18 AM

12. I'll watch. Tovey is adorable. However I feel compeled to quote a scene from 'Will & Grace':
    "Let me start by saying how gratifying it is to see so many white faces here tonight."

..not

Posted by: Felix | Dec 22, 2013 1:31:45 AM

13. I keep seeing all these "all white guys" posts on here. Is Frankie J. Alvarez white? Because I'm pretty sure he's not. I could be wrong. But I don't think I am.

Posted by: uptownroger | Dec 22, 2013 1:57:58 AM

14. Russell is totally sexy .. thought i was the only one who loved his cute ears!! Didn't know he was gay

Yeah no black guys!?!?

If that nitemare GURLZ can work, this will be a hit
    Cheers..
    TC

Posted by: TonyC | Dec 22, 2013 2:12:05 AM

15. Nothing about it reads at all real. Not impressed.

Posted by: Klkruger | Dec 22, 2013 2:48:50 AM

16. God this looks cute! It looks like a model for how gay men should and could behave - no fats, no fems, no fruits. Hallelulia. Just men who go for men.

And Scott Bakula, this is a guy with a very special form of charisma in all he does, a comforting masculinity, friendly, unspoiled and warm. I admire him by an extra league for playing a part.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 22, 2013 3:29:24 AM

17. @UFFDA (or Rick) - if you're not being facetious (and I don't think you are), you have to know what a despicable and provocative comment yours is. Nothing like a little prejudice and fascism to prove that gays are no better than anyone else!

Posted by: rascal | Dec 22, 2013 6:19:45 AM

18. I was always planning on watching this, but Scott Bakula! WOOF! Plus Russell Tovey! Double woof! okay sold. Now if I only had Shwotime. :-(

Posted by: Houndentenor | Dec 22, 2013 6:44:05 AM

19. Tovey is one of the most adorable men on the planet. That he's also a talented actor, gay, sweet, and charming... makes him a perfect 10 in my book.

Bakula has always been handsome... and he hasn't lost a thing getting older.

Posted by: sparks | Dec 22, 2013 7:06:47 AM

20. Agree, looks good.

Posted by: Matt27 | Dec 22, 2013 7:20:53 AM

21. "Close to being the only man of his age ever seen wearing a suit in San Francisco. Too bad, really."

Where are you from?

Posted by: BobN | Dec 22, 2013 8:45:52 AM

22. mmmm scott bakula!!!

Posted by: disgusted American | Dec 22, 2013 9:40:46 AM

23. Scott Bakula? Then he's GOT to sing Sondheim on the show.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 22, 2013 10:03:10 AM

24. When Noah's Arc was on did you guys sit around moaning that there werent enough white people on it? Then shaddup.

Posted by: Gianfranco | Dec 22, 2013 10:51:30 AM

25. A general recommendation to all of our series producers on here, your audience could be widened a little more by taking the great background soundtrack down three clicks and making sure your sound engineers, along with the actors/tresses, see that the enunciation is crisp enough to be heard over the music. Although music can add to the depth of a scene/series, it is the emotion conveyed in the speech of your characters that carry the piece. Such consideration would make the enjoyment increase. Rewinding (is that the term on these internet things) repeatedly to catch a word does not make for a good experience.

Posted by: ScottL | Dec 22, 2013 11:58:25 AM