Germany | GQ | Kiss | News | Olympics

BigGayDeal.com

Straight Celebs Kiss to Fight Homophobia in German GQ: VIDEO

Mund2

A new campaign called "mundpropaganda" ("word of mouth") has been launched by German GQ featuring straight German celebrities locking lips in the name of fighting homophobia. The campaign appears in the magazine's January issue.

Some of the couples featured are actors Ken Duken and Kostya Ullman (above), and Olympic volleyball players Julius Brink and Jonas Reckermann (below), along with seven other German celebs.

Check out pianist Johannes Strate and rock musician Jakob Sinn (of the band Revolverheld) along with a behind-the-scenes video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Mund1

Mund3

Mundlogo

Comments

1. wow - creative way to address the issue. interesting.

Posted by: steve | Dec 12, 2013 8:42:36 AM

2. "You must remember this; a kiss is still a kiss. A sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply as time goes by." (Tip of the hat to songwriter Herman Hupfeld - an eternal bachelor.)

Posted by: norseman | Dec 12, 2013 9:03:47 AM

3. Seems like this kind of stuff has been liberating for straight men, from James Franco to Prince Harry to these guys and to loads of younger straight men who don't feel like they have to have an aversion to anything gay to be a "regular guy."
    It's good for us, but I think it's really good for straight men. Ah... liberation from all that nonsense I grew up with in the '70s. Finally... all that I-have-to-hate-homos-to-be-accepted-by-my-peers crap is getting flushed down the toilet where it belongs.

Posted by: woody | Dec 12, 2013 9:14:59 AM

4. I like this.
    @Woody, I agree, good points.

Posted by: Matt27 | Dec 12, 2013 9:23:15 AM

5. Should they require volunteers for this campaign, I'm willing to kiss the entire German soccer team. My body is ready.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 12, 2013 9:24:44 AM

6. I love the first couple, with the little dip. I think Woody's right on, some straight guys find this kind of liberating/cool/transgressive, and good for them for supporting the cause.

Posted by: Dback | Dec 12, 2013 9:56:24 AM

7. I loved Kostja Ullmann in Summerstorm.

Posted by: bollox | Dec 12, 2013 9:56:37 AM

8. I would have sworn that the top photo was Alexander Skarsgard and Jared Leto!

Posted by: Michael W. | Dec 12, 2013 9:59:10 AM

9. Yeah, I don't know what positive effect this has on straight people but I sure am glad they keep doing things in this vein!

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 12, 2013 10:11:08 AM

10. I volunteer to fight homophobia with Thomas Kretschmann and Michael Fassbender.

Posted by: Dirk | Dec 12, 2013 10:12:10 AM

11. If it takes one to know one,I spoted a few gaydar moments and movements... but I won't out anyone in public,however in private that's another story!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Dec 12, 2013 10:17:32 AM

12. And now is the time in Sprockets where we kiss!

Posted by: anon | Dec 12, 2013 10:40:10 AM

13. Does this mean we have to kiss women?

Just askin'

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 12, 2013 11:18:34 AM

14. Kissing is fun. I've kissed pretty much everyone I've ever known, male or female and gay or straight. That's been about the extent of it.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 12, 2013 11:27:39 AM

15. Ball's in your court, Channing Tatum & Ryan Reynolds.

Sprockets reference, FTW!

Posted by: FFS | Dec 12, 2013 11:50:57 AM

16. OK George Clooney and Matt Damon, it's your turn.

Posted by: Voet | Dec 12, 2013 12:05:50 PM

17. And in other news, India...

Two of them went beyond the script lol.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUHT | Dec 12, 2013 12:09:38 PM

18. Note to the editor: Kostja Ullmann openly identified as gay when in high school. Only after fame hit, he transitioned into the (unfortunately still more image friendly) "heterosexual life style." At least publicly, that is...

Posted by: Skip | Dec 12, 2013 2:15:48 PM

19. Yeah I like to see a US edition of this...

Posted by: jarago | Dec 12, 2013 5:32:31 PM

20. I thought that was Shia LeBoeuf in the first photo for a second and I got excited!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Dec 12, 2013 11:07:33 PM

21. If they want to prove a point, they need to kiss ME.

Posted by: Jerry | Dec 12, 2013 11:30:17 PM

22. In the video, Johannes Strate and Jakob Sinn...

I wish I could be kissed as they did each other. *adjusts himself*

Posted by: skincub | Dec 13, 2013 7:44:41 AM

23. It's a sweet and funny thing to do, as well as an obvious middle finger to homophobes, so I can't be negative.

I just hope people realize that being an LGBT ally doesn't require you to assume--even jokingly, even in play-acting--the persona of the group you're allied with.

And I have no problem with a celebrity "rumored" to be gay clarifying his heterosexuality and even saying he is repelled at the idea of same-gender sex, just as it's legit for someone to come out as gay and say he's repelled at the idea of opposite-gender coitus.

Posted by: Booker | Dec 13, 2013 11:47:05 AM