Duck Dynasty | Phil Robertson | Sarah Palin | Television | Video

Sarah Palin's Gay Best Friend Joining Boycott Of A&E Over Duck Dynasty: VIDEO

Sarah Palin Phil Robertson

In an interview with Fox News, Sarah Palin predictably offered support for Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, and to bolster her stance she played the "gay friend" card. Referencing her nameless and totally real gay friend, Palin said in a long, rambling run-on sentence:

"In fact, a friend of mine who happens to be gay, she emailed me to say she is outraged at A&E for the hypocrisy here, for the things that they air on their program that she finds offensive, yet A&E doesn't fire a star or somebody involved in their programming based on what they said but they would  when it comes to Phil on Duck Dynasty and this friend, she said that she would boycott A&E and that network, and uh, um, she's not the only one."

One wonders if it's the same gay friend of 30 years she last referenced in an interview during the run up to the elections in 2008. You can watch her current interview AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Ms. Palin admitted to Fox News host Greta Van Susteren yesterday that she hasn't actually even read the GQ article at the center of the controversy, stating “I haven’t read the article. I don’t know exactly how he said it.”

The quote referenced above is approximately at the 3:17 mark.

Comments

1. People seriously must consider that Palin may just have difficulty reading... a magazine article, newspapers...

Posted by: whatglasses | Dec 24, 2013 7:22:57 PM

2. OH, well, um, you know, I just read all of the magazines, and world peace, and helping and freedom and it's all about helping....
    Oh, sorry, I slipped into a Palin-coma for a minute there.

Posted by: Pauliji | Dec 24, 2013 7:25:02 PM

3. I don't even like commenting on Ms. Palin because it gives her more attention......but I can't resist because Ms. Palin is one of the biggest liars and hypocrites out there.........she no more has a "gay" friend then she has a brain.............

Posted by: Bernie | Dec 24, 2013 7:25:10 PM

4. She's probably friends with the closeted, self-loathing trolls who constantly spam the comments section here. They are made for each other.

Posted by: Ryan | Dec 24, 2013 7:30:00 PM

5. Umm...Well...I didn't read the article ya know...but it seemed like something that I should object to since the other people who didn't bother to read it either were complaining about it and gee...I'm a spotlight seeking media whore without an ounce of compassion ya know...and this would get my name in the papers. I live for that.

Posted by: joel | Dec 24, 2013 7:34:18 PM

6. "Massa ! Massa ! I sho 'nuff am willin ta fight fo' the confedercy !

Oh Massa I sho enuff cant axpress how much I hates dem Yankees.

Massa ! Massa ! I beez yo bess freend"

- Sarah Palin's dyke friend

Posted by: grant | Dec 24, 2013 7:36:25 PM

7. Vacuous white trash with an imaginary gay friend.

Posted by: Richard | Dec 24, 2013 7:38:02 PM

8. Sarah Palin - "I can spell Duk!"

Posted by: bkmn | Dec 24, 2013 7:44:48 PM

9. US COURT OF APPEALS (10TH circuit) DENIES stay to Utah on Christmas eve at 5PM Utah time .....same-sex marriages to continue

Posted by: MiddleoftheRoader | Dec 24, 2013 8:02:19 PM

10. "she emailed me to say she is outraged at A&E for the hypocrisy here, for the things that they air on their program that she finds offensive"

Well Sarah, why on earth would your "gay friend" watch any show that offends her? She must be watching some show to be offended by it, no?

Posted by: nola fred | Dec 24, 2013 8:15:07 PM

11. Of course she has a gay best friend. They used to sit out on her balcony in Alaska, driniking red win while waving to everyone in Russia.

Posted by: michael | Dec 24, 2013 8:21:06 PM

12. Would you like some cheeze with that whore? Ok, one cheezy whore, coming right up.

Posted by: David | Dec 24, 2013 8:58:34 PM

13. What self respecting gay person would be friends with her? Oh, well there are gay republicans so...

Posted by: NY2.0 | Dec 24, 2013 9:12:09 PM

14. I don't buy that she doesn't know what he said. I bet she does know. I would expect her to have done that little prep. I think it's only because she couldn't defend the vulgarity of his expression. So, instead, she pretended that she did not know what he had said. To me, it's not her ignorance that shines out, but her gross dishonesty.

Posted by: Brianb | Dec 24, 2013 9:25:13 PM

15. Is she talking about Peggy Noonan?

Just Kiddlings

Posted by: grant | Dec 24, 2013 9:39:59 PM

16. Sarah Palin is desperate. She knows she's a half-term governor and part of a failed presidential run. She knows she needs to keep her annoying self in the spotlight or people will forget how annoying she is. She's just another media 'ho just like Terry Jones and the inbreds from the Phelps clan.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Dec 24, 2013 10:13:59 PM

17. Her "gay best friend" probably told her that he was boycotting Duck Whatever, and she got it backwards.

Here's what her administration would be like:

Posted by: Bill | Dec 24, 2013 10:27:12 PM

18. If Sarah really cares for her gay friend, she will take time out of her busy schedule of making money by playing to her idiot base, and help her friend pray away the gay. LOL

Posted by: andrew | Dec 24, 2013 10:32:18 PM

19. So, are Saint Sarah and her Magic Sparkle Pony Oh For True Really Real Gay BFF also going to boycott ABC-TV, The Family Channel, ESPN, Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Comics and Films, and all of the other entities owned by the Walt Disney Corporation, which also happens to own A&E? There's an idiot in the Palin family, and it sure ain't the kid with Down Syndrome, either!

Posted by: dommyluc | Dec 25, 2013 12:12:47 AM

20. Sarah Palin`s 30 year gay friend is Tilly Ketchum. Sarah went to college and roomed with Tilly as they traveled to different universities together. It is common knowledge in Alaska that Sarah and Tilly were a lot more than friends. Sarah may use the Bible to make money, but she does not believe in it or God. In Sarah`s world she is God.

Posted by: ShawnsMom | Dec 25, 2013 12:54:04 AM

21. $10 says this friend she keep talking about is a heterosexual woman named Gay.

Posted by: FFS | Dec 25, 2013 1:33:12 AM

22. I'm not buying anything this woman says about her fictional gay friend. She has no credibility and will say anything she believes may appeal to her idiot fans. Sadly, some people always seem to gobble it up whether she makes sense or not.

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Dec 25, 2013 1:58:01 AM

23. If Sarah Palin really has a "gay friend", that so-called "gay friend" would never allow her to make such a fool of herself.

Posted by: Bill Michael | Dec 25, 2013 2:16:24 AM

24. Hey at least she is smart enough to not name her friend.
    Yes, everybody knows she is lying but if she name her, everybody could prove she is lying

Posted by: jjose712 | Dec 25, 2013 5:58:37 AM

25. Hillbilly hicks of a feather flock together. As the Texas mayor said, "Who cares what these bigots think?"

Posted by: jmartindale | Dec 25, 2013 8:01:35 AM