Channing Tatum | Film | Lana Wachowski | Mila Kunis | News

BigGayDeal.com

Channing Tatum Works His Elf Warrior Magic in The Wachowski's 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer: VIDEO

Tatum

A muscled, elfin, genetically engineered ex-military hunter Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis star in Jupiter Ascending, the latest sci-fi extravaganza from Lana and Andy Wachowski (The Matrix, Cloud Atlas) about a human targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe.

Eddie Redmayne and Sean Bean co-star in the film, which arrives in July.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Jupiter

Comments

1. Looks dreadful. Pass.

Posted by: Roscoe | Dec 10, 2013 11:55:37 AM

2. I can't go there. I just... can't.

Posted by: S. | Dec 10, 2013 12:08:18 PM

3. Looks amazing.

Posted by: Gerry | Dec 10, 2013 12:51:59 PM

4. He's not "elfin", he's a mix of wolf and man, without being a werewolf.

The movie looks like its going to be epic and I can't wait for it to come out.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Dec 10, 2013 12:52:01 PM

5. Ha ha, my immediate reaction was, That looks fun! Then I see the first two comments. I would never go see dreck like Transformers, but this looks to be pure escapist sci-fi popcorn fare.

Posted by: Critifur | Dec 10, 2013 12:53:50 PM

6. WAIT! I'm the Queen of the Universe and I'm not looking to kill anyone.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Dec 10, 2013 1:04:14 PM

7. Gorgeous visuals have never been a problem for the Wachowskis, but great filmmaking has often been. Cloud Atlas was an ambitious hot mess, imo. Though some people loved it. Speed Racer was a work of pure genius, imo, though most people hated it. The world is more united in its praise of The Matrix and its loathing of the two Matrix sequels.

So only the final film will tell ... and it will likely be a matter of taste. I'll wait for some word of mouth.

Posted by: Zlick | Dec 10, 2013 1:12:13 PM

8. Interesting, Zlick. I feel the opposite of everything you just posted... Thought Cloud Atlas was genius. Hated Speed Racer. And I loved The Matrix sequels.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 10, 2013 1:32:15 PM

9. It looks awesome and I will be seeing it.

Posted by: Clay | Dec 10, 2013 1:33:48 PM

10. Milas Kunis is cute as hell. The personification of perfect genetic make up???? way too short

Posted by: Moz's | Dec 10, 2013 1:43:36 PM

11. He looks really stupid

Posted by: danswon | Dec 10, 2013 1:49:44 PM

12. He reminds me of someone but I can't think who...

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Dec 10, 2013 1:52:29 PM

13. Cannot wait. This is right up my street. And I agree with everything Crispy said.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 10, 2013 2:00:13 PM

14. I agree that Speed Racer was great (writing could have been a litttttle better), don't know why it go so much flack. This seems to have potential, by why is everyone in space always white?

Posted by: Pablo | Dec 10, 2013 2:32:11 PM

15. Did I misunderstand or she is named as the king of gods? There are plenty of goddesses to choose for, don't get why that choice.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUHT | Dec 10, 2013 2:44:40 PM

16. So will this be a Crispy-approved Wachowski movie, or a Zlick-approved one? Only time will tell. The casting of Channing Tatum is meh I think he's good eye candy and unexpectedly good at comedy. But as a 'straight' actor (no pun intended), I think he leaves much to be desired.

Posted by: Zlick | Dec 10, 2013 3:23:03 PM

17. I'm on team Zlick.

Posted by: Dave | Dec 10, 2013 3:42:52 PM

18. Looks interesting, but really, Mila Kunis?

Wasn't it enough to see her ruin "The Book of Eli" ?

Posted by: johnny | Dec 10, 2013 3:46:38 PM

19. Considering the thrashing the Leading Lady has taken in the press (she's blamed for the failure of the Oz movie) I'm amazed she's in this film.

Maybe they could get her cheap?

That said, any movie with Channing Tatum running around kicking as (or showing his off) is on my list of guilty pleasures.

One last question, since their last film tanked, how did they get the money to make this one?

Posted by: YSOSERIOUS | Dec 10, 2013 4:34:17 PM

20. I wanna go watch it and just enjoy the visuals and fluff. Ok, and fantasize about Tatum telling me, "Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!" :-)

Posted by: Jumper | Dec 10, 2013 5:52:46 PM

21. The charming Mr Tatum as some super elf warrior might be worth a look.

Posted by: jarago | Dec 10, 2013 5:53:27 PM