Comments

1. Critifur says

Ha ha, my immediate reaction was, That looks fun! Then I see the first two comments. I would never go see dreck like Transformers, but this looks to be pure escapist sci-fi popcorn fare.

2. Zlick says

Gorgeous visuals have never been a problem for the Wachowskis, but great filmmaking has often been. Cloud Atlas was an ambitious hot mess, imo. Though some people loved it. Speed Racer was a work of pure genius, imo, though most people hated it. The world is more united in its praise of The Matrix and its loathing of the two Matrix sequels.

So only the final film will tell … and it will likely be a matter of taste. I’ll wait for some word of mouth.

3. crispy says

Interesting, Zlick. I feel the opposite of everything you just posted… Thought Cloud Atlas was genius. Hated Speed Racer. And I loved The Matrix sequels.

4. Pablo says

I agree that Speed Racer was great (writing could have been a litttttle better), don’t know why it go so much flack. This seems to have potential, by why is everyone in space always white?

5. SAYTHETRUHT says

Did I misunderstand or she is named as the king of gods? There are plenty of goddesses to choose for, don’t get why that choice.

6. Zlick says

So will this be a Crispy-approved Wachowski movie, or a Zlick-approved one? Only time will tell. The casting of Channing Tatum is meh I think he’s good eye candy and unexpectedly good at comedy. But as a ‘straight’ actor (no pun intended), I think he leaves much to be desired.

7. johnny says

Looks interesting, but really, Mila Kunis?

Wasn’t it enough to see her ruin “The Book of Eli” ?

8. YSOSERIOUS says

Considering the thrashing the Leading Lady has taken in the press (she’s blamed for the failure of the Oz movie) I’m amazed she’s in this film.

Maybe they could get her cheap?

That said, any movie with Channing Tatum running around kicking as (or showing his off) is on my list of guilty pleasures.

One last question, since their last film tanked, how did they get the money to make this one?

9. Jumper says

I wanna go watch it and just enjoy the visuals and fluff. Ok, and fantasize about Tatum telling me, “Let go of my ears, I know what I’m doing!” :-)