Dustin Lance Black | News | Tom Daley

Tom Daley Dating Oscar-Winning Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black: Report

Thesun

British tab The Sun and E! News are both reporting that the guy dating British diver Tom Daley is none other than Milk screenwriter Dustin Lance Black.

Said Daley in his video: "In spring this year, my life changed massively when I met someone and they made me feel so happy, so safe and everything just feels great. And that someone is a guy. It did take me by surprise a little bit. It was always in the back of my head that something like that could happen, but it wasn't until spring this year that something just clicked. It felt right and I thought, 'OK,' and my whole world changed there and then."

Comments

1. I'm only 3 years older than Dustin Lance Black. Does this mean I've got a shot?

Posted by: Ken | Dec 3, 2013 6:54:26 PM

2. Dustin Lance Black is 39???!!! It seems like only yesterday we were looking at the leaked photos of him taking it up the @$$ and looking ever the part of the twinky bottom. Wow.

Posted by: Jau | Dec 3, 2013 6:57:47 PM

3. OMG -- I'm jealous of both of them!
    If this is real, good for them. They make an adorable couple.
    ;-)

Posted by: Marc | Dec 3, 2013 6:58:59 PM

4. Youthful, slim, smart, nice, knows his way about. Pretty good first boyfriend.

Posted by: Chaz | Dec 3, 2013 7:02:44 PM

5. I have been laughing since I saw this earlier today and just waited for it to explode. Basically, if this is true - though I think not - he will lose all the goodwill he garnered today.

Black is a hack screenwriter, and let not forget his nefarious photo shoot, but what is really going to make people gross is that he is double in age than kid. It just reeks of manipulation if true.

Seriously I hope it is not, as I respect Tom for his sport achievements and his attitude toward fans, and hope he is actually with someone more his age and interests.

Posted by: Saturnalia | Dec 3, 2013 7:04:30 PM

6. I have been laughing since I saw this earlier today and just waited for it to explode. Basically, if this is true - though I think not - he will lose all the goodwill he garnered today.

Posted by: Saturnalia | Dec 3, 2013 7:04:31 PM

7. Sorry for double post.

Posted by: Saturnalia | Dec 3, 2013 7:05:00 PM

8. Make no mistake about it. Personally, I have ZERO issue whatsoever with the age gap. But there will be backlash to this. Let's not be naive. These are two of the most famous gays in the world, together, 20 year age gap. Definitely avoiding comment sections.

Posted by: Francis | Dec 3, 2013 7:08:28 PM

9. I totally agree with Saturnalia...

Dustin Lance Black is a plight on any young up-and-comer in Hollywood, and it's a pity that Daley wasn't privy to that fact. He jumps from one barely legal guy to the next, and I know so from personal experience. I personally know 3 guys that were 18-22 when approached and seemingly wooed by Black, all in about the same timeframe too. I understand liking people younger than you, but once this relationship fails - and it will, because Black canNOT hold a relationship without cheating for more than a few months - I hope that he starts bumping up his demographic a few years. Otherwise he will eventually be that "successful Hollywood 70-year-old pedophile." I hate to sound rash, but he really is a bad person when you boil it down. It's a pity that this man has taken advantage of so many young guys, using his status to get him ahead. Tsk. I don't want to make out any stereotypes that gays are pedophiles, because we aren't. I think that Daley being involved with THIS man in particular is extremely toxic though, yes.

Also... let's be honest. Black merely ADAPTED the documentary "The Life and Time of Harvey Milk" and exploited the works of others to get where he is now, and his movies since then have been nothing more than sorry attempts at historical fiction. Not a lot of imagination there. I know he has personally screwed over a few other Hollywood players - i.e. Tom DeSanto and Bryan Singer - by acting as their partners and then ducking out and stealing projects on his own... Looks like there's not a facet of his life that is a bit honest.

Posted by: G_K1 | Dec 3, 2013 7:10:57 PM

10. I like these "Hollywood Meets Sports Star" relationships. Another one: Greg Berlanti and Robbie Rogers. (And straights do it all the time too.. lol!)

Posted by: Lexis | Dec 3, 2013 7:12:22 PM

11. Twitter seems to think it's this fellow, which strikes me as substantially more likely:

Posted by: Iko | Dec 3, 2013 7:15:22 PM

12. Sweet. I'm a lot closer to Tom's age and my junk is at least twice as big as Dustin's.

I'm liking my chances, here.

Posted by: FFS | Dec 3, 2013 7:17:45 PM

13. LOL at FFS comment.

Posted by: Dan B | Dec 3, 2013 7:24:48 PM

14. He's dating DLB? Ewww.

Posted by: RJP | Dec 3, 2013 7:31:09 PM

15. its a tabloid. wouldn't it be a little more accurate if tom said it himself? who knows who it really is. there were rumors about dustin lance black and gus van sant with taylor lautner too a few years ago. taylor lautner isn't even gay (he hasn't mentioned anything). its gossip. no confirmation.

Posted by: m | Dec 3, 2013 7:32:21 PM

16. All the out gays with name recognition keep dating each other...like suburban lesbians.

I guess they toss a coin to see who has to be the top.

Posted by: QJ201 | Dec 3, 2013 7:39:03 PM

17. G-K1 - Bryan Singer? You speak about someone who only uses super young twinks and then leaves them half naked in front of his house.

Posted by: david | Dec 3, 2013 7:39:31 PM

18. IKO that is alas just a fan, though they would make a good couple, looks wise. There is a several photos of Daley with some young man with whom he is, with some others roomate, and I would like to think that that is a man he is reffering to.

Posted by: Saturnalia | Dec 3, 2013 7:41:14 PM

19. IKO this is the boyfriend I hope

Posted by: Saturnalia | Dec 3, 2013 7:44:05 PM

20. Its official. Dustin lance Black is now the Taylor Swift of the LGBT community.

Posted by: Will | Dec 3, 2013 7:46:07 PM

21. I was really hoping it would be David Boudia. LOL If it is DLB, really, really hope he doesn't live up to his reputation.

Posted by: SteveP | Dec 3, 2013 7:56:49 PM

22. The Sun? It must be true then.

Posted by: bollox | Dec 3, 2013 8:00:11 PM

23. Who's the bottom? And good God, I hope by now Black has learned to put on a condom.

Posted by: Tom | Dec 3, 2013 8:03:12 PM

24. I hope it is not DLB, because if it is that is creepy. A 39 years old man With a 19 year old boy, hardly a grown up:(

Posted by: nn | Dec 3, 2013 8:16:27 PM

25. No problem! Tom will just make another Youtube video to address these concerns.

Posted by: S. | Dec 3, 2013 8:22:46 PM