Duck Dynasty | News | Video | Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Shopper Finds Duck Dynasty Clock That Seems To Say 'Heil Hitler': VIDEO

DuckclockIn an odd, disturbing turn of events for the A&E show, a blogger, John Aravosis, from America Blog reported today on a "Duck Dynasty"-themed toy clock which may or may not speak the words, "Heil Hitler." Though the toy's creators likely did not intend for such a snafu, the clock adds a new layer of intrigue to the already hyped story of Phil Robertson's racist and homophobic commentary.

Aravosis's story illustrates the oddness of the incident best:

In a rather odd trip to Walmart last night (it was mom’s idea), my family was in the “holiday” section looking through half-priced Christmas leftovers when my 17 year old nephew walks up holding a “Duck Dynasty ‘Si’ Clock.”  He pushes the button, and asks me what I think it’s saying.

I thought he’d asked me “who” it sounded like, and told him I didn’t know. No, he said, WHAT’s it SAYING?

My mom and my other nephew, before I could even answer, both respond: “Heil Hitler.”

Check out a video of the clock and let us know what you think he's saying, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "WalMart reports shipment of 'Si' clocks saying "Heil Hitler!", Quadruple Price" would be a nice Onion headline.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 30, 2013 5:22:08 PM

2. I can't wait to hear what Phil thinks about "the Jews".

Posted by: anon | Dec 30, 2013 6:10:49 PM

3. EBAY THIS CLOCK!!!!

Posted by: Ankerich | Dec 30, 2013 6:40:10 PM

4. Sounds like "Hi getup"
    Heil Hitler has "L"s in it. I don't hear any.

Posted by: chris | Dec 30, 2013 7:27:04 PM

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSYktuz7sV0 has a pretty funny example of people saying "Heil Hitler".

If we want some amusement, we might as well get it from people who have some real talent!

Posted by: Bill | Dec 30, 2013 7:50:14 PM

6. Doesn't this family call themselves a Klan?

Posted by: terry | Dec 30, 2013 7:54:44 PM

7. Towleroad, you need to turn in your cub reporter badge and go back to editing Cargo magazine.

It's one thing for John Aravosis to post an amusing anecdote on his blog about encountering a toy that seemed like it was saying Heil Hitler, but it's still just a personal anecdote. It's amazingly irresponsible for wide-eyed Towleroad to spread "disturbing" but really just idiotic rumors around like they're actually true. The headline is disingenuous as well (but I understand that the real goal is page views.) This kind of easily disproved crap just waters down the real arguments against Phil Robertson's actual statements (btw, the clock is of Uncle Si, not Phil.)

Obviously Duck Dynasty isn't going to record Heil Hitler on a toy clock, and obviously a toy company isn't going to produce it, and obviously WalMart isn't going to sell it. The clock in the video clip if you even watched it is obviously broken and doesn't even sound like Heil Hitler (to me at least). If you're interested, a 4 second Youtube search reveals several videos that play all 8 sayings (none of which involve any world leader from earlier than 1983.)

I'm really curious what you'd think if the Fox noise machine randomly claimed without proof that the new Tom Daley talking action figure (isn't for sale yet, I checked) said "Heil Hitler". It would likely rev you up for three or four outraged posts at least.

Posted by: Dean | Dec 30, 2013 9:28:32 PM

8. This morning I noticed the image of the Virgin Mary on a piece of toast. It's all very mysterious.

Posted by: andrew | Dec 30, 2013 9:36:56 PM

9. It sounded like, "Hi, hippo," to me.

Posted by: John Conolley | Dec 31, 2013 3:30:59 AM

10. Wonder why people have a hard time taking some of what is said here seriously.

Posted by: TYLER | Dec 31, 2013 11:39:07 AM

11. Oh come on. It's a glitchy toy. Grow up and report on something of interest rather than the (un)shocking news that a $2 voice chip developed a fault.

Posted by: jdb | Dec 31, 2013 1:16:09 PM

12. Oh come on. It's a glitchy toy. Grow up and report on something of interest rather than the (un)shocking news that a $2 voice chip developed a fault.

Posted by: jdb | Dec 31, 2013 1:16:18 PM

13. Dean,

why don't you enlighten us all and tell us what he is saying.

'Cause you know what I hear, over and over again?

Heil Hitler. Nothing else. No Hi Hppo, Not Heidi Ho, Not High Happy...

No. Just Heil Hitler.

So tell us all what he IS saying.

Posted by: q | Dec 31, 2013 2:16:33 PM

14. Why do people care about these people? What's so special about them? I know nothing about Duck Dynasty and I probably won't ever know anything about it.

Posted by: Garst | Dec 31, 2013 5:06:20 PM

15. Q: He's saying "Hey, it's on like bingbong, Jack", but the soundchip is broken. I'm truly sorry that you can listen to that clip and only hear something like "Heil Hitler".

Posted by: Dean | Dec 31, 2013 10:01:28 PM