News: Russell Tovey, Pakistan, Jinkx Monsoon, Mississippi

RoadTruly insane NOM post claims government will sue anti-gay Americans.

RoadSenator Dick Durbin tells conservatives to put away the Ayn Rand books.

ToveyRoadRussell Tovey talks Tom Daley, art, acting in London, and Looking: "The guy playing my boyfriend is a straight actor and for the first time in my career I felt a responsibility to him, to make sure he didn’t feel I was taking advantage."

RoadMichelle Rodriguez put on a drunken courtside show at the Knicks game.

RoadPakistani teen saved hundreds by throwing himself on suicide bomber.

ARoadnti-gay reggae artist Sizzla banned from Amsterdam's Melkweg festival. "Sizzla was set to performed on the show on March 16 in Amsterdam. However, organizers pulled the plug on the reggae veteran citing video footage from a Jamaican concert where Sizzla performed anti-gay songs."

RoadSNL hires two black female writers.

ARoadaron Paul 2.0?

BomerRoadMatt Bomer strips down for White Collar.

RoadLance Bass: The first thing my mom did when she learned I was gay...and the 'miracle' that occurred afterward.

RoadAlaska closer to becoming third state to legalize marijuana.

RoadRuPaul's Drag Race new season to premiere February 24.

RoadPat "PJ" Newton's lawsuit against the town of Shannon, Mississippi for denying her the permits to open a gay bar will go to trial on January 26: "Newton argues the mayor and aldermen declined to issue the paperwork for a bar she wanted to open because it would cater to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender customers. The city has denied the allegations in briefs filed with the court. However, the court briefs offer no explanation of why the paperwork was denied."

RoadNorth Korea claims discovery of unicorn lair.

RoadLeonardo DiCaprio describes encounter with Great White Shark to Ellen.

JinkxRoadDrag Race winner Jinkx Monsoon to appear on CBS' Blue Bloods.

RoadSarah Jessica Parker says there's life in the Sex and the City franchise: "'A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell,' Parker told InStyle magazine. 'But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait for ever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!'"

RoadGay activists may be barred from carrying rainbow flag in Orange County Tet Parade.

RoadMore than 65,000 parents and teachers in southern Germany sign petition protesting school's plans to teach gay sex education: "The initiative, by Baden-Württemberg’s ruling regional Green/SPD coalition, wants to include the aim 'acceptance of sexual diversity' in the curriculum so that children are told about different lifestyles and relationships at a young age. But it has met strong resistance from teachers and parents. Supporters say the curriculum change will promote tolerance of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual and intersexual people. "

Comments

1. Who wouldn't like to have Matt Bomer naked in his bed?

Posted by: Matt27 | Jan 9, 2014 4:04:53 PM

2. Lance Bass is a very lucky young man, he's got one hell of a family, mine disowned me over 45 years ago. Catholics only allow their priests to be gay, not their kids.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Jan 9, 2014 4:40:36 PM

3. The Unicorn Lair story is from 2012.

You do know it's 2014, right?

Posted by: Lucca | Jan 9, 2014 4:45:21 PM

4. In my next life I'll be married to Matt Bomer and and never have read Ayn Rand.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 9, 2014 4:46:58 PM

5. Tet parade?

Posted by: Out Gay | Jan 9, 2014 4:54:58 PM

6. Well, I imagine Matt Bomer's sister might object to his being naked in her bed, but other than that...

There are many, many crazy groups like NOM out there, but they don't get any funding and therefore don't get any publicity. The press is a vicious cycle. You get publicity to get funding and you get funding to get publicity. Publicity brings funding and funding brings publicity. You are either in or you are out. Right now NOM is going from "IN" to "OUT". Once their funding dries up they will be ignored like all the other nutjob groups you don't hear about.

Posted by: anon | Jan 9, 2014 4:55:28 PM

7. I used to like Tovey, until he started giving interviews where he said that he avoided playing gay characters because they were too
    "risky". I guess the money and exposure of an HBO series overcame his fear of "risk".

Posted by: Eric | Jan 9, 2014 5:10:47 PM

8. Anti-gays one the one hand censor gay sex education, and on the other hand blame gay youth for high HIV rates; then pretend like they aren't related.

Posted by: inahurry | Jan 9, 2014 5:18:56 PM

9. While Lance's mom is among the better Christians, I still take offence to her statement.

"...he has not accepted Christ and is lost."

No. He has rejected Christianity, and is free.

Those of us who have had more than mere intellectual reason to question the Bible have been fortunate to have that little extra incentive to dive into it and make up our own minds. It is a shockingly cruel and immoral work that most people never read, except the bits they're told to. Start on the first page, read as much of it as you can stand (do try to make it to the end) and ask yourself if a moral deity would run a world this way.

This humble-brag from Christians that they are sad that a non-Christian is "lost" is so annoying.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 9, 2014 5:37:49 PM

10. What a cute, likable chap Tovey is. Looking forward to Looking.

Posted by: LJC | Jan 9, 2014 7:08:40 PM

11. Re: the carrying of the rainbow flag. I think we need to steal the "don't tread on me" flag the teabaggers have taken as their symbol. After all it seems to apply to us as much as, if not more than, it applies to them.

Posted by: Craig | Jan 9, 2014 9:41:25 PM

12. @Out Gay: Tet is the Vietnamese New Year.

Posted by: alex | Jan 10, 2014 4:23:35 AM

13. Nice of Tovey to be so chivalrous, but in my opinion any man who wants to be an actor still isn't straight, even if he is not gay or bi.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jan 11, 2014 2:52:14 PM