Coca-Cola | News | Queer Nation | Russia | Sochi Olympics

Queer Nation's Sochi Coca-Cola Ad: VIDEO

Sochicocacola

Queer Nation is not letting up on the silence of the sponsors of the Sochi Games regarding Russia's anti-gay law. Here's the group's latest piece of 'LGBT propaganda'.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Screw Coca Cola. I just really hate them along with McDonalds, GE, Panasonic, VISA, Omega, Samsung, Proctor & Gamble, Dow Chemical - they can all go straight down the tubes as far as I'm concerned. I won't patronize a one of them.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jan 25, 2014 7:48:51 PM

2. "I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony"....

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 25, 2014 8:00:53 PM

3. Drink Pepsi.

Posted by: Reality | Jan 25, 2014 9:28:02 PM

4. Dr. Pepper is a lot better...

Posted by: Kyle M. Sullivan | Jan 25, 2014 11:06:12 PM

5. Agonizingly perfect!!! Coke is actually complicit in the oppression and violence. I stopped drinking all 'sodas' years ago, anyway, though.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 25, 2014 11:45:34 PM

6. I like this video. But I wonder where everyone's disgust was when Coca-Cola was authorizing anti-union violence in its Guatemalan bottling plants.

Posted by: William | Jan 26, 2014 1:02:47 AM

7. Drink water, it's better anyways.

Posted by: Hyde | Jan 26, 2014 3:11:36 AM

8. Yup
    Cooperate greed at its finest!

Posted by: L G. | Jan 26, 2014 3:45:12 AM

9. When are the Olympics over? I swear this has been going on for a year. Tired of hearing about this stuff.

Posted by: AJ | Jan 26, 2014 10:05:15 AM

10. They were just as corrupt in the gay minority countries ...where was the protest then??...

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 26, 2014 10:47:52 AM

11. POWERFUL. GAY POWER!!!

Posted by: steve | Jan 26, 2014 10:56:11 AM

12. I have never minded changing my buying habits if I find out a company is in the business of oppressing people. No charges on my Visa since Jan 1st, no Coca-cola products, I don't worry about McD's. I have not set foor in a Target store in over three years since the same CEO and board of directors are in still in place after the anti-gay debacle. Oh, and forget Barilla products! If I find my self on business in anti-equality marriage states on business, I spend as little money as neccessary to get the hell in and out.

My actions probably do not affect these companies in the slightest but sure makes me feel better. There are always ways to show you stance by using your dollars no matter the amount.

Posted by: Matt Ford | Jan 26, 2014 11:03:04 AM

13. POSTED BY: MIKE RYAN | JAN 25, 2014 7:48:51 PM

Unless you live in the wilderness, living completely 100% off the land --and since you're posting on a message board that's obviously not the case-- you DO use products from those companies in your dad-to-day life.

Fine, it's easy to not go to McD's or use a VISA card or buy a Samsung TV, but some of the other companies make hundreds of products we all use, it's really kind of staggering how pervasive they are.

I don't care what people do re: protesting, but please don't act that you're above it all, if you live in a capitalist society, you are complicit in a tiny way just by using their products.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jan 26, 2014 2:10:36 PM

14. I am shocked - SHOCKED - that the oh-so courageous Timothy Kincaid has not posted this video. Oh wait, no - I'm not.

Posted by: DN | Jan 26, 2014 7:44:39 PM

15. KYLE: I believe Dr. Pepper is owned by Coca Cola.

Posted by: BETTY | Jan 27, 2014 1:41:36 AM

16. Oh, good. Another reason to buy Coke at McDonald's or Chick-Fil-A.

One of the captions in the video read, "Accept us for who we are, or don't accept us at all." I can live with that, as long as I really don't have to accept you at all.

Posted by: Roger | Jan 29, 2014 2:43:12 PM

17. DN,

What an odd comment to make at Towleroad.

What saw your sarcastic "shocked" comment intended to convey? Perhaps that I lack the courage to post the video at my website?

I don't generally post the many many videos that float across the web. Some I do, but not very often.

This one certainly wasn't deliberately omitted.

I'd rather you didn't go to other websites to try and bash me. What a strange strange (and rather cowardly) thing to do.

If you think I should post something, email me.

Posted by: Timothy Kincaid | Feb 3, 2014 5:09:49 PM