Comments

1. Mike Ryan says

Screw Coca Cola. I just really hate them along with McDonalds, GE, Panasonic, VISA, Omega, Samsung, Proctor & Gamble, Dow Chemical – they can all go straight down the tubes as far as I’m concerned. I won’t patronize a one of them.

2. Geoff says

Agonizingly perfect!!! Coke is actually complicit in the oppression and violence. I stopped drinking all ‘sodas’ years ago, anyway, though.

3. William says

I like this video. But I wonder where everyone’s disgust was when Coca-Cola was authorizing anti-union violence in its Guatemalan bottling plants.

4. AJ says

When are the Olympics over? I swear this has been going on for a year. Tired of hearing about this stuff.

5. Matt Ford says

I have never minded changing my buying habits if I find out a company is in the business of oppressing people. No charges on my Visa since Jan 1st, no Coca-cola products, I don’t worry about McD’s. I have not set foor in a Target store in over three years since the same CEO and board of directors are in still in place after the anti-gay debacle. Oh, and forget Barilla products! If I find my self on business in anti-equality marriage states on business, I spend as little money as neccessary to get the hell in and out.

My actions probably do not affect these companies in the slightest but sure makes me feel better. There are always ways to show you stance by using your dollars no matter the amount.

6. Henry Holland says

POSTED BY: MIKE RYAN | JAN 25, 2014 7:48:51 PM

Unless you live in the wilderness, living completely 100% off the land –and since you’re posting on a message board that’s obviously not the case– you DO use products from those companies in your dad-to-day life.

Fine, it’s easy to not go to McD’s or use a VISA card or buy a Samsung TV, but some of the other companies make hundreds of products we all use, it’s really kind of staggering how pervasive they are.

I don’t care what people do re: protesting, but please don’t act that you’re above it all, if you live in a capitalist society, you are complicit in a tiny way just by using their products.

7. DN says

I am shocked – SHOCKED – that the oh-so courageous Timothy Kincaid has not posted this video. Oh wait, no – I’m not.

8. Roger says

Oh, good. Another reason to buy Coke at McDonald’s or Chick-Fil-A.

One of the captions in the video read, “Accept us for who we are, or don’t accept us at all.” I can live with that, as long as I really don’t have to accept you at all.

9. Timothy Kincaid says

DN,

What an odd comment to make at Towleroad.

What saw your sarcastic “shocked” comment intended to convey? Perhaps that I lack the courage to post the video at my website?

I don’t generally post the many many videos that float across the web. Some I do, but not very often.

This one certainly wasn’t deliberately omitted.

I’d rather you didn’t go to other websites to try and bash me. What a strange strange (and rather cowardly) thing to do.

If you think I should post something, email me.