Mia Farrow | Ronan Farrow | Woody Allen

Ronan Farrow and Mia Farrow Rip Woody Allen Over Globes Win

Ronan Farrow and Mia Farrow ripped Woody Allen during last night's Golden Globes tribute, at which Diane Keaton accepted a Cecil B. DeMille Award in Allen's honor.

FarrowSaid Ronan on Twitter:

"Missed the Woody Allen tribute - did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?" tweeted the 26-year-old government insider.

Allen's ex-wife Mia Farrow was equally dismissive:

Farrow had been enthusiastically live-tweeting the awards ("Yay Spike Jonze" was among her astute observations) until it came time for the tribute to Allen. It was then that Farrow, who appeared in 12 of Allen's films while they were dating, demonstrated her advanced shade-throwing skills.

"Time to grab some icecream & switch over to #GIRLS," she tweeted, making no mention of her ex. Her next tweet, which appears to be her last of the night, confirmed her abrupt exit: "Nite all."

Comments

1. And yeah whatever, Ronan is Frank Sinatra's child as Mia admitted last year.

Posted by: Elle | Jan 13, 2014 3:02:55 PM

2. Elle - you can sit with the children of Farrow and Allen and explain to them why it's not "technically" incest that their father is marrying their sister. You can tell them what Woody did, "You're adopted. You're not a real family"

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 13, 2014 3:05:04 PM

3. Incest is sexual activity between family members and close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consangueous relationship (blood relations), and sometimes those related by affinity, such as members of the same household, step relatives, those related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage. Try again.

Posted by: Mitz Y Tops | Jan 13, 2014 3:06:24 PM

4. I do not recall ever hearing of Mr. Allen being convicted of anything.

Woody Allen's films will be watched and enjoyed by tens of millions after Mia & Ronan Farrow's names are long forgotten.

Posted by: dearcomrade | Jan 13, 2014 3:29:41 PM

5. Mia Farrow--very very bitter woman. Ronan is turning into a very very bitter woman.

Posted by: roberth | Jan 13, 2014 3:33:29 PM

6. I'll never understand why people are so desperate to defend morally repugnant people just because they were involved in the creation of a few movies or songs they really like. I mean damn, how many hairs can you split and details can you gloss over or flat out ignore? Just admit to yourself that they're a scumbag, illegally download their work so they don't get a cent and continue on with your day with a clear conscious like a normal person.

Posted by: JMC | Jan 13, 2014 4:04:27 PM

7. @ Little-kiwi: I dont give a rat's ass what Mia and her children personally think is incest. Woody Allen is not related by blood to Soon-Yi. They had no blood relation - plus by the time he and Soon-Yi did have a relationship, she was 20 years old and not a child. it may be awkward but it is not incest and the definition that includes those ones one is affiliated with through adoption etc is an arbitrary one. Like it or not, when you adopt someone they do not become your blood relation and this is why we have incest taboos to begin with - to prevent members who share genetics from procreating. That we decided to arbitrarily expand that definitions to make adopted children feel better about themselves doesnt mean that changes anything about what incest is.

I dont understand this insistence by everyone that Woody Allen is a pedophile and incest lover and creep. WTF. He wasnt his kid, he fell in love with her and they've been together for 20 years. They havent hurt anyone (but Mia Farrow's ego it seems). Let them be. Who the hell are you or anyone to judge them, especially when the life they have decided to lead has resulted in a successful, long-term marriage. He did not have sex with her when she was underage, she is and was of consenting age, no one is holding her against her will to stay with him so back off. Mind your own god damn business.

Posted by: Elle | Jan 13, 2014 4:09:32 PM

8. Their father married their sister. It caused a tremendous amount of confusion and anguish to the children, and the whole family. The children's sense of trust in a parent - damaged. I'm sorry that their anguish has upset *you* so much.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 13, 2014 4:19:09 PM

9. I see you glossing over Woody molesting Farrah's other daughter Dylan when she was 7 years old, Elle. Just a couple years ago she reiterated the allegations, said she was still fearful of Woody and wishes she'd had the strength as a child to testify against him.

Posted by: JMC | Jan 13, 2014 4:28:11 PM

10. Farrow*

Posted by: JMC | Jan 13, 2014 4:28:39 PM

11. I have to agree with Fester, even though it's a bit oversimplified… They're all pretty wierd. But you can kind of see where Mr. Allen gets his material from (a "normal" life is not so condusive to creative output). If you have seen Blue Jasmine, neurosis is the catalyst for all sorts of things. Pedophilia, however, I never, ever understood. I haven't heard about the other case with, was it Dylan?

Roman just looks wierd to me. Sinatra or not.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jan 13, 2014 4:36:34 PM

12. Then again, what self-respecting white man would admit to having a name like Jamal?

Posted by: Derrick From Philly | Jan 13, 2014 4:38:12 PM

13. For the curious:

In 1992, Dylan was 7 years old when she told her mother that Farrow’s ex-lover Allen had touched her inappropriately. Farrow videotaped Dylan speaking about the creepy encounters and Dylan’s accusations later led to a court case that was eventually dropped to spare the young girl from having to testify in court.

“I’m scared of him, his image.” Dylan told Vanity Fair, refusing to utter Allen’s name. “I have never been asked to testify. If I could talk to the 7-year-old Dylan, I would tell her to be brave, to testify.”

There's more to the interview but this is the gist of it.

Posted by: JMC | Jan 13, 2014 4:40:26 PM

14. @ "Then again, what self-respecting white man would admit to having a name like Jamal? "

Posted by: Derrick From Philly | Jan 13, 2014 4:38:12 PM

Rick, you leave me and JAMAL49 alone. If you don't, we're going to find Laverne Cox, then find you, and WHUP yo' flat azz.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 13, 2014 5:00:43 PM

15. I was a big fan of Woody's in my youth. I haven't seen a film of his since the scandal broke. Just don't want to go - no interest. I'm just not interested.

I'm sure he doesn't care what people think, but for me its just not okay.

When Diane Keaton (Annie Hall) was saying all that nice stuff about him last night on the show, I nearly puked.

Don't know why I feel this way - its not a strong feeling, just a revulsion. In any case, there's no pleasure in his artistry for me. It's a little like asking me to appreciate Nazi art - a piece of art created by someone who is somehow repugnant.

Also, I wish Woody would work harder at having a better relationship with his estranged son -- so sad, and it's not okay, and I totally get it. I suppose it won't be fixed.

Anyway, for whatever reason, the rehabilitation of Roman Polanski I get, On the other hand, Woody Allen - I can't see it.

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 13, 2014 5:05:00 PM

16. Woody Allen's talents do not absolve him of blame.

Posters like Elle are completely lacking in empathy. Any mother who suspects that a man she trusted took advantage of her trust to abuse her child and finds herself denied of legal redress is entitled to express her feelings however she wants.

Posted by: Justice | Jan 13, 2014 5:06:31 PM

17. LOL @ "Then again, what self-respecting white man would admit to having a name like Jamal? "

LOL Yeah, and what self-respecting White man would call himself "Enchantcha"? LOL Probably the only kind I kind have a couple of cocktails with--IF HE WAS HONEST, AND NOT A HYPOCRITE.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 13, 2014 5:20:52 PM

18. Mia and her spawn are truly a couple of vile people-enough already with attacking Allen- Farrow has obviously brainwashed her son (who looks gayer than Liberace ) to hate his father.

Posted by: jarago | Jan 13, 2014 5:56:12 PM

19. @ little-kiwi: yes i admit that it may have created all sorts of awkwardness but it is not illegal. I assume if a brother were to marry his brother's ex it would create the same kind of anguish but it doesnt make anyone a creep or illegal.

As to the 7 year old girl: frankly, I dont recall Allen being convicted in a court of law and given how bitter Farrow is about the whole deal it would not surprise me if she told her kid to say that. I mean what does a 7 year old know about inappropriate touching. i doubt she came forward on her own said "step daddy touched me inappropriately". 7 years olds dont talk like that. my point is just because someone MAKES an accusation doesnt mean it is true.

Posted by: Elle | Jan 13, 2014 6:01:24 PM

20. When asked about the issue of Roman Catholic priests and pedophilia within the church, Pope Benedict responded that the problem wasn't really about pedophilia, but rather ephebophilia.

His hairsplitting didn't help either.

Allen crossed a boundary and it has had consequences for many.

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 13, 2014 6:03:14 PM

21. OK, Soon Yi Previn was adopted by Mia Farrow, not by Woody Allen ever. He did not marry Mia, nor, as I recall, did they even actually co-habitate. Soon Yi is not his daughter or step-daughter.

Was it a low blow? Oh yes, to be sure.But not incest, either by blood or adoption.

Ronan, though raised to think he was Woody's son, is quite possibly Frank Sinatra's son in actuality. Which means Mia was sleeping with Frank (who was married) while in a relationship with Woody. And she neglected to mention any of that until last year.

The sleaziest soap opera writer could not dream up something like this ugly mess.

Occasionally Woody still makes good films. Fine with me. Mia has done some (but not much) good work since her split with Woody. Fine with me, too.

I don't know these people, they don't know me. If they got a problem with each other, let 'em duke it out in court. Next case, Judge Judy.

Posted by: MickleSt | Jan 13, 2014 7:04:56 PM

22. MIA FARROW....

Hollywood royalty brat who twisted Sinatra into marrying her at 19, then got knocked up by him when she was with Woody.
    Has not been relevant in decades.
    Ruined her own reputation and damaged her children with the "victim act" and vendetta against Woody.

Woody is no angel -- but he has always been obsessed with young women -- why would he molest a boy?

Posted by: Bob | Jan 13, 2014 7:45:21 PM

23. What Allen had done in his private life is incredibly inappropriate and extremely offensive to most people. I believe the man is indeed a pedo. He should not get a pass because of who he is. Now I realize the entertainment industry is full if sleazy people, but having a 'relationship' and marrying your own young adopted daughter, then fleeing the country, can't be ignored by even half way decent people.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 13, 2014 8:29:56 PM

24. Loved the Woody tribute.
    Just re-saw Love and Death - one of the funniest movies ever.

Richard Wagner was a disgusting man. I listen to his operas often. Woody Allen may be a disgusting man. Annie Hall, Manhattan (foreshadowing?), Hannah and Her Sisters, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bullets over Broadway, Love and Death, Sleeper, Bananas, Purple Rose of Cairo, Broadway Danny Rose, Midnight in Paris, Match Point. Some of the best movies out there.

Posted by: bravo | Jan 13, 2014 8:40:02 PM

25. Will we ever know the truth?
    Who cares?
    'Radio Days' is a great movie.
    That much I do know.