Gay Marriage | Law Enforcement | Utah

Utah Sheriffs Rally, 'Call for an Uprising' Against Gay Marriage: VIDEO

Mack

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers, Association, a coalition of anti-gay sheriffs and homophobic conservative supporters, held a rally on Saturday billed as a "call for an uprising" against same-sex marriage in Utah, FOX13 reports.

Said Former Graham County, Ariz., Sheriff Richard Mack (above):

“The people of Utah have rights, too, not just the homosexuals. The homosexuals are shoving their agenda down our throats...That’s a lie. That’s an absolute lie [that the federal government's ruling overrules Utah's laws]. We have a right to raise our kids without homosexuals being part of the Boy Scouts, the schools and teachers and doing everything. They can be all that, but don’t shove your agenda down my kid’s throat. We have a right to raise our kids how we want not how you want."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Sheriffs

Comments

1. @Timothy : I don't either - they might try to bite it off. I think most of them should join the hunger strike that one guy started. Their doctors would probably be delighted at the result!

@JackFknTwist : cut the "angry old white dude" garbage - it is racist. The majority of the "white dudes" I know, regardless of age, are liberals and oppose any sort of discrimination, and "majority" in this case is well over 50%.

Posted by: Bill | Jan 5, 2014 8:15:49 PM

2. The west is getting weaker by the hour! The Mujahadeen shall out-populate the anti-reproducers of the west. The amreekans must be purified by nuclear fire. It is our destiny, our purpose, our calling.

Posted by: Islam Shall Rule | Jan 5, 2014 8:58:48 PM

3. @ "Islam Shall Rule:" You can do whatever you want to the "amreekans" as they probably live on one of Kolob's moons. You know, Kolob, the crazy planet Mormons supposedly think exists somewhere - "Heavenly Father" took pity on gay Mormons and let them have a nice, lovely moon to live on, and by the time your nuclear warhead reaches it, it will almost certainly not function at all. Interstellar travel is so time consuming. Plus, it will take you quite some time to even figure out where Kolob is, and there is no guarantee that it is even in our galaxy.

BTW, are you a troll from the Middle East or are you an American troll trying to sound funny?

Posted by: Bill | Jan 5, 2014 9:13:18 PM

4. Homophobes sound sillier by the day. Instead of railing against gay equality, why don't they start talking about how they plan to adjust to the new reality of a pro-equality America? It's happening.

And yes, I notice this obsession male homophobes have about things being "shoved down their throats." You'd think they'd understand the awkwardness of this analogy. Unless of course, it really IS a Freudian slip!

Posted by: Mary | Jan 5, 2014 9:58:50 PM

5. So homoerotic talking about being forced down one's throat...well if you are so upset with it just get it done with...I am sure one of your deputies will stick his greasy redneck cock down your throat...but as to having stuff shoved down one's throat I grew up having to have this kind of backward thinking and breeder agenda stuffed down my throat so get over it already. And as for your pledge of allegiance (which I refuse to repeat) it is supposed to be one nation with liberty and justice for all

Posted by: Mark | Jan 6, 2014 1:12:10 AM

6. These guys and their ilk around the country always think we should live in the shadows or never go out of our house unless we personify their straightness. I say we need to keep shoving our agenda in their faces untill they stop complaining that we exist at all. I wish I could have kids around these guys so I could cover my kids eyes in front of them and tell my kid" avert your eyes Bobby! Don't look at the hateful bigot! " Remember to never treatt people as horribly as this heathen". Then just let him try to tell me I'm wrong in front of my kid.

Posted by: Todd | Jan 6, 2014 5:00:43 AM

7. Just another group of fat, angry white dudes...with guns.

Posted by: mdnc | Jan 6, 2014 10:40:24 AM

8. From Mirriam-Webster dictionary:

up·ris·ing
    noun \ˈəp-ˌrī-ziŋ\

: a usually violent effort by many people to change the government or leader of a country

and

se·di·tion
    noun \si-ˈdi-shən\

: the crime of saying, writing, or doing something that encourages people to disobey their government

I'm waiting for the arrest of these renegade civil servants.

Posted by: Mike W | Jan 6, 2014 1:57:50 PM

9. We need more of these groups around the country. Good for them!

Posted by: Will | Jan 10, 2014 3:13:25 PM

10. Will, do try to be less transparent with the trolling next time.

Posted by: Alan | Jan 17, 2014 9:56:33 AM

11. Why do the anti-gay militants have such an obsession with oral sex?

The continued repetition of the "They're shoving their agenda down our throats" trope is not a Freudian slip, more a Freudian landslide.....

The other constant with these oblivious loons is the depth of their constitutional ignorance.

Posted by: MacTurk | Jan 27, 2014 7:45:04 AM

12. I am leading the charge against same-sex "marriage" with my strong ally Doug Mainwaring. Come join us! See my blogspot at tradmarriage.blogspot.com. Probably the most committed material for the future, ever documented!

Posted by: Fred Douning | Feb 15, 2014 8:51:58 PM