Coffee | News | Shirtless | Spokane

Coffee Shop Featuring Shirtless Male Baristas Opens: VIDEO

Hotcupofjoe

Hot Cup of Joe, a coffee shop featuring shirtless male baristas, opened this week in Spokane, Washington. While the guys seem more interested in serving up their mocha lattes to the ladies, this is certainly an idea that deserves exporting.

Watch local station KXLY's report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I like both coffee and shirtless men, so...

Posted by: Matt27 | Feb 20, 2014 10:39:56 AM

2. Lets all just nip on down ...

Posted by: Raybob | Feb 20, 2014 10:40:55 AM

3. Isn't this like a health code violation or something?

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 20, 2014 10:42:13 AM

4. @Patrick - The closest health code violation I can think of has to do with hair, which does not seem to be an issue with the men in the image. Even then, I'm not sure that the Washington health code says anything about body hair; otherwise, I know cooks who would need to wear fishnets on their arms. They would likely have more problems with the employment safety laws: a misconnected valve could easily cause a very nasty scald.

In any case, the bikini baristas have been around since the late 90s, and the Health Department has not stopped the practice yet.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Feb 20, 2014 10:49:48 AM

5. I'll take the one on the right, thanks. And a cappuccino.

Posted by: Alan | Feb 20, 2014 10:56:31 AM

6. ummmm...no.

Posted by: JD | Feb 20, 2014 10:58:21 AM

7. This was the "response" given for some espresso shop in Spokane who had women in lingerie. Personally I would prefer some guys who are a bit older and more hairy, just my cup of joe.:-)

Posted by: Tom | Feb 20, 2014 10:58:56 AM

8. Which one is Joe?

Posted by: jeff | Feb 20, 2014 11:13:54 AM

9. None of them are really my type, but thanks.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 20, 2014 11:24:46 AM

10. No jokes about an extra shot of foam, or a little cream in your coffee?

Posted by: S. | Feb 20, 2014 11:25:16 AM

11. What Jack M said. Well, actually I would have said "None of them IS really my type..." but whatever. The point is I didn't really perk up when I saw them.

Posted by: Bill | Feb 20, 2014 11:34:54 AM

12. Well, since they were pouring milk over the ice - FAIL!

Posted by: KJ | Feb 20, 2014 11:47:41 AM

13. The thought of armpit hair etc. falling into my coffee just grosses me out.

Posted by: bicuriousus | Feb 20, 2014 11:55:10 AM

14. I hope their coffee is as perky as their nipples.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 20, 2014 11:57:41 AM

15. Yakima went through a whole soap opera a few years ago over baristas in lingerie. Public indecency, think of the children, you write the script. There were arrests, new ordinances, etc all serving mainly to make the town a laughingstock.

Posted by: melvin | Feb 20, 2014 12:00:19 PM

16. My fave was named Brewlesque

Posted by: melvin | Feb 20, 2014 12:01:30 PM

17. This is one of those ideas that always sounds better in concept than it turns out in execution.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Feb 20, 2014 12:18:15 PM

18. @Melvin - In this case, though, the city would be very hard pressed to make the case that shirtless men are obscene.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Feb 20, 2014 12:26:35 PM

19. WTF ?? What's next - women in Victorias Secret lingerie serving breakfast at a coffee shop? This is NOT an "idea that needs exporting". What the hell is wrong with us? Sex is awesome but it doesn't need to be everywhere at every turn. It's because of this crap from straight people that I now I can't even go to the grocery store without seeing Kim Kardashian's fat ass at every checkout stand.
    Too much of anything diminishes the thing. So put your shirts on and focus on serving and making good coffee, otherwise Abercrombie & Fitch may have an opening...

Posted by: Tre | Feb 20, 2014 12:29:08 PM

20. I am loving the show..and I have no problems with the pace of it.
    =)

Posted by: George F | Feb 20, 2014 12:55:57 PM

21. @Bill-

Ooooh, I just love it when TR ventures into grammar. Bill corrected an earlier post: "None of them are my type." Says Bill: "None of them IS my type." But oops! "None of them are" is, in this day in age, entirely appropriate, in that "them" is plural. Having said that, I agree; them are not my type.

Posted by: Ken | Feb 20, 2014 1:00:32 PM

22. These fellas are gonna have to explore their bi sides if they wanna make any kinda real tip revenue.

Posted by: FFS | Feb 20, 2014 1:12:42 PM

23. Uh, Ken, the word "none" is the subject of that sentence and is singular. "[O]f them" is a prepositional phrase and not the subject of the sentence. BTW, I think you mean "in this day AND age" not "in this day IN age." Cheers!

Posted by: Bill | Feb 20, 2014 1:16:41 PM

24. Now if someone would just open up a car wash with shirtless guys in rugby shorts having water fights.

Posted by: Voet | Feb 20, 2014 1:18:09 PM

25. Voet, I like how you think!

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 20, 2014 2:36:01 PM