Facebook | FOX News | Gender Identity | News

In Rare Moment of Lucidity, FOX News Host Apologizes for Gender Identity Remarks: VIDEO

Morris

FOX News Host Clayton Morris took a moment on Saturday morning to apologize for remarks he made while commenting on Facebook's recently-added gender identity options.

Said Morris:

“Look, I made a pretty ignorant statement a few weeks ago, we were talking about the Facebook story where they added the bunch of different gender-identifying things. And I made sort of an offhanded comment and I regretted it later because now, ‘Wait a second. There are people who are actually dealing with this and I’m an idiot for saying something stupid like that.’ So before you open your mouth, just think about it a little bit.”

Will his colleagues listen to him? Doubt it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Clayton Morris is Fox's technology reporter and actually is one of the few on-air personalities that is rational & lucid most of the time. He really doesn't belong on Fox.

That said, this feels like one of the members of a pack of bullies who got caught up in name-calling and then suddenly developed a conscience about it. I respect the change of heart, but that doesn't change the fact that he was part of the problem to start with...

Posted by: ColinATL | Mar 4, 2014 9:59:19 AM

2. A Faux Noize talking head actually admitting that he made an ignorant statement? On the air?! And he still has a job at Faux Noize?!

I think every pig in the country has just sprouted wings and are now flying south for the winter.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Mar 4, 2014 10:22:37 AM

3. Wha-wha-WHAT?!

A Fox News on-air personality apologized for ill-considered remarks?

Bring me my smelling salts! I need to get to my fainting couch before I hit the floor.

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 4, 2014 10:26:58 AM

4. WHAT.

Well now I have no idea what to think.

Posted by: Tigernan | Mar 4, 2014 11:09:51 AM

5. Whatever.

Fox News may be evil but the rest of the giant, corporate media aren't squeaky clean. They all answer to their CEOs and censor stories that go against their corporate interests.

Posted by: Tim | Mar 4, 2014 11:28:21 AM

6. "Before you open your mouth, just think about it a little bit." should be the motto of all of Fox News.

Posted by: handset | Mar 4, 2014 11:45:31 AM

7. Because of course BSNBC hosts never make stupid comments.

Posted by: Perry | Mar 4, 2014 12:14:21 PM

8. Never, never, never apologize to trans activists. They only view it as a reason to attack you more. They are sick, sadistic people who get off on seeing other people grovel.

Posted by: Buffalo Bill | Mar 4, 2014 12:35:25 PM

9. @Tim - The fact that Faux Noize is so much worse than the rest of the corporate media should mean something.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Mar 4, 2014 12:58:38 PM

10. Does the follow-up read: "Clayton Morris, in a moment of lucidity, admitted his mistake........and was immediately fired by Fox News." ??

Posted by: BuckeyeWxGuy | Mar 4, 2014 5:06:09 PM

11. Good man.

Posted by: Thomas | Mar 4, 2014 6:49:57 PM

12. People come in male , female, and intersex.

Words have gender.