Comments

1. Jay says

Well the driving force for his comments is homophobia and his opinions are thus bigoted. There is nothing logical in accusing gay individuals of recruiting children for some hidden agenda. It is safe to say that most of us had very heterosexual homes and upbringings.

2. kdknyc says

Kidding, right Alan?

If you’re serious, I’m sorry for you. We were given the ability to think and reason by “your god”, as you might say. Thinking and reasoning aren’t evil.

Ignorance can be corrected, but stupidity is forever. Sad but true.

3. JackFknTwist says

” Yes, and I believe in turning out the money changers from the Temple and rendering unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and I believe a rich man cannot enter heaven unless he does the eye of the needle trick…….and like St. Francis himself I embrace Holy Poverty and reject possessions…..”

Oh, eh, let me edit that:
    “I only believe the Bible when it says I can accumulate wealth on a tax exempt basis and I can recruit the extreme right wingers who have the fattest wallets and the most bigoted spirits.
    Scott Lively and Koch Brothers are you listening..

4. Bryan L says

What motivates people like Franklin Graham and the Phelps and Bryan Fischer and Scott Lively and Tony Perkins and that minister in Harlem to say the things they do? Why do they espouse hate and discrimination? Why do they lie? These bigots have found a totally self-serving and manipulative way to achieve some small manner of fame. It’s all about their egos and has nothing to do with faith or God.

5. Onnyjay says

Why does anyone — including T’road’s editors! — pay attention to these tired old neurotic has-beens and never-wases with nothing constructive to add to anyone’s discourse? Robertson, Graham, Swaggert, Dobbinson, all anal-retentive losers with 15th-century agendas. A plague on all of them.

6. Bill says

Believe what you want to believe, Billy Jr. No problem with that – but stop forcing your PERSONAL/RELIGIOUS beliefs on the rest of the country. You church can hate anyone they want – your country however, where you are an allegedly EQUAL citizen, does not have the right to make you second class because of another’s superstitious views.

7. woodroad34d says

Actually, religion recruits gay people through straight parents….the evil that man does in the name of the lord. No “Up” elevator for the demon Graham.

8. james st. james says

Franklin is an example of what happens when ignorance (his father’s) is put on a pedestal.

His assumptions make me assume that he was raised in a bigoted intolerant environment. And with lots of money. Which only makes it worse.