Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin to Co-Star in New Netflix Series 'Grace and Frankie'

Tomlin_fonda

Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are set to star in a 13-episode half-hour original comedy series on Netflix called Grace and Frankie, the network reports.

The single-camera comedy focuses on nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) facing the last chapter of their lives, though not in the way they expected. When their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married, the women find their lives both turned upside down and to their dismay, permanently intertwined. Eventually, to their surprise, they find they have each other.

The show will premiere next year.

(image janefonda.com)

Comments

1. Bring in Dolly Parton as a guest star, workin' 9 to 5.

Posted by: Kenny | Mar 19, 2014 12:00:26 PM

2. Awww... now this sounds cute. I met Lily Tomlin years ago when she appeared at the Venetian Room (Fairmont Hotel). I was working in the kitchen, going to college for my BA in business and attending CA Culinary Academy part-time (they got me the job at the Fairmont). Lily was appearing and backstage access was through the kitchen. As she waited to go on I chatted with her and her partner Jane. She wanted juicy fruit gum and I hurried down to the in-house tobacco stand to get it for her. She gobbled up two pieces then spit it out before going on stage. "I just love the taste of that gum..." (That's my claim to fame story... :-) )

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Mar 19, 2014 12:02:43 PM

3. My thoughts exactly Kenny.

Posted by: Edd | Mar 19, 2014 12:10:00 PM

4. "9 to 5" Fun Fun fun film still today.

Posted by: karen in kalifornia | Mar 19, 2014 12:16:48 PM

5. "The last chapter of their lives?" Ouch.

Posted by: AlexBH | Mar 19, 2014 12:52:30 PM

6. This sounds awesome. Lily is a comedy powerhouse like no other, and Jane's performance is (forgive me) 'Monster-in-Law' stole the show. Netflix is not fooling around with original programming.

Posted by: Henry | Mar 19, 2014 2:31:14 PM

7. "9 to 5," even in 2014 is amazingly subversive.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 19, 2014 2:57:30 PM

8. Add Dolly Parton or GTFO.

Posted by: Jerry | Mar 19, 2014 6:07:45 PM

9. Dolly Parton as special guest star is mandatory.

Posted by: Jonny | Mar 19, 2014 8:28:23 PM

10. Dolly Parton as the authority on "How to keep a husband from going gay." Of course, once in a while, like every other episode, Carrie Fisher and Fran Drescher drop in to say what up bitches

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Mar 19, 2014 11:23:58 PM

11. I love my Jane Fonda--have loved her for over 40 years. She's beautiful at age 76.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 20, 2014 10:22:29 AM