Idina Menzel | John Travolta | News

John Travolta Releases Statement on 'Adele Dazeem' Incident

Travolta

John Travolta has released a statement on the 'Adele Dazeem' Oscars incident:

"I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought ... what would Idina Menzel say, She'd say, Let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"

Comments

1. Good-natured response.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Mar 4, 2014 8:03:39 PM

2. Wait.
    We're still talking about this?

Posted by: David | Mar 4, 2014 8:04:41 PM

3. The anesthesia used during his hair plug surgery hadn't fully worn off and made him slur his words.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Mar 4, 2014 8:18:25 PM

4. it's like a non apology with projected assumed forgiveness rolled up in empty showbiz kudos. he's so weird.

Posted by: jaker | Mar 4, 2014 8:20:16 PM

5. He needs to go on the Ellen Show or the Tonight Show and poke fun at himself.

Posted by: Owens | Mar 4, 2014 8:21:03 PM

6. All the millions he's spent on auditing and he is still a mere mortal...John where are your super powers....After all these years you must be at OT8 (Operating Tethan level 8) by now...You'd better run back to Clear Water with a load of cash to pay to run around that pole they have in the new Super Powers building!

Posted by: Elizabeth | Mar 4, 2014 8:41:28 PM

7. He was focused on his upcoming massage appointment.

Posted by: NWC | Mar 4, 2014 8:47:56 PM

8. There he goes same as with the masseurs, assuming approval and maybe forgiveness.

Posted by: Mags | Mar 4, 2014 9:12:45 PM

9. Wow, great non-apology. Is there some reason people just can't manage to say "I'm sorry".

Posted by: e.c. | Mar 4, 2014 9:17:10 PM

10. Clearly a publicity stunt. Done on purpose to land in the news and.....fill in the blanks.

Posted by: gabe | Mar 4, 2014 9:37:45 PM

11. I hope Idina Menzel thinks this whole thing is hilarious, because it is. I bet a whole lot more people know who she is now than they did Saturday. LOL.

Posted by: Ryan | Mar 4, 2014 9:42:13 PM

12. Travolta is creepy in so many ways. Eeew.

Posted by: Kenny | Mar 4, 2014 9:43:16 PM

13. Hey, that's my new motto: WWIMS!

And if he really wants to know What Would Idina Menzel Say, he could just pick up the phone before he puts forgiveness in her mouth.

And until he discusses that thing on his head, I'm not interested. Creepy old closet case.

Posted by: James | Mar 4, 2014 9:48:24 PM

14. Yes Let it Go...

Posted by: jarago | Mar 4, 2014 9:55:52 PM

15. Lucky Idina, it was only forgiveness that he put in her mouth.

Posted by: Mags | Mar 4, 2014 9:57:08 PM

16. "Yeah, I just super hate that I am in the pop culture memory for something other than my crazy religion or how clearly gay I am."

Posted by: Tigernan | Mar 4, 2014 9:57:29 PM

17. I'm sure a phone call placed to Ms Menzel would be graciously received and Mr Travolta could learn firsthand "what would Idina Menzel say" ... Maybe a new friend would be made. But it's probably just as good to imagine what she thinks and work off that.

Posted by: Glenn I | Mar 4, 2014 9:57:57 PM

18. She should thank John Travolta that he mispronounced her name. No one would have been talking about her the next day, much less three days later. Thousands who had no idea who she is now know. Pink probably wishes she'd been introduced as Blue and Bette Midler as Mitt Bedler.

Posted by: dixchuk | Mar 4, 2014 10:39:11 PM

19. John Travolta is disgusting

Posted by: Will | Mar 4, 2014 10:46:50 PM

20. At least he's still rich.

Posted by: Dazeem | Mar 4, 2014 11:16:03 PM

21. We'll always have Grease, and Saturday Night Fever, and Pulp Fiction, and Hairspray, etc...

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Mar 4, 2014 11:39:04 PM

22. John Travolta is a DISGUSTING PIG. Eff off you sad old F___.

Posted by: tristram | Mar 4, 2014 11:48:21 PM

23. Crazy thing is that he must have had so much time to practice that one introduction. How do you screw that up, when you're also reading it on a teleprompter?!

Posted by: Albert | Mar 5, 2014 12:48:36 AM

24. Does he even explain how he got her name (so) wrong and where that name came from? No one would be talking about this if he called her Elena Menzel or Idina Denzel, or something. It is just so puzzling that he seems to have completely made her name up despite having rehearsed it and having the teleprompter. (I suspect some sort of "medical" or "chemical" issue.)

Posted by: macguffin54 | Mar 5, 2014 1:07:38 AM

25. I stand by my theory that he had a mild stroke on stage.

Posted by: curitch | Mar 5, 2014 2:09:15 AM