John Travolta Releases Statement on ‘Adele Dazeem’ Incident

Travolta

John Travolta has released a statement on the 'Adele Dazeem' Oscars incident:

"I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought … what would Idina Menzel say, She'd say, Let it go, let it go! Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy Frozen took home two Oscars Sunday night!"

Comments

1. Elizabeth says

All the millions he’s spent on auditing and he is still a mere mortal…John where are your super powers….After all these years you must be at OT8 (Operating Tethan level 8) by now…You’d better run back to Clear Water with a load of cash to pay to run around that pole they have in the new Super Powers building!

2. Ryan says

I hope Idina Menzel thinks this whole thing is hilarious, because it is. I bet a whole lot more people know who she is now than they did Saturday. LOL.

3. James says

Hey, that’s my new motto: WWIMS!

And if he really wants to know What Would Idina Menzel Say, he could just pick up the phone before he puts forgiveness in her mouth.

And until he discusses that thing on his head, I’m not interested. Creepy old closet case.

4. says

I’m sure a phone call placed to Ms Menzel would be graciously received and Mr Travolta could learn firsthand “what would Idina Menzel say” … Maybe a new friend would be made. But it’s probably just as good to imagine what she thinks and work off that.

5. dixchuk says

She should thank John Travolta that he mispronounced her name. No one would have been talking about her the next day, much less three days later. Thousands who had no idea who she is now know. Pink probably wishes she’d been introduced as Blue and Bette Midler as Mitt Bedler.

6. Albert says

Crazy thing is that he must have had so much time to practice that one introduction. How do you screw that up, when you’re also reading it on a teleprompter?!

7. macguffin54 says

Does he even explain how he got her name (so) wrong and where that name came from? No one would be talking about this if he called her Elena Menzel or Idina Denzel, or something. It is just so puzzling that he seems to have completely made her name up despite having rehearsed it and having the teleprompter. (I suspect some sort of “medical” or “chemical” issue.)

8. Ted says

Aren’t scientologists at Travolta’s level supposed to have the power to prevent this kind of slip of the tongue?

This hairpiece is obvious.

Why are there no “Welcome Back Kotter” reruns on TV?

9. Jack M says

It’s a shame. Travolta would be such a cool guy if he had come out and avoided joining that Scientology cult. Instead, he’s just bizarre.

10. abandy says

Well before he came up on stage to present, Husband and I suspected there was something wrong with the teleprompter that night. Many flubs after confirmed our suspicion. If I had the energy to re-watch the Oscars, I could list them all, but, Nope. Once was enough.

11. John says

Supposedly, JT is dyslexic, and many people have pointed that out as as explanation. I call BS on that. He has had a successful career as an actor – he could have memorized her name rather than relying on a teleprompter. On the other hand, Idina Menzel is not well known to the general public – and now she is. So, in a strange way, he did the wickedly talented woman a favor.

12. says

I don’t know what happen to travolta or any many getting face work done and coloring their hair and plugs etc it makes them look like a doll and not in a ken doll good way, but like the doll from the movie magic. That aside he was hot as hell when I was a kid with his “Mr. C” talk, but I liked Epstein most. Anywho, I know have to watch youtube vids to find out what all the fuss is about, which sucks on iPhone btw.

13. tristram says

This guy is a disgusting perve and a science fictional deity-worshipping psychopath. I’m glad he’s been relegated to the medical waste bin of history.