Comments

1. MaryM says

I love Liza and her delusions.

Ellen is not her friend.

I think Liza deserves a nice little drink.

She might shing a shong for Momma afterwardsh.

2. CC says

That woman is fabulous. “I”m on a diet.”

Before anyone makes a snide remark about her difficulty in getting onto the curb, she has had both hips replaced. It’s great that she can walk around at all.

3. jeff says

Her shows in Palm Springs sold out too. Big surprise there. I love her, and I know that she secretly wants to kill Ellen, but she was very gracious about it, as is fitting a legend.

4. SpaceCadet says

I think Ellen meant well and I found the joke funny but I can understand how Liza would be upset. Women are often self-conscious about their looks, and that’s often magnified in the entertainment industry. It can hurt one’s feelings to be compared to a drag queen when you just want to be an attractive woman. I got to see Liza live in person on one of Oprah’s last shows. Her singing isn’t my cup of tea and I know she is from another era when she was a superstar but I still respect her legendary career and status.

5. Dback says

I’ve never met Liza but I’ve seen her interacting with other people close up, and both times she was never less than gracious and kind. She genuinely seems to embody the philosophy that there are no strangers, just friends you haven’t met yet. Hope the Kennedy Center honors her soon.

6. joel says

She was definitely not amused by the joke, and rightly so, but at this point probably figures bygones. The producers treated Lorna, Joey and she very shabbily anyway. They made such a big thing about them being there and then had them just stand up in the audience? They should have been doing the intro not Whoopi. And for the people making fun of Liza’s speech impediment, it’s uncorrectable, she’s had it ever since her bout with encephalitis.

7. Mark says

I found the sexist and ageist comments directed at Liza and Kim Novak tacky and disrespectful. Instead of making sure these stars were protected and treated with dignity they were invited and then left to the Hollywood wolves. I hope any star over the age of 50 was watching and paying close attention.

8. Zeta says

POSTED BY: MARK | MAR 4, 2014 7:35:35 PM

I agree. It was terrible. They both deserved better.