Matt Palmer | Music | Music Video | News

Gay R&B Singer Matt Palmer Dreams of the Boy Next Door in 'Teardrops': VIDEO

Palmer

Gay R&B singer-songwriter Matt Palmer released the video for his new single "Teardrops" today.

Taking its cue and lyric sample from Taylor Swift's "Teardrops on My Guitar", the video puts a sexy gay spin on the theme of unrequited love. The track was produced by Drew Scotty (Fantasia, Dawn Richard) and the video directed by Ryan Bartley.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Palmer is preparing to release a 7-song EP called Stranger Than Fiction but is raising funds to finish it on Kickstarter. Help him out if you're a fan.

2_palmer

Comments

1. The song production was pretty good but sorry, I just couldn't get into the (auto-tuned) vocals. And what was with the shot at the end of the video where both guys are suddenly all dressed up and staring at the camera (us). It was a bit jarring with that shift.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Mar 6, 2014 2:06:38 PM

2. Apparently, anyone can sing these days thanks to the Tune.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Mar 6, 2014 2:11:52 PM

3. sexy. shame about the autotune. cuz it's sexy.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 6, 2014 2:23:36 PM

4. How refreshing to see a video of an inter-racial gay couple. This kind of pairing is rarely reflected in entertainment or advertising but it seems to be changing slowly.

A little off topic, but good on Looking for letting Patrick have a clearly ethnic looking Mexican boyfriend, and not one of those upscale light skinned "Hispanics" like Augustine. I hope they explore the cultural differences in a real and honest way, and that we see more reality based pairings on this show.

Posted by: Howard B | Mar 6, 2014 3:14:01 PM

5. my thoughts exactly, howard B.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 6, 2014 3:19:33 PM

6. What Howard B said.

Posted by: Everardo | Mar 6, 2014 3:26:05 PM

7. It doesn't matter one bit what color you like or are. But you might check with some of the legion black dudes who want a white woman as I'm sure it secretely embarrasses them.

Posted by: UFFDA | Mar 6, 2014 3:30:32 PM

8. Ummm...

WORST

SONG

EVER

Sorry, but it sucks. Really bad.

Posted by: Joe | Mar 6, 2014 3:34:56 PM

9. Do black guy men like each other at all?It seems it the media that all want a boyfriend who is other

Posted by: Marky | Mar 6, 2014 4:26:40 PM

10. I want those 3 minutes of my life back. Brutal.

Posted by: Ruff | Mar 6, 2014 4:43:56 PM

11. @Marky Plenty of us like each other. And plenty of non black guys like us too. ;)

Posted by: Whitneyisadude | Mar 6, 2014 4:56:18 PM

12. Marky, not sure if you're trolling, but I'm in a two-black-male relationship and so are MANY others such as this couple that was in the news several weeks ago: www facebook com / pages/Kordale-N-KALEB/423735251057271.

Posted by: redball | Mar 6, 2014 4:58:21 PM

13. @REDBALL
    I'm just asking because it seems like all the the out famous people date white people.Can you name a out famous gay person that has a black partner?

Posted by: Marky | Mar 6, 2014 5:03:44 PM

14. @ "Can you name a out famous gay person that has a black partner?"

Well, Marky the key words in your question were "famous" and "out". Maybe it's been more difficult for Black celebrities and athletes to be famous and out.

Tell you the truth, I can't really fantasize about any of them...not even that boy that does all those exercise videos...Shaun something or other. You can have him

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 6, 2014 5:10:10 PM

15. Sigh, all this talk about race troubles me. Race is a social contract. It's designed to categorize people. If the light skinned man was 2 shades darker, he would be categorized as black...Whatever the video was alright, I'd listen to it cooking dinner :P

Posted by: Canny | Mar 6, 2014 5:10:41 PM

16. *construct

Posted by: Canny | Mar 6, 2014 5:12:10 PM

17. Nice job with the song! Plus I hate to be so superficial, but if Matt wants to look about 400% better in one go, then he should consider a chin implant. Not being 'shady', just trying to assist. Trust and believe.

Posted by: tristram | Mar 6, 2014 5:15:44 PM

18. Awesome video! I totally agree with the awesomeness of a biracial couple.

The song is really great too!

Posted by: Wood | Mar 6, 2014 6:13:24 PM

19. This song will never get played on mainstream radio. Radio is very homophobic. Liberal females resent male homosexuality.

Posted by: roger | Mar 6, 2014 6:25:18 PM

20. Asian hunk, WOOF!

Posted by: bernard | Mar 6, 2014 7:06:26 PM

21. YAAAAAS!

Totally feelin' this beat. Vocally reminds me of Usher, but I like Matt Palmer's flow better.. especially at the breakdown. If I heard it on the radio, I'd think it was Ursher.

Sexy beat + sexy gentlemen = I'm eager to see what comes next.

Posted by: Mario L. | Mar 6, 2014 8:31:39 PM

22. Nice job with the song! Plus I hate to be so superficial, but if TRISTRAM wants to look about 400% better in one go, then he should consider a personality implant. Not being 'shady', just trying to assist. Trust and believe.

Posted by: BERNARD | Mar 6, 2014 8:48:26 PM

23. Uh Roger (women-hater), I live in a big city and the radio plays Adam Lambert. Last I checked, he was still an out gay man.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Mar 6, 2014 9:53:57 PM

24. How did Tristram and Bernard get to be the same commenter? Oh, that's right, TR (which I love) has the worst most outdated commenting system on the entire internet.

But I'll take the bait. Seriously, I've never been accused of being at all superficial. There is nothing objectively wrong with how any human looks. It's just visual convention.

But braces on your teeth, a little nose reduction in some cases if you can afford it, OK, do it. And a chin implant is a very simple procedure. A very receding chin makes a person look weak and indecisive and not that bright. Unfair but true.

I see people on the subway, particularly sometimes black people, whose life would be changed with an implant and guess what, if you change your hairstyle or grow a goatee when you have it done no one will even notice and if they do they will forget about it.

That being said, this guy is within the normal range and looks fine.

Posted by: emjayay | Mar 7, 2014 2:19:07 AM

25. A gay singer who wrote an interesting song and isn't just trying to appease the gays by being hyper masculine and flashing his abs? And an R&B gay singer on top of that?? Awesome!!

Posted by: Colton | Mar 7, 2014 2:47:23 AM