Advertising | Kevin Swanson | News

Colorado Pastor Says Putting Gays in a Honey Maid Ad is Like Promoting Axe Murder, Cannibalism

Honeymaid

Colorado Pastor Kevin Swanson is back for your weekly laugh.

SwansonHe's the pastor who blamed the Colorado floods last September on gays, marijuana, and abortion rights. He also recently said that the Disney film Frozen is a satanic attempt to turn kids gay.

This week Swanson told his radio listeners that Honey Maid featuring a gay family in its ads is the same as promoting axe murderers and cannibals, Right Wing Watch reports.

Said Swanson:

When you come down to things like axe murder or homosexuality and you say, ‘we’re really going to promote it and we’re going to encourage everybody in America to engage in this or at least support this thing,’ there will be people on the other side who will take an adamantly opposed position to your support of axe murdering or homosexuality. They will be intolerant, they will be very intolerant of that which is evil, like axe murdering. Here’s my prognostication for Nabisco: I think they’re going to lose business.

Listen to some of his new nonsense here:

Swanson didn't like the company's response to its haters either:

He went on to say:

"Artists printed out the negative comments, rolled them all up and created a sculpture that reads ‘Love’ in cursive script. Isn’t that cute? That’s kind of cute. I wonder what God thinks about that? Didn’t God define love? See the problem with this ‘love’ thing is you can define it anyway you want. Homosexuals love their friends and cannibals love their victims, they taste good."

Listen:

Comments

1. Mr. Swanson, I am a gay man and if I was a cannibal I would not eat you! You are so bitter, over seasoned, and dry! ugh!

Posted by: Bernie | Apr 15, 2014 9:08:40 PM

2. Remember Judge Doom in the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"?

Your Honor, The Prosecution rests....

'Nuff said, right?

Posted by: Rod Roddy lookalike | Apr 15, 2014 9:36:33 PM

3. ...Well they DO use Jeffrey Dahmer as their mascot...

Posted by: Wirrrn | Apr 15, 2014 11:07:29 PM

4. Hey, let's just let this moron and others like him spout off. His remarks are totally counter productive to his cause. We ought to pay him to continue. He's a walking poster boy for homophobia and irrationality.

Posted by: Brian | Apr 16, 2014 12:23:58 AM

5. Just tell this pastor that our god(s) sing better than his god.

(Talk about some drama!)

Posted by: Bill | Apr 16, 2014 1:05:45 AM

6. Why even mention this person? JUST what he wants.....news! Sorry folks!

Posted by: L G. | Apr 16, 2014 4:00:31 AM

7. I just love people like Swanson. It gives me great pleasure to watch as their world crumbles beneath their feet. And all of their "faith" and "praying" isn't doing them a damn bit of good. I'd never purchased Teddy Grahams until the moralists decided to attack Honey Maid. So I purchased two cases and donated them to the food bank with my regular month donation.

Posted by: ThomT | Apr 16, 2014 1:32:11 PM

8. My gaydar is off the charts when i look into his gay face

....the lady doth protest too much

Posted by: kderpder | Apr 16, 2014 4:57:26 PM