Gay Parents | Video | Web Series

Gay Dad Chauffeurs His Adorable Young Son In New Web-Series - VIDEO

Briggs

Frank Lowe, the parenting writer at The Advocate, has started his own weekly web-series called Driving Mr. Briggs in which he will drive and talk with his precicous young son Briggs.

In the premiere episode, Briggs mentions that he’s just shared an innocent first kiss with a lady friend of his — they bonded over monster trucks. Frank also discusses how to share cookies and reminds his son just how beautiful he is.

Regarding the series, Lowe says, “The premise is essentially just me driving the little man around to various places and at various times. We have hilarious banter in the car, and he often tells me off, which is priceless. I hope it does well, and again, would love for it to inspire gay youth to start families.”

Watch the episode AFTER THE JUMP…

Comments

1. Very cute. And I love the use of the "Valley of the Dolls" soundtrack.

Posted by: Ron | Apr 23, 2014 11:09:47 AM

2. Very cute. And I love the use of the "Valley of the Dolls" soundtrack.

Posted by: Ron | Apr 23, 2014 11:09:53 AM

3. Sheer unadulterated adorableness.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 23, 2014 11:10:49 AM

4. By far the best web series this site has ever run.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 23, 2014 11:20:46 AM

5. Another person desperately seeking fame and the worst part is him using his son. Just sad.

Posted by: Perry | Apr 23, 2014 11:27:01 AM

6. this is soooo cute, i'm gonna watch out for this

Posted by: ben | Apr 23, 2014 11:31:50 AM

7. GMAB Perry. Have a heart.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Apr 23, 2014 11:44:13 AM

8. So cute!

Posted by: AnthonyR | Apr 23, 2014 11:45:32 AM

9. Now I have the image of Patty Duke and her separated strand of beads...

Posted by: Tom | Apr 23, 2014 11:56:34 AM

10. Ummm.... texting or at least checking the smartphone while driving. Bad daddy...

Posted by: TessaDad | Apr 23, 2014 11:56:53 AM

11. Ummm.... texting or at least checking the smartphone while driving. Bad daddy...

Posted by: TessaDad | Apr 23, 2014 11:56:53 AM

12. Video camera (and knowing that you're filming this for potential use as web series) and using a phone while driving is not at all intelligent.
    Next he'll be driving around with a dog in a cage on the roof....

Posted by: joe | Apr 23, 2014 12:50:37 PM

13. I can understand his motivations for showing people his interaction with his son. But at some point it does become just like looking at a co-worker's pictures of their kids. Not all kids are adorable to all people, and after about 30 secs, the lustre is over. I won't be watching anymore of this series.

Posted by: Amell | Apr 23, 2014 1:15:44 PM

14. Plucked the child's unibrow? So in a few years it will be "son, let's talk about waxing...."

Posted by: Hansel Currywurst | Apr 23, 2014 2:00:46 PM

15. Cute. I'd rather see this than scores of other people "desperately seeking fame", as Perry puts it, such as vapid celebrities that have nothing to do with gay rights like Justin Bieber. That being said, I can't help but be amused by the curious semiotic significance of him saying he lives in fictional "Stepford, Connecticut". Are stay-at-home dads supposed to be the new gay trophy husbands? I'm reminded of one of my favorite Saint Etienne lyrics: "never could have been a tennis wife, get into the acting life."

Posted by: EchtKultig | Apr 23, 2014 2:45:48 PM

16. It's a shame that we have to learn about such a wonderful family via a post from the despicable, vile, homophobic Dan Villarreal. Hey Dan, are you going to write an article about how gays want to "indoctrinate" the little kid?

Posted by: Saria | Apr 23, 2014 3:38:28 PM

17. Totally, ridiculously, over the top adorable. Just hearing that kid talk about berries put me in such a good mood.

I can't wait to see more from these two.

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 23, 2014 5:16:07 PM

18. I approve.

Posted by: David | Apr 23, 2014 5:41:22 PM

19. Can't hear the kid talking because of the music - and needs to be edited to a minute (not four minutes).

Posted by: JB | Apr 24, 2014 3:49:58 PM

20. Agree on the use of phone while driving. And yes, while kids talking can be cute, maybe raises a smile on the train or whatever, strangers' kids can't hold the attention as much as your own. Some things aren't really meant to be shared....

Posted by: Dylancat | Aug 11, 2014 3:46:03 AM