Comments

1. dommyluc says

Years ago, when Blondie first came out, my late father thought Debbie Harry was the most beautiful woman in the world. He wasn’t right about everything, but he hit the nail on the head there.
    Oh, and I was Miss Soft Crab in 1942, and they just didn’t hand me that award on a silver platter – I had to work for it!

2. EO says

And you had to choose a colored record as your favorite song, didn’t you? That’s nice for the neighbors. You got something against Connie Francis? Shelley Fabares? l love Shelley Fabares.

3. says

Hysterical that the person (Jason/Bruce/Sam … ) posting under multiple fake names (“washed-up” Debbie Harry sure gets him worked up!) is calling Debbie Harry a fraud. And, actually, she’s participated in many Prides and has always been a gay rights advocate. Maybe you’ve never seen her there cause you’ve never been to one?

Rock on, Debbie.

4. says

I’m with Rowan on this one. Debbie’s too classy to give the interviewer what he’s baiting for. Of course her having been around the bend a few times has something to do with it. And look, she’s still making music. And she still doesn’t have to do handstands or cartwheels or ride wrecking balls naked to be cool.

5. Listo, puesto, y dispuetso says

When did ‘new’ leave the ‘news’? Not being snarky at all here, but I thought it was common knowledge that she was into women. For at least a few years. I know this because I’ve had her on a playlist of LGBT artists for a long time. Not allies, but practitioners.

6. Mary says

I think it’s great that she came out as bi. Bisexuals are a very misunderstood group and the more encouragement bi people get to come out of the closet, the sooner they will be accepted. The LGBT world tends to focus on gays and treat bisexuals as an afterthought. But yes, I do notice that more women come out as bi than men. I don’t know why this is.

7. Icebloo says

Deborah Harry has talked about being bisexual many times in the last 20 years. This is not news.
    Deborah has also been an outspoken ally of gay people since the 1970’s. One of her best friends was Andy Warhol.