GoPro | News | Selfie | Travel

Bearded Hottie Creates Epic Around-The-World Selfie: VIDEO

Selfie Real

With the help of a GoPro camera and a stick, photographer and “adventure rider” Alex Chacon created a 360-degree selfie documenting his exhaustive travels around the globe that spanned 36 countries, 600 days, 5 motorcycles, and 125,946 miles.

See all the places (and faces) Alex discovered on his journey, AFTER THE JUMP…

Chacon

Comments

1. "epic" "hottie" Who writes this? A 13yo?

Posted by: TWINS | May 14, 2014 10:38:56 AM

2. Good thing he's a "hottie." If he were ugly, this video would be worthless, right?

Posted by: Don | May 14, 2014 10:44:37 AM

3. Looks like a great trip! That's one of my dreams: to travel the world and meet people different than I and experience cultures that are other than what I grew up in.

Glad he looks like he had a lot of fun doing this :-) Sounds like the bitchy brothers were just jealous that they didn't get to go with him ...

Posted by: Raybob | May 14, 2014 10:55:09 AM

4. He's average at best but I do get your point.

Posted by: TWINS | May 14, 2014 10:55:33 AM

5. Twins, and what are you besides a troll?

Posted by: Boston | May 14, 2014 11:05:21 AM

6. @Don: Complete agreement.

And I'd love to have this man's disposable income, as I am a gay man but contrary to what the media would have people believe, I scrap by financially by the skin of my teeth every single month.

It's nice though that SOME people can have the money and resources to do things like this man did.

Posted by: Ian | May 14, 2014 11:10:30 AM

7. My point: if this were "Hottie Models New Speedo Collection," the headline would make sense. But in this case, his "hotness" is irrelevant to the subect matter, don't you think?

Posted by: Don | May 14, 2014 11:10:32 AM

8. He's not all that. But I'd still prolly do him.

Posted by: Pervy McPerv | May 14, 2014 11:16:22 AM

9. Absolutely wonderful video montage; everybody should have such an experience. I did it during my gap-year (Yes, I am British!): around the world with friends for eight months! Wonderful!

Those of you focusing on his looks, or like DON who thinks it is worthless, are simply worthless!!

Posted by: BRAINS | May 14, 2014 11:16:42 AM

10. Great and fun, but he's got an expensive hobby going around the world in order to cram it all into a 2:59 video clip.

Posted by: David From Canada | May 14, 2014 11:24:21 AM

11. Thank you for sharing this Alex..If this doesn't make someone want to travel in don't know what will !!!!

Posted by: Mark | May 14, 2014 11:38:17 AM

12. Surprisingly, boring. The self-aggrandizement of people today is nauseating.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | May 14, 2014 11:45:03 AM

13. Would anyone watch this if he were a middle-aged flat schlub?

Posted by: anon | May 14, 2014 12:02:53 PM

14. This made me dizzy. :)

Posted by: Joe | May 14, 2014 12:03:42 PM

15. @ian If you read his website he more or less sold everything he owned to finance his trip. He later got sponsers who donated products for testing and publicity.

I have friends who do similar things. Sell everything and then wander doing odd jobs in the 3rd world they visit. If you are willing to rough it then you too could cross the globe

Posted by: Homo Genius | May 14, 2014 12:15:05 PM

16. Yawn. Travelling is one of the most banal activities one can do with their time and money. And all this schmo did was take selfies?

Posted by: John | May 14, 2014 12:20:47 PM

17. Enough with the GIFs already. Are we still in the 1990's?

Posted by: Eric | May 14, 2014 12:22:16 PM

18. Fun song, and I like to look at attractive guys. What makes John think "all this schmo did was take selfies?" The hottie may have done a lot of fun things in addition to taking a minute or two out for a selfie in each spot.

Posted by: Jack | May 14, 2014 1:00:53 PM

19. My wanderlust meter is off the charts right now

Posted by: Jonathan | May 14, 2014 3:15:25 PM

20. The bio at his website says he's doing this to promote various charities, as well as having fun.

Good wishes for safe and healthy travel to him and anyone who might be inspired to get out of their cubicle and see the world for any reason. Yes it takes money and drive to do stuff like this, but considering how tight the job market is for many, good for him for being clever about cooking up something different and being able to live off it.

Good wishes, too, for non-judgment and open-mindedness on the part of all others on the planet. Namaste.

Posted by: Derek | May 14, 2014 3:45:42 PM

21. And did his sugar daddy pay for this trip?!

Posted by: jarago | May 14, 2014 5:50:31 PM

22. Man I hate people who do interesting or challenging things. Life would be so much better if everyone just sat at home and complained about or insulted people who do things. Oh wait, but then there wouldn't be anyone left to complain about, so that would suck too.

Posted by: Paul R | May 14, 2014 9:41:51 PM

23. Show off.

Posted by: Mike | May 14, 2014 10:29:37 PM

24. Dude's cute.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | May 14, 2014 11:41:26 PM

25. Nice one Paul R.

Now, how does the steadycam technology work that achieved this? In the editing computer later or what?

Posted by: emjayay | May 15, 2014 1:55:30 AM