Dale Hansen | Football (American) | Michael Sam | News

Dallas Sports Anchor Dale Hansen Goes 'Unplugged' Again on Michael Sam and NFL Homophobia: VIDEO

Hansen

Dallas Sports Anchor Dale Hansen, who made national headlines last December with his on-air speech about Michael Sam and homophobia in the NFL, returned to the topic on Monday, making note of Sam's late pick and scolding the NFL once again for his homophobia.

Hansen added:

"I do not understand why so many people are so afraid of a gay man in an NFL locker room. I think the other players are gonna be okay. I've worked with gay men in my station and in my department for more than 40 years now and not one of those guys has ever hit on my and I'm starting to get a little ticked off about it."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The voice of reason!

Posted by: Jack M | May 13, 2014 2:56:19 PM

2. Heck, I've worked in the same industry in my town for 22 years and I've never been hit on by any gay man neither!

And I'm gay!

Posted by: the other Ken | May 13, 2014 3:00:10 PM

3. Yes. "somehow we have survived another day".

Posted by: squinney | May 13, 2014 3:09:02 PM

4. i love that guy. most Sports Desk guys are so tiresomely cartoonish,
    he is smart, entertaining and right.

Posted by: mike in nyc | May 13, 2014 3:10:55 PM

5. If Sam is too small at 6.2, 260, and too slow with a 4.9 40, isn't the obvious solution to have him lose 20 lbs and get a little quicker?

Posted by: Scout | May 13, 2014 3:11:19 PM

6. He ran 4.69 at his Pro Day, at 263lbs.

Posted by: Carlie | May 13, 2014 3:17:26 PM

7. You're still good looking Dale.

Posted by: TB | May 13, 2014 3:17:27 PM

8. Is the Case McCoy that Hansen refers to the same Case McCoy that got kicked of the Longhorns team the morning before the Alamo Bowl because of a violation of team rules which turned into allegations of sexual assault? Was it THAT Case McCoy? Or another one. Because I really don't understand why a guy who got kicked off a football team right before a bowl game for getting a woman drunk and taking advantage of her WITH ANOTHER TEAMMATE would be having anything to say about a consensual kiss between two adults. Just sayin'....

Posted by: Remember the Alamo Bowl? | May 13, 2014 3:17:59 PM

9. "He ran 4.69 at his Pro Day, at 263lbs."

I just watched a clip of him hitting a 4.79. He looks kind of stiff and inflexible, too musclebound.

I wouldn't be surprised if he could run a 4.6 if he lost 15-20 lbs, and did a lot of speed work.

Posted by: Scout | May 13, 2014 3:25:20 PM

10. It's no wonder Dale has a gorgeous wife and a great marriage!

Posted by: jimmy | May 13, 2014 3:26:57 PM

11. It's amazing what a sense of humor can do to humanize a person. This guy is great.

Posted by: Mikey | May 13, 2014 3:32:48 PM

12. Mr Hansen is quite smart, and very clever, and I like him!

Posted by: michael | May 13, 2014 3:33:59 PM

13. Also, the Dallas Cowboys' top defensive pick (2nd round) is a 250-lb pass-rushing defensive end who only ran a 4.8. (Unrelated note: This pick was suspended for 3 games in two years, because of violations of team rules, and a lot of scouts had questions about character-related issues.)

So in context Sam's 4.9 (or 4.79) doesn't seem that off. (Unrelated note: Sam was named defensive player of the year in the Southeast Conference, which is generally regarded as far and away as the strongest collegiate football conference, and the highest level of competition, with the best athletes.)

Also unrelated, Case McCoy plays on a team that didn't have a single player drafted. Not a one. Zero. Zip.

Posted by: Scout | May 13, 2014 3:36:40 PM

14. Brilliant!

Posted by: zeddy | May 13, 2014 4:27:05 PM

15. love this guy

Posted by: Joe | May 13, 2014 5:39:34 PM

16. This reminds me of Sophia in "The Golden Girls": "I haven't had sex in 40 years and it's getting on my nerves!"

Posted by: Manny Espinola | May 13, 2014 5:53:53 PM

17. This reminds me of Sophia in "The Golden Girls": "I haven't had sex in 40 years and it's getting on my nerves!"

Posted by: Manny Espinola | May 13, 2014 5:53:54 PM

18. Isn't there a single gay man in Dallas who will do his duty and make a pass at Hansen? You don't have to wait until Valentine's Day and you're not required to break up his marriage. A friendly "Thank you" drink plus a report back to Towleroad...

Posted by: Hue-Man | May 13, 2014 6:04:07 PM

19. This man looks just like someone you'd see driving around "The Block" cruising for boys in Boston in the '70's.

Posted by: Johnny | May 18, 2014 12:47:07 AM