Comments

1. Rick says

Don’t you guys get how eroticizing our straight male peers sets gay male equality back? We need straight men to be comfortable with us and this will incite the exact opposite reaction. Unabashed sexualization has been our downfall thus far (in addition to absorbing sexual perverts into the fray). Why are we so willing to make ourselves palatable to women who usually hate us when straight, masculine men are our most logical and powerful ally?

2. says

Says RIck, who harbors disdain for most gay men. Gurl, you’re so inconsistent. If straight masculine men are so great then how come they all hate you and how come you’re in your fifties and are still completely Closeted?

you’d be funny were it not so crushingly obvious how deeply unloved you are.

3. David From Canada says

Fun, but it would it have been even better if 2 video clips – another one about a war – hadn’t been playing at the same time. ARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!

4. Derrick from Philly says

@ “Why are we so willing to make ourselves palatable to women who usually hate us when straight, masculine men are our most logical and powerful ally?”

LOL!!! Is it time for Prozac or Oxycodon? Tell the nurse to bring you your medication, Rick….NOW!!!

5. Rick says

Derrick, an old black queen like you does not have the authority to admonish me for calling our inappropriate behavior that sets gay men as a community back. While fawning over overt displays of masculine athleticism is understandable, we have to hold ourself to a higher standard of conduct. We’re perverting an innocent display of teamwork and in turn isolating ourselves from the most powerful social group: straight men. They can be an asset to us but we must first earn their trust and not scare them off with smut pieces like this.

6. Shevek says

Yes, we should stop sexualizing straight men, just as straight men modestly refrain from sexualizing women. And goodness knows, straight men never sexualize lesbians. Heavens!

7. John says

@shevek Don’t forget how straight women sexualize gay male sexuality: yaoi in Japan, all of that ‘slash fiction’ on Tumblr and a majority of the M/M romance/erotic novels on the Amazon Kindle store are all written by women.

8. Derrick from Philly says

LOL. @ ” Derrick, an old black queen like you does not have the authority to admonish me”

Ha! Did you actually call me an “old black queen” YOU old White queen!

I bet I’m prettier than you, b.tch. (LOL)

9. DC Insider says

It’s sort of hard not to sexualize buff young men climbing a granite penis covered in lube.

Seriously.

What am I supposed to think of when I see this? Pink elephants?

10. cdubois says

Rick, this self centered, selfie taking generation is a lot different. Most straight guys, with the exception of the rabidly homophobic, of a certain age don’t mind and even enjoy a little attention regardless of from who it is coming. As long as it is looking and not aggressive come-ons most straight guys of this generation don’t care. Handsome is handsome and flattery is flattery. If they are threatened by that they have way bigger problems that me looking at thier greased up abs. Besides, they objectify women all the time, why shouldn’t they get some back…

11. Rick says

None of the comments in the thread so far were from me, the “real” Rick.

My first thought when I saw the photo accompanying this story was, in fact, “Slurp!”

My second thought, after clicking on the video, was how out of place women are at the Naval Academy and how their weakness and inefficacy are so apparent–indeed, the only one who even got to the first level of the platform got there because one of the males “gave her a hand”.

Women no more belong in the military than they do in the corporate suite, for all the same reasons. They simply were not meant to wield power of any kind, certainly not over men, to whom they are obvious inferiors in just about every way, as this video clearly demonstrates.

As for the question of “sexualizing” straight men, I don’t really believe in the “gay”/”straight” paradigm–indeed, my vision is of all men being entirely free to express themselves sexually any way they wish to and that, once we reach that point, questions of “gay” men objectifying “straight” men will be as irrelevant as the concepts of “gay” and “straight” themselves.

The real imperative is for men to liberate ourselves from women entirely–socially, emotionally, and sexually–and everything else will then take care of itself.

12. Derrick from Philly says

@ “None of the comments in the thread so far were from me, the “real” Rick.”

Oh, bullsh.t, b.tch! You called me an “old black queen.” Don’t tell us that none of these comments in this discussion were yours.

LOL “….old black queen…”

I’m gonna’ get your azz back for that. Oh, yes!!! LOL