Janet Porter Wants to Spread New Texas GOP 'Ex-Gay' Resolution Nationwide

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 11.32.25 AM

Janet Porter of Faith 2 Action—a far right social conservative activist group wants the Texas GOP's new 'ex-gay' resolution exported to the entire nation.

The resolution, passed at the GOP convention in Fort Worth this past weekend, endorsed so-called "reparative therapy" as a "legitimate" way for Texans to escape their "homosexual lifestyle."

In her 60-second daily radio commentary, Porter said, "Don't mess with Texas."

That's the message sent to the homosexual agenda from Texas Republicans who now have an official state platform that stands for religious freedoma and the freedom to counsel people out of homosexuality, which is now illegal in California and New Jersey. The official Texas Republican platform now states, quote:

"We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values. We recognize the legitimacy and value of counselling that offers reparative therapy and treatment to patients who are seeking escape from the homosexual lifestyle."

Let's hope this platform gets adopted nationwide.

As leader of Faith 2 Action, Porter is no stranger to making far out comments on the gays. In May of this year Porter warned families to skip Disney World during their "Gay Days" due to a fear of seeing "public displays of perversion". She has also previously said that homosexuality is more dangerous than smoking in a video that was removed from YouTube due to YouTube's policy of prohibiting hate speech.

Listen to Porter's radio address, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith."

Meaning you, all of you, as in the GOP, the Republican Party, OPPOSE Human Rights and the prosecution of those who DENY Human Rights to living, breathing, EQUAL, human beings?

Well I oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose MY RIGHT to stone to death those who cut their beards, stone to death sons for disrespecting their parents, and murdering my neighbors for working on Sundays; Everything MY RELIGIOUS upbringing believed to be true, for it was written in that book of some made-up god.

Posted by: Philie | Jun 10, 2014 1:21:51 PM

2. YAY! Before you know it, we'll ALL be having tons of fun at "Ex-Gay" dinner parties:

Posted by: Chuck Anziulewicz | Jun 10, 2014 1:27:44 PM

3. I worry for the kids who are going to be put through this.

Posted by: Tigernan | Jun 10, 2014 1:35:27 PM

4. "We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose Judaism out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values. We recognize the legitimacy and value of counselling that offers reparative therapy and treatment to patients who are seeking escape from the Jewish lifestyle."

Posted by: RobinBaltimore | Jun 10, 2014 1:39:24 PM

5. I want all ignorant straight yahoos to stop calling my orientation a "lifestyle." Being gay is NOT a lifestyle. What the hell is a lifestyle, anyway? Also, I want all ignorant straight yahoos to stop throwing the Bible at my civil rights. YOUR BIBLE IS NOT THE LAW OF THE UNITED STATES, the Constitution is. I dare you, ignorant straight yahoos, to read the Constitution and find out about it.

Posted by: Hawthorne | Jun 10, 2014 1:39:43 PM

6. ... Emu hipster is a lifestyle...

Posted by: Philie | Jun 10, 2014 1:47:19 PM

7. @hawthorne its the way the evangelicals talk. Calling it a lifestyle makes it a choice and a behavior. In their minds its just a behavior. Since you can change a behavior, gays therefore have no rights. This mindset was carefully crafted decades ago. Love the Sinner, hate the sin and all that. Its actually OK to be gay as long as you don't engage in sex. Because only the "act" is homosexual.

But I agree with you. Being referred to as a "lifestyle" is the most offensive thing you can say to me as a gay man. Call me faggot or queer doesn't really bug me but "lifestyle" makes me fighting mad

Posted by: Homo Genius | Jun 10, 2014 2:06:24 PM

8. Now I get it, bigotry, hatred and discrimination based on so-called religious beliefs is now called "traditional values".

Posted by: Mike | Jun 10, 2014 2:10:40 PM

9. Who cares what this dried up delusional Aimee Semple McPherson has to say?

Posted by: wct | Jun 10, 2014 2:24:09 PM

10. @ Homo Genius - "lifestyle choice" must make your head explode.

I'll go through reparative therapy if Janet Porter, Maggie, Gallagher, Bryan Fischer, and Tony Perkins go through reparative therapy for their heterosexual lifestyle. They will need to live as gay for five years. Then they will have proof that reparative therapy works. Until then, leave us alone.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 10, 2014 2:25:42 PM

11. Why does every picture of this woman look like she is having a very bizarre orgasm?

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 10, 2014 2:37:40 PM

12. why oh why??!?!? do these right wingers look crazy!?!?? This picture matches the crazy coming from this woman's mouth?!?! I hope I am wrong to think this type of proclamation could go national! I guess I should not underestimate the stupidity of the right!

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 10, 2014 6:16:45 PM

13. Are we REALLY going there again. How many steps backwards to we have to take for one step forward in 2014. Janet Porter and the State of Tex Ass can go fk themselves. I am ashamed to have grown up in Texas. I am moving back to Colorado.

Posted by: Stephens | Jun 10, 2014 6:29:21 PM

14. Apparently, idiocy loves company. Mouth breathers have to make sure everyone else is as miserable as they are.

Posted by: Onnyjay | Jun 10, 2014 10:02:15 PM

15. Philie, I think you meant emo. An emu is something like a somewhat smaller ostrich, not a shoegazer Williamsburg 20-something.

Posted by: emjayay | Jun 11, 2014 12:08:05 AM

16. Look, I have no problem with those who practice the heterosexual lifestyle. But when they start recruiting innocent kids to their wicked ways? That's where I draw the line.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 11, 2014 3:09:59 AM