Alex Minsky | News | The Hunger Games

War Veteran and Model Alex Minsky is Now One of the Hunger Games' District Heroes: PHOTOS

Minsky

Alex Minsky, the Afghanistan war veteran-turned-underwear model who lost his leg after an IED exploded under him in June 2009 and whose recovery from both that and alcoholism has inspired as much admiration as his physical beauty, is featured in promotions for the new Hunger Games sequel Mockingjay on its 'Capitol Couture' website, along with several other of Panem's district heroes.

A few more of Panem's stunning specimens, AFTER THE JUMP...

Panem2

4panem

Panem3

5panem

Comments

1. too many tats

nice facial hair though

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 20, 2014 3:49:38 PM

2. @ Moz's - The ink is more than fine with me. Also remember that the purpose of many of those tats is to cover his scars.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 20, 2014 3:58:37 PM

3. Damn Alex Minsky can do WHATEVER he wants to me! I would worship him PERFECT MAN. The tats dont bother me at all! YUM!

Posted by: satty | Jun 20, 2014 4:02:48 PM

4. No thanks. Can we move past the tattoo fad now?

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 20, 2014 4:41:36 PM

5. Love the styling of these photos. It's really interesting to see these kinds of takes on "the future" that isn't so obvious and so much like some Tom Cruise or Super Hero action movie.

Posted by: pablo | Jun 20, 2014 4:53:18 PM

6. Oh, shut it, Sergio. Tattoos were never a fad, please.

Posted by: Joey | Jun 20, 2014 4:59:55 PM

7. Make me, Joey Republican. Not everyone has to share society's standard opinion.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 20, 2014 5:12:50 PM

8. Make me, Joey Republican. Not everyone has to share society's standard opinion.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 20, 2014 5:15:04 PM

9. Make me, Joey Republican. Not everyone has to share society's standard opinion.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 20, 2014 5:15:08 PM

10. Make me, Joey Republican. Not everyone has to share society's standard opinion.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 20, 2014 5:15:54 PM

11. Tattoos are very 'in' right now. I think I may be the only gay guy I know to not have one. Thank goodness I'm largely immune to peer pressure...

Posted by: Håkon | Jun 20, 2014 5:18:36 PM

12. Sergio, you need to go back to your life of go back to giving donkies hand-jobs for money and leave the comments sections for the adults.

Posted by: Buckie | Jun 20, 2014 5:19:46 PM

13. Sergio, you need to go back to your life of go back to giving donkies hand-jobs for money and leave the comments sections for the adults.

Posted by: Buckie | Jun 20, 2014 5:19:50 PM

14. That man is just all kinds of sexy.

Posted by: SeattleMike | Jun 20, 2014 5:20:53 PM

15. That man is just all kinds of sexy.

Posted by: SeattleMike | Jun 20, 2014 5:22:16 PM

16. That was the most puerile, grotesque comment here, Buckie. For shame.

Posted by: Håkon | Jun 20, 2014 5:25:18 PM

17. You need to post some shots of Chris Pratt from the Men's Health on here

Posted by: jarago | Jun 20, 2014 5:25:57 PM

18. "...giving donkies (donkeys) hand-jobs for money and leave the comments sections for the adults."

You'd better start working that juvenile wrist then, buddy.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 20, 2014 5:26:06 PM

19. You need to post some shots of Chris Pratt from the Men's Health on here

Posted by: jarago | Jun 20, 2014 5:27:13 PM

20. Damn! I want treadmarks.

Posted by: Steven | Jun 20, 2014 5:38:03 PM

21. let's take a moment to look at this work in the context of the Hunger Games universe:

the people of the districts are serfs. they have no rights and exist only to serve the needs of the capitol.

these photos glamourize slavery.

they are social satire as well as fashion shots

Posted by: verbocity eric | Jun 20, 2014 6:13:11 PM

22. I read all the books but won't watch the movies until they are all done. Having read them, I can say that it could easily have been three films instead of four, but they want to milk the franchise for all it's worth, and then some
    I agree with the comments on the excessive number of tattoos no matter how hot the person is, after more than a few tats, they become kind of repulsive.

Posted by: Rich | Jun 20, 2014 7:12:22 PM

23. to be fair, none of the pictures shown represent except minsky's, how is anyone to connect without understanding why? also, with all the comments being deliberated at tatt's as fad, might as well been a picture of 1d...

Posted by: smithy | Jun 20, 2014 8:12:35 PM

24. Too bad he's desecrated his body with those tattoos.

Posted by: Martin | Jun 20, 2014 8:33:23 PM

25. Clicking on a post about Alex Minsky to comment on how much you dislike tattoos is sort of like putting your head between a woman's thighs and expressing your distaste for vaginas.

Posted by: Jeip | Jun 20, 2014 8:46:32 PM