Dolly Parton | News

Dolly Parton Planning Dance Record for Gay Fans

Dolly parton

At a press conference last week, gay icon Dolly Parton spoke about her plans to eventually release a pro-LGBT dance album, saying she already has “several songs that are very positive towards the gay community.”

Digital Spy reports:

"I have a song called 'Just A Wee Bit Gay'. It's a great little dance tune, it's funny and it's got a lot of comic in it.

"I do write a lot of songs along those lines with people that are different and are just themselves."

The queen of country is no stranger to branching out musically, having shown off her hip-hop credentials in a rap performance on The Queen Latifah Show last year.

Comments

1. I'm sure you queens are thrilled. I bet you won't be hearing this at the gay sports bars (you queens can have at it, real men don't trifle with such trivial pop music).

Posted by: Rick | Jul 15, 2014 2:00:43 PM

2. I'm sure you queens are thrilled. I bet you won't be hearing this at the gay sports bars (you queens can have at it, real men don't trifle with such trivial pop music).

Posted by: Styler | Jul 15, 2014 2:00:49 PM

3. She's done dance records at least twice that I'm aware of:
    "Baby I'm Burnin'" was a disco record released in 1978 and her version of "Peace Train" from 1997 was a club anthem.

Posted by: Brick | Jul 15, 2014 2:01:53 PM

4. ^same person?

Posted by: luke | Jul 15, 2014 2:02:10 PM

5. Yeah Rick/Styler is known 'round these parts as the Towleroad Troll.

Posted by: Joseph L. | Jul 15, 2014 2:21:37 PM

6. That wasn't the real Rick.

Posted by: Brian W. | Jul 15, 2014 2:30:02 PM

7. Love me some Dolly Parton. Don't really care if she does "dance" music as long as she does music.

Posted by: Ted | Jul 15, 2014 2:37:14 PM

8. @RICK/STYLER -- FYI, "real men" don't use words like "trifle" little buddy.

Posted by: Gigi | Jul 15, 2014 3:05:46 PM

9. Dolly Parton looks damn good in an Afro...

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 15, 2014 3:23:01 PM

10. @Brian W

Why would you think that wasn't the real rick? That's exactly how his "real men" missives sound. And because he has so many aliases he often screws up and posts the exact same comment under many names. That's how we finally confirmed his longest living alias Jason, was in fact Rick. And then Jason disappeared, so we may be seeing the last of Styler too.

Posted by: Brian1 | Jul 15, 2014 3:42:46 PM

11. @Brick - "Potential New Boyfriend" also charted on the dance charts when it came out. And she has released remixes of "Walking on Sunshine" and "9 to 5" as well as a Culture Club collaboration. Disco Dolly is not stranger to the dancefloors.

Posted by: Waynesf | Jul 15, 2014 3:45:18 PM

12. @Brian1

Rick doesn't post as other people. That is just Tyler or Lil Kiwi trying to discredit Rick. Not that he needs any help.

There are many trolls on this site.

Posted by: Brian W. | Jul 15, 2014 3:53:34 PM

13. All trolls are shape-shifters and s**t slingers, god lov'um. Alternate opinions are priceless.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 15, 2014 3:56:25 PM

14. I want to hear a great remix of Sweet Summer Lovin

Posted by: JP | Jul 15, 2014 4:02:59 PM

15. @ "Rick doesn't post as other people."

I don't know, BRIAN W. Do you remember David Hearne before Rick got rid of him/her(he had Hearne start using the name Hagatha also)?

Also, he's used my posting name a few times to post absolute foolishness on issues of race. Why would Kiwi or Tyler use my posting name? They wouldn't.

Well, anyway, Dolly Parton is a fabulous woman with a fabulous WAISTLINE. How the hell do these stars keep those flat little bellies?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 15, 2014 4:06:44 PM

16. Dolly is simply adorable.

Posted by: Matt27 | Jul 15, 2014 4:08:27 PM

17. Derrick, me thinks Brian W. is probably Rick as well. For a user that has never posted he sure seems to know a lot about the trolling situation. And btw, I don't impersonate Rick. But he certainly impersonates me.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 15, 2014 4:10:44 PM

18. I normally wouldn't like her music, but her appeal is universal and traps even me under her spell.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 15, 2014 4:19:58 PM

19. TYLER, yep. The plot gets thicker and thicker on this blog...and all the Exlax in the world won't help it.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 15, 2014 4:26:21 PM

20. "And then Jason disappeared"

Jason is still around. He posts as Petey.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 15, 2014 4:35:48 PM

21. Jason, Rick, and many other "people" are all the same person. It's 100% clear because Rick often malfunctions and posts the same post with various names. He used to try to keep Jason as a separate identity, although I always suspected the two were the same. But there's no question now that he posts rapid fire under different aliases, like he did here. And Brian W, has to be the only person here that thinks Rick doesn't post under numerous names.

Posted by: Brian1 | Jul 15, 2014 8:11:21 PM

22. Dolly needs to stop stereotyping gay men. We don't all like dance music.

Posted by: petey | Jul 15, 2014 9:38:27 PM

23. "Dolly Parton Planning Dance Record For DANCE MUSIC FANS"
    There. FIFY.

Gay people, just like straight people, span the musical spectrum in their tastes.
    Sure, this new Dolly stuff might get played in gay dance bars - just like her country stuff might get played in country based gay bars

((Wow. Am I really making this notation on a gay website? Seems more like something needing to be pointed out on FoxNews or Yahoo!))

And if Dolly were a braver person, and if this weren't just a pandering ploy, she'd do these 'pro-LGBT' songs in her normal country styles. Country music could use that kind of pot-stirring from one of its icons.

Posted by: lookyloo | Jul 17, 2014 7:03:21 AM

24. "she'd do these 'pro-LGBT' songs in her normal country styles. "

Uh, "Travelin' Thru," ya whiny betch.

Posted by: crispy | Jul 17, 2014 8:40:33 AM