More Harrowing Footage from the World’s Tallest Water Slide: VIDEO

3_verruckt

The other day we showed you the first footage from The Verrückt, the world's tallest water slide in Kansas City which is more than 17-stories tall. Garmin VIRB, an upstart competitor to the GoPro, is showing off its video capabilities in a new clip featuring a few rides on the precipitous ride.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP

Do you want to try it?

2_verruckt

Comments

1. Mike in Asheville says

Small point: with all the safety features, its not really “harrowing”. Harrowing is for fire rescuing, assault intervention, parachuting, cliff diving, etc.

2. says

Not my cup of tea. Life is too short and there’s no thrill in shoving my own heart clear up my throat. Has nothing to do with bravery but seems as silly to me as ‘eating deer eyeballs’ or diving headfirst over Niagra Falls. I leave the slide to those who live for such an adrenaline rush. Go ahead, I’ll wait for you at the bottom… :-)

3. Derrick from Philly says

As I said the other day–the owners of this contraption should be required to hand out Depends diapers for everyone who rides.

4. anon says

This is technically a flume ride, not a water slide.

I guess they will keep one-up’ing each other until the ride falls into a black hole. Nothing more exciting than being spaghettified.

5. iowan says

@Mike in Asheville: harrowing dictionary definition = acutely distressing. For some people, this would definitely qualify. Ease up with the personal spin.

6. Chris says

When I first read about this, I didn’t know that you were in a raft. Was concerned about the involuntary tap water enema that would have been associated with the ride….