Music Video | Robin Thicke | Weird Al Yankovic

'Weird Al' Yankovic Skewers Bad Grammar In 'Blurred Lines' Spoof: VIDEO

Word_crimes_1

If you get infuriated by people who misuse their, there, and they're, you'll love musician "Weird Al" Yankovic's takedown of horrid grammar in his video for "Word Crimes," a hilariously pedantic spoof of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines."

And if you like the video, revisit the video parody of "Blurred Lines" that some Texan women made in response to Texas' restrictive anti-abortion legislation.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP...

Word_crimes_2

Comments

1. delightful

Posted by: rarar | Jul 15, 2014 10:53:37 PM

2. He'd have a full time job at Towleroad I reckon.

Posted by: edude | Jul 15, 2014 11:00:55 PM

3. The internet has made this guy so pointless. He's always way too late to the party.

Posted by: JMC | Jul 15, 2014 11:09:24 PM

4. Don't glorify this guy, he is a d##k!

Posted by: Jim | Jul 15, 2014 11:28:19 PM

5. Simply brilliant....maybe kids might learn something from it LOL

Posted by: AaronTx | Jul 15, 2014 11:50:59 PM

6. Thirty years on, still clever and funny. Not bad for a guy who was predicted to be a "one-hit wonder" and "Frank Yankovic's kid."

Posted by: Dback | Jul 15, 2014 11:52:23 PM

7. Jim - I'm not trying to be a jerk, but why is he a d##k? I always thought he was just a good satirist. If he's not so nice, I'd like to know why, seriously.

Posted by: Elliott | Jul 16, 2014 12:57:46 AM

8. elliot, jim is probably some gaga fan still upset over Weird Al's parody of her

Posted by: Moz's | Jul 16, 2014 1:02:14 AM

9. You don't know awkward until you're waiting in line for an autograph and Weird Al hits on your sister. My inner (and outer) nerd thought it was kinda cool. But the rest of me went "ewwwwww!". She had the signed autograph from him on her fridge for years afterwards: "Barbara, If you ever leave your husband give me a call. Weird Al"

Posted by: GeoffreyPS | Jul 16, 2014 1:05:12 AM

10. Such a shame he uses the word 'spastic' as an insult. Fantastic otherwise.

Posted by: Dan Antimony | Jul 16, 2014 4:04:04 AM

11. Yes! I was waiting for a whine about the word "spaz!"

Posted by: Carmelo | Jul 16, 2014 8:32:21 AM

12. I'll not get into any controversy about Al's personality, etc, I'll just say the video isn't as funny as the epic Sister Salad classic, "You Comments are Wack!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tt-WIdmCVQ

Posted by: Huston | Jul 16, 2014 9:13:05 AM

13. If there's a sequel I hope he tackles the dreadful misuses of "begs the question" and "nonplussed."

Posted by: Kent | Jul 16, 2014 10:31:55 AM

14. Unfortunately, even grammatically correct sentences can be stupid.

Posted by: anon | Jul 16, 2014 11:48:18 AM

15. What, did he get hit by gramma rays and turn into the Raging Grammar Sulk?

Posted by: Glenn I | Jul 16, 2014 3:01:22 PM

16. I hope we never lose Weird Al! He's been a favorite of mine for a long, long time. I remember when he was a guy recording stuff in an empty men's room with a tape recorder and an accordion. Back then you could only hear his songs on Doctor Demento on Sunday nights.

"Another One Rides The Bus," "Fat," "Like a Surgeon," "Amish Paradise" were all great. Like being parodied on SNL, Weird Al spoofing your song meant, "You made it." Glad he's still at it.

Posted by: Kevin | Jul 16, 2014 3:36:43 PM

17. Did nobody else notice the subtle stab at "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette?

Posted by: Stephen | Jul 16, 2014 5:07:41 PM

18. I guess if you're going to put yourself out there as a grammar Nazi, you should be sure all of your text is correct. In the U.S. (unlike Britain), the period goes inside the quotes, so his "emphasis". was wrong.

Posted by: Rus | Jul 16, 2014 8:15:36 PM